Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best $13/mo You Can Spend (Streaming) - esp. if you have Kids or like Star Wars

The Great One

Default Re: Best $13/mo You Can Spend (Streaming) - esp. if you have Kids or like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It appears the bundle is only available in the US. Has anyone found it in Canada?
    I've seen a few web pages refer to the bundle in Canada, but when I click on the links it takes me to a broken URL on the Canadian version of Disney Plus' website. So no clue what is up with that.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Best $13/mo You Can Spend (Streaming) - esp. if you have Kids or like Star Wars

By the time you pay for all the streaming services you want to watch, so you can see all the shows you like, you're damn near paying for cable again LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    By the time you pay for all the streaming services you want to watch, so you can see all the shows you like, you're damn near paying for cable again LOL!
    Yup, it's getting close to that.

I've cancelled Netflix, and already told my GF I'll give her my Disney+ if she gives me her Netflix. I'm sharing my Amazon Prime with my mom, I'm getting my DAZN through my GF's brother. This is really the only way you can make it work is splitting it.

BTW Netflix is way to expensive for what you get considering projectfreetv is still out there.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

As long as Friends is on Netflix, my wife will keep that. God knows shes watched that series a billion times from front to back and still watches it when there's nothing else on. She realizes Friends is living on borrowed time on Netflix so shes enjoying it while she can LOL! Thats the only streaming site I subscribe to at this point and thats mainly because I dont need an Android box to use it. My smart TV has it in the menu.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would've been a lot more excited for 'The Mandalorian' if Disney advertised Carl Weathers' casting more. Admittedly I haven't bought a subscription to Disney+ yet (I assumed the roll-out would be choppy) but I'll be getting it for the kids alone soon enough I'm sure.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Nope.
    I've seen enough people run the numbers.
    Cable companies love for you to think that... but they rake you on taxes, equipment rental fees, and even franchise fees (here in the US).
    At least here... people have to barter their cable cost down to $100 (max)... and then they still get hit up for $20+ in taxes/fees/equipment rental.

Pure Internet Charge + Streaming Device + 3-5 Services + FreeDigitalAntenna << Traditional Internet+Cable

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Yup, it's getting close to that.

I've cancelled Netflix, and already told my GF I'll give her my Disney+ if she gives me her Netflix. I'm sharing my Amazon Prime with my mom, I'm getting my DAZN through my GF's brother. This is really the only way you can make it work is splitting it.

BTW Netflix is way to expensive for what you get considering projectfreetv is still out there.

Our family has bought two $50 Rokus and a $40 outdoor antenna about three years ago.
    ($140/36o = $4/mo for that equipment... and it'll still be good for another year or two, I'd think)

+$70/mo pure internet [there are NO add taxes, fees, or anything for pure internet... at least in US. We get a $69.95 charge for 25MBP/s internet, not a cent more. And our internet tests out at 30+ MBps]
    +$13 Netflix
    +$13 Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu
    +$3 Amazon (it's more, but we'd shell out the $80 for free annual shipping)
    +$4/mo equipment
    ------------------------
    ~$100/mo. Very happy family w/2 kids.

My wife challenged me on same thing 3 years ago.
    Now, she says "Yeah, I wouldn't go back to Cable... this is way better."
    People with cable feel left out anyways - EVERY person I know with Cable is still signing up for at least one of Netflix, Hulu, Amazon... etc...

So the real question is: What does CABLE-TV give you that streaming does NOT?

We are also considering dropping Netflix at $13/mo.
    Amazon & Hulu have gotten really good.
    We probably only watch 1-2 shows every 2-3 months... and rarely need a movie.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    ^Nope.
    I've seen enough people run the numbers.
    Cable companies love for you to think that... but they rake you on taxes, equipment rental fees, and even franchise fees (here in the US).

Pure Internet Charge + Streaming Device + 3-5 Services + FreeDigitalAntenna << Traditional Internet+Cable
    The gap is shrinking dramatically. It may not be there yet, but it's shrinking.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Feel free to show me the (money) numbers.
    I haven't seen a single article/presentation to show that cableTV costs can challenge streaming.
    There IS a reason why people are switching and why Netflix stock has soared. It's better business model.

I mean... c'mon... how can 1000+ channels be managed cheaper than a more streamlined package (i.e. "a la cart").
    The cable companies are giants, too, as far as overall corporate costs/structure go.

CableTV is the media-to-food-equivalent of a buffet... you can only justify it if you are constantly shoving as much of what you are offered into your body... which isn't really good/healthy for anybody.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    https://www.tvguide.com/news/the-sim...reen-cropping/

You are indeed correct. There is some bitching online because its only available in widescreen, meaning many background jokes are cropped out but I'm still excited!

If they add "Springfield of Dreams" the Documentary that came out 2 years ago and was cut short by Sunday Night Football I will be very excited!!
    This is one of my favourite Simpsons jokes ever and it wound up being cut out when they cropped it for the new aspect ratio. I can see why there's some bitchin'. I just hope Darkwing Duck went untouched.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    This is one of my favourite Simpsons jokes ever and it wound up being cut out when they cropped it for the new aspect ratio. I can see why there's some bitchin'. I just hope Darkwing Duck went untouched.

Oh that's sad.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The costs of streaming service right now are starting to rise, but that's a short term thing. It's still the infancy of the entire market. Eventually they will merge/bundle and people will have an "online" cable type package where they can choose what streaming services they want. It's the natural progression.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    So far I am only interested in Dark Wing Duck and the Simpsons for nostalgia. I have no interest in re-watching Marvel movies (as they are pretty much all the same), or new/old Star Wars, or old live action Disney. Is there anything specific anyone is interested in with this service? I am curious
    Anyone? Bueller?
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    Anyone? Bueller?
    I think it's just the nostalgic things I'm ready for. Something about a Friday night after work on a snowy night turning on some old-school Disney movies and get cozy.

Dobber Sports Sage

But you don't need to get every streaming package. We have Netflix and Amazon and there are always shows to watch. As I read this forum and others, there are some people that feel you need to get EVERYTHING in order to be satisfied. Why not just get one package for a couple months and then switch? We used to be limited to what was on TV that night and at that time. Now, we have instant access. Can't people be happy with 100 choices or do they need to have everything available in order to find something they want to watch?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    But you don't need to get every streaming package. We have Netflix and Amazon and there are always shows to watch. As I read this forum and others, there are some people that feel you need to get EVERYTHING in order to be satisfied. Why not just get one package for a couple months and then switch? We used to be limited to what was on TV that night and at that time. Now, we have instant access. Can't people be happy with 100 choices or do they need to have everything available in order to find something they want to watch?
    True enough but I'm seeing more and more companies starting one streaming service after another. It's getting harder to choose between them when they all offer something watchable