Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Barzal dropped

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Barzal dropped

I wouldn't trade Crosby because I don't think there is a goalie other than the one you already have that I would trade Crosby for in your settings.

I would wait. Holtby has looked bad. Samsanov may start to split starts.

But, if you want to trade, I really think you need to reflect on what you actually need here. You need to find a goalie who will give you a good gaa and sv% and not lose games. You don't need a volume goalie because that's just chasing ONE category (wins) in your settings. What's the least you can give up to get a good goalie? Honestly, I don't think it was Kuemper that "didn't work" week 1, but rather that you got burned by Vas' poor start.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish Meatball View Post
    Okay, I do understand what you both are say. Barzal does hold a ton of more value than Korpisalo. Here is an option that just popped into my head. It may just work as well. How about this idea. I use my #1WW pick on Barzal. I then trade Sidney Crosby for a top tier goalie instead of Barzal who would get me a lower tier goalie. How does that sound?
    I would submit the claim for Barzal and then tell the league you are looking to move a C for a goalie and then see what offers come back your way and start negotiating.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    I would submit the claim for Barzal and then tell the league you are looking to move a C for a goalie and then see what offers come back your way and start negotiating.
    That is what I am going to do. I am going to get Barzal so that is no problem. I will drop Korpisalo then. Thanks so much.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Here is another issue that could be presented with the daily settings. If I pick up Barzal and drop Korpisalo that will leave my roster with 5 Centers and we play 2 each day. So that leaves 3 that will just sit on the bench wasting stats. It will also then leave my Goalies with 2 and the possibilities of not reaching the 3 start limit and losing all the stats if Samsonov doesn't make starts. So if I don't make a trade to upgrade my goalie situation before the waiver I don't know how this is going to help out my situation.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Why add a 5th C - when you start 2 - when he would by far be the worst of the 5? As nice as owning Barzal might be.. you just don't need him.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Why add a 5th C - when you start 2 - when he would by far be the worst of the 5? As nice as owning Barzal might be.. you just don't need him.
    I have gone back and forth on this. The problem is that Goalies are coveted so much in my league and I have Korpisalo as my 2nd Goalie behind Vasi and Samsonov as my 3rd Goalie. So I was trying to trade Sidney Crosby who I consider one of the top players in the league for a Goalie and I offered him to the owners with Bishop, Carter Hart, Binnington, Fleury, Holtby,and Bobrovsky. Just straight up deals. All 6 owners turned me down. I am not going to just give away a top player nor am I going to just trade for another average Goalie that won't help me anymore than Korpisalo. I might as well stay with 100 point possibility in Crosby and my other really good Centers and roll with Korpisalo, Vasi, and Samsonov. That is what I am going to do. I have the #1WW and I am going to use it when I really need it.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm surprised that goalies have that much value in a ten team league, but all leagues are different. If Crosby can't get you that level of goalie, then Barzal won't be much help.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Swels Stewart View Post
    I'm surprised that goalies have that much value in a ten team league, but all leagues are different. If Crosby can't get you that level of goalie, then Barzal won't be much help.
    Exactly, if Crosby isn’t getting it done for the likes of Binnington or Hart than certainly Barzal will not.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thank God I did not waste my #1 waiver claim on Barzal. #1 he was not claimed at all so I would have wasted it for nothing. #2 I would have dropped Korpisalo which was the advice that was given by many and that would not of been a good thing because he played very well tonight and got a Win tonight. Now I can sit him the rest of the week even if he does start because both he and Samsonov both won and just start Vasi the rest of the week as I have my 3 required starts and my goalie stats are really good and I am winning each category and now my opponent has to play catch up. Sometimes I have realized in fantasy Hockey like I said in a previous post that you have to take chances to get the advantage and that is exactly what I did. I am glad I did not drop Korpisalo.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm glad it worked out for you, but I think you may have missed the point that I and others were trying to make.

Short term this will work for you, but long term you're going to need a more viable solution in net.

Whether that's streaming or ultimately having to move someone out to acquire one.

Regardless, advice and feedback given in these forums is just that.

We only know what you tell us and we provide insight based on our own personal opinions and hope they apply to your situation.

Good luck with the rest of your season.
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    I'm glad it worked out for you, but I think you may have missed the point that I and others were trying to make.

Short term this will work for you, but long term you're going to need a more viable solution in net.

Whether that's streaming or ultimately having to move someone out to acquire one.

Regardless, advice and feedback given in these forums is just that.

We only know what you tell us and we provide insight based on our own personal opinions and hope they apply to your situation.

Good luck with the rest of your season.
    First off, I want to say thank you for your advice. I fully understand that advice for this game or any game is a personal decision and sometimes things workout great and other times not so great, In my short time here I have noticed that many seem to have knee jerk reaction to a lot of things that happen in the game of hockey. Take for example Ben Bishop and his slow start. Now you are going to tell me truthfully that all these people before the season would honestly have taken John Gibson over Ben Bishop, but now only a little into the season everyone would take John Gibson over Ben Bishop. Come on now. That sort of stuff does not win you Fantasy hockey. Now I have only been playing the game for 10 years so there are most likely members on here who have been involved in this game much longer than I. Also it has been my experience in this game that you must take chances as I have expressed in my posts previously to reap rewards. These chances are never with top tier players, but with the fringe players on your rosters such as Korpisalo or Samsonov. Sometimes these chances work and other times they are disasters. Let me explain to you why I took a chance on Korpisalo and Samsonov. I took a chance on Korpisalo not because of Korpisalo but because of the system he is in. Now you might say he is on not such a great team. True, but he has a mastermind of a coach and a defense that is top notch. So it really had nothing to do with Korpisalo why I thought I could take a chance on him. The same sort of goes for Samsonov. It really had more to do with the situation he is in. Holtby is in his final contract season. The Capitals are a very good overall team and defensive team so why not give him a shot. I do think like you said there will be ups and downs, but with chances there will be them. I still think you got to take chances to win and I have done that in the past and succeeded before so that is why I stand by that.

As for your suggestion of streaming goalies and as I stated before in previous posts that will not work in my league as there are limited numbers of transactions in my league. So owners cannot be picking up the daily goalie to fill in a drop whenever they please. It cannot be done in my league because of the settings. I also explained in a previous post that I sent out prior to the waiver on Barzal 6 trade offers for better goalies(Hart, Binnington, Fleury, Bobrovsky, for Sidney Crosby. They were all turned down even Carter Hart and Binnington. So like I said goalies are coveted for some reason and maybe it is because we are only allowed to keep 1 or I don't know why, but they are.

I guess the bottom line with this long post is hope you will continue to give me advice if I ever ask for it whether it works out or not because that is what we are all here for. If we all knew this game 100% and knew what was going to happen all the time with 100% accuracy we would all join the most expensive paid league to win that.

Take Care and good luck with your season ahead.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just circling back to this, as I'm actually curious to how your goal tending is working out for you?

Korpisalo/Columbus and Samsonov have not been good, and well Barzal has been Barzal.
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster