Thread: Crosby for Matthews trade

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Crosby for Matthews trade

Hello everyone, quick and very straight forward question. I have Sidney Crosby on my team and was wondering if trading him for Auston Matthews would be a smart move. I am in a league that keeps 5 players(4 skaters and 1 goalie). The categories are listed below in my signature. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Crosby for Matthews trade

Trade has fallen through.

Dobber Sports Ace

As a Leafs fan, I could justify that so easily, and would be thinking there wont be another chance or way to get him. If you're not a Leafs fan, you might be thinking it's a year or two too early for the swap, as Crosby should still Out-Point him.

Goals are worth ~50% more than Assists. Looking at the top 180 players last year (would be 170 for you but should work out to be about the same), the average had 23 goals and 36 assists. Matthews' bandaid-boy floor for goals is approaching Crosby's fully healthy ceiling!
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by duducks View Post
    As a Leafs fan, I could justify that so easily, and would be thinking there wont be another chance or way to get him. If you're not a Leafs fan, you might be thinking it's a year or two too early for the swap, as Crosby should still Out-Point him.

Goals are worth ~50% more than Assists. Looking at the top 180 players last year (would be 170 for you but should work out to be about the same), the average had 23 goals and 36 assists. Matthews' bandaid-boy floor for goals is approaching Crosby's fully healthy ceiling!
    I am a Capitals fan so I would have loved trading Crosby but I think the age difference made this trade fall through.

Dobber Sports Jedi

No, keep Crosby...

I'd want a full season out of AM first.
    and also, can he hit 100pts? Cuz Sid WILL.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    No, keep Crosby...

I'd want a full season out of AM first.
    and also, can he hit 100pts? Cuz Sid WILL.
    That is true. The Matthews owner pulled the deal anyway. I was just afraid with his concussions. I know he is the better player.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish Meatball View Post
    I am a Capitals fan so I would have loved trading Crosby but I think the age difference made this trade fall through.
    An awful lot of new prolific posters the past month... seem to all be Washington Capitals fans.

That is true. The Matthews owner pulled the deal anyway. I was just afraid with his concussions. I know he is the better player.
    Crosby's concussion were so 5 years ago. Last 5 seasons GP: 77, 80, 75, 82, 79... Seems like pretty healthy GP numbers to me.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

An awful lot of new prolific posters the past month... seem to all be Washington Capitals fans.

Crosby's concussion were so 5 years ago. Last 5 seasons GP: 77, 80, 75, 82, 79... Seems like pretty healthy GP numbers to me.
    Yeah, concussions though once you have them it just takes one hit. Players also who have had them in the past if they get another the effects can linger for a long time. I certainly don't wish it on any player.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Yeah, concussions though once you have them it just takes one hit. Players also who have had them in the past if they get another the effects can linger for a long time. I certainly don't wish it on any player.
    You also know Crosby's big 'concussion' was a soft tissue injury to the back of his neck that was misdiagnosed for almost a year... it wasn't a concussion.
    His last one about 4 years ago he missed 5 games - mostly as a precautionary measure since he was back skating within a couple of days.
    while he's the concussion poster boy.. he hasn't really had a lot of actual concussions

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You also know Crosby's big 'concussion' was a soft tissue injury to the back of his neck that was misdiagnosed for almost a year... it wasn't a concussion.
    His last one about 4 years ago he missed 5 games - mostly as a precautionary measure since he was back skating within a couple of days.
    while he's the concussion poster boy.. he hasn't really had a lot of actual concussions
    I actually wasn't aware of that. Thanks. He does always seemed to get mentioned when concussions get talked about.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I actually wasn't aware of that. Thanks. He does always seemed to get mentioned when concussions get talked about.
    Some links:
    https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl...ture-1.1157283
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...article542816/
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...rticle4171314/...

there's tons more.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I wonder if this is one of the reason why he is hardly ever involved in fights? Other than the Penguins organization not wanting the franchise involved in fights as well I suppose as well.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I wonder if this is one of the reason why he is hardly ever involved in fights? Other than the Penguins organization not wanting the franchise involved in fights as well I suppose as well.
    No top end scorers are involved in fights Crosby, Ovie, Stamkos, Kucherov, McDavid (waiting on #1) Matthews, Tavares, Seguin.... they just don't fight... if anything Crosby (9) fights more than any of them

Dobber Sports Padawan

Worrying about Crosby's injuries from like six years ago seems like overthinking it, especially when the question was to trade for Matthews who has had injury concerns of his own as recently as last season.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    Worrying about Crosby's injuries from like six years ago seems like overthinking it, especially when the question was to trade for Matthews who has had injury concerns of his own as recently as last season.
    I think age is also a question with Crosby as well especially this being a Keeper league. The trade was a no go anyway.