Thread: Keller - Overrated?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Keller - Overrated?

I've read some stuff on Twitter about this, seems again tonight Coyotes scoring and Keller not involved at all.

I know goals aren't his calling card, but 37 in 171 is pretty poor.

I recall last year he went on a 15 game drought, and this year no goals and tonight is their 5th game.

Also, shot volume seems to be mediocre, if he's going to shoot around 200 times and at his career avg of 8.8, looking at 18 goals..

Just growing frustrated with the guy, had him last year and underperformed, and not doing much this year.

Garland, Dvorak, Schmaltz, Hjalmarsson, Grabner, Stepan all have more goals, and he's not even leading the team in points lol.

Sure, it's early but all last year he struggled to the tune of 47 pts.

I had drafted MacK as a rookie, and signed him to 4 after that season and waited and waited after his poor 2nd season for bounce back, and moved him as my 2 year guy the year before he broke out.

I cashed that year, so that was good but sucked seeing him get 90+ after.

I'm not saying Keller is anything like MacK, other than similar rookie seasons, and fall off after, but just don't want to cut bait too soon. He's my 2 year guy right now, but I'm talking trade wise as there is still interest.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Keller - Overrated?

I cut bait. But my league counts hits and blks which makes him essentially useless while he continues to underachieve offensively.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I cut bait. But my league counts hits and blks which makes him essentially useless while he continues to underachieve offensively.
    No peripherals in my league, but my format is goal heavy, and he's just been very underwhelming since his rookie season. I know Arizona is a wasteland, but surely he should have progressed some from Year 1 to 3.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Same. Swapped him out for Konecny and don’t plan to look back.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Ignore - wrong player - doh!
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Keller 2 pp-apples last night

on pace for 68pts and 27ppp and 205 SOG

the magic of early season.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Keller 2 pp-apples last night

on pace for 68pts and 27ppp and 205 SOG

the magic of early season.
    Haha exactly he's got 5 points now in 6 games. What are we expecting from him? He's a 3rd year player on just an OK team. I think 60+ points would be a good season as he still learns how to play in the league and Arizona starts improving. I would want to give him a little more rope certainly another couple seasons and hope the team gets better. Not to many players can thrive in a dumpster fire of a team and Arizona hasn't been great over well, ever. I think their finally getting there and have some weapons up front. Be patient but your expectations this year should be 60 not 80.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

The Great One

I just about made a massive overpay for him- lol! I switched it to just a run-of-the-mill overpay at the last second but the guy not happy with it. In his defense hes got a pretty amazing record of landing guys that "hit" and evolve into elite level assets.

Full salary cap dynasty with pro team, farm team, and junior team. weekly hth with daily changes.
    Cats are G, A, P, Sogs, PPP, Pims, SHP, GWG and +/-
    Goalie Cats are: W, Saves, Sv%, GAA, SO's

1st Offer:
    Hoffman, Ghost, Terry, Elvis
    For
    Keller, Ekholm, MacElhenney, Carter, (B) Tracey, Keppen and a 1st.

Offer 2:
    Ghost, Elvis, Terry, 7th
    For
    Keller, MacElhenney, Tracey, 1st

So that one failed too and Ive started talks for a solid goaltender that centers around either Dubnyk OR Elvis with Terry involved so I threw one last can kicker offer- haha!

Elvis, Terry, Weegar and a 7th
    For
    Keller, MacElhenney, Keppen and a 2nd

With offer two declined its almost a certainty offer 3 will be but I figured Id try. I do like Keller but including Hoffman feels like way too much. Hoffmans name doesnt get a big reaction- it feels like his production doesnt line up properly with his trade value- lol! He was basically a Tarasenko last year- haha! Anyways- I like the kid but Im feeling like I dodged a bullet at the monster price I had sent to start things off...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Haha exactly he's got 5 points now in 6 games. What are we expecting from him? He's a 3rd year player on just an OK team. I think 60+ points would be a good season as he still learns how to play in the league and Arizona starts improving. I would want to give him a little more rope certainly another couple seasons and hope the team gets better. Not to many players can thrive in a dumpster fire of a team and Arizona hasn't been great over well, ever. I think their finally getting there and have some weapons up front. Be patient but your expectations this year should be 60 not 80.
    I think it was last week- he was 2nd in shot attempts as well...