Thread: To trade or not to trade?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default To trade or not to trade?

Hey guys I need some help on if I should pull the trigger on a trade that I was offered.

first off, I have probably the 3rd or 4th best team in the league. There are two power houses but in the other conference. So if all goes well I should have a good path to the finals where I honestly don’t think I can beat those two teams as of right now. However, I’m looking to bolster my team. My issue is I have a pretty young prime team with some great pieces on my farm. I don’t want to totally mortgage my future but if I can increase my odds I may just bite.

my issue is defensive scoring in my league is 2.5x so offensive d are very valuable. I usually roster 6 or 7 d players and only have 5 right now, so really need to add another guy. A rebuilding team offered me this:

I get: Tyson Barrie D TOR

I give: Jakob Chychrun D ARI, Barret Hayton C ARI, 2020 2nd round pick (13-15 in terms on NHL draft placement)

I already have Morgan Reilly too so having two D on the same team I’m not a huge fan of but I’m wondering what everyone thinks? Do I make this trade? Team and cats is below (BDFHL).

BDFHL | Seattle Totems
    12 team H2H Full Keeper w/ 25man prospects
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hits,BLK,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,OL,GA,ShL (2.5x for defensive points)

Main Roster
    F:Scheifele/Larkin/Monahan/Huberdeau/Dubois/Arvidsson/Rakell/Ehlers/Konecny/Stastny/Fiala/Domi/Tatar/Backlund
    D:Rielly/Chabot/Dahlin/Ekholm/Klefbom
    G:Gibson/Hart/Howard

Prospect Roster
    F​: A.Svechnikov/Dach/Foudy/Hayton/Kunin/McMichael/Dickinson/Dorofeyev
    D: Montour/Fabbro/Chychrun/Juolevi/Sanheim/Bjornfot/R.Johnson/McIsaac/Perunovich/Walker
    G: Korpisalo/Merzlikins/Copley/Eriksson EK/Petersen/Sandstrom
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague
    16 team H2H Full Keeper w/ 20man prospects
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hits,BLK,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,OL,GA,ShL (2.5x for defensive points)
    SBFHL Champion: 2013-14, 2017-18

Main Roster
    F:Tavares/Malkin/Benn/Pavelski/Tarasenko
    /Granlund/Parise/Dubois/DeBrincat/Ritchie/Chiasson/Marleau/
    D:Hedman/Subban/Doughty/Rielly/Oleksiak/C. Miller
    G:Rask/Quick

Prospect Roster
    F​: Frederic/Foo/Heponiemi/Mantha/Ho-Sang/Groulx/Safin/Hawryluk/Goldobin/Roslovic/Korshkov/Cj. Smith/Bokk/McBain/Greer/Marody
    D: Jokiharju/Perunovich/M. Phiillips/Weegar
    G: Gillies/Brossoit/Wedgewood/Eriksson EK

Default Re: To trade or not to trade?

Also worth noting Montour is at 189 career games played and I will have to call him up to my main roster permanently prior to his 201st game. So I would have 4 D from Tor and Buf...
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague

Main Roster

Prospect Roster
    F​: Frederic/Foo/Heponiemi/Mantha/Ho-Sang/Groulx/Safin/Hawryluk/Goldobin/Roslovic/Korshkov/Cj. Smith/Bokk/McBain/Greer/Marody

Bump. Anyone have any good insight they would like to share? I’m still on the fence if I should make this move or not.
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague

Main Roster

Prospect Roster

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am also one not to like having 2 players from the same team at one position. Now that really isn't the main reason I wouldn't make the trade though. I don't feel that Tyson Barrie is going to put you over the top of these teams that you say are better than you and you are giving up some of your future just for that. In addition to that you defensive core is already pretty solid so adding him to the mix is just strengthening an already strength. In my opinion I wouldn't make the trade.

two unproven players and a pick for a proven d man in a contract year still fairly youngish , where do I sign up?