Thread: Overpaying for Keller

The Great One

Default Overpaying for Keller

Im a big fan- and this trade solves my center problem by adding Carter and keller might get C designation as well.

Team and league in sig. Its a clear overpay- but Im a beliver in Keller. I like how much hes shooting this year and Im blown away he signed at that price- I think its going to age like Forberg good- lol! Its painful to move Hoffman- hes everything I like in a forward- high volume shooter, goal biased production and scored regardless of team/linemate- but the solace I take is in that a)I get Keller back- lol!!! And b) he's in a contract year and him and his gold brickin' wife seem like they gettin' dat cabbage this time around- lol!!! That being said I think hes criminally underrated. Adding McElhenny means I take a long term hit but not much of a short term one at (all). Tracey and Keppen dont offer Terry level upside but I had a bunch of guys break a bit early especially Goalofsson so Im not as reliant on any kind of "calder contending" season for Terry this year. I feel like Im just pushing the upside back a couple years which is fine. In Ekholm its whatever- the biggest loss where Im sitting is the sogs- thats a heartbreaker- but maybe his =/- will be better. Dont get me wrong Im a HUGE fan of Ghost in a salary cap format- but Ekholm brings pretty similar packagae albeit with a significant step down in the upside department. thats why I pay the big bucks to EK, Krug and Hamilton though- lol!

Hoffman/Ghost/Elvis/Terry/Trenin/Clarke (Graeme)
    For
    Keller/Ekholm/McElhenney/Carter/Keppen/Tracey (Brayden)/and a 1st next year

* Hes also got Toffoli and Andreas Johnsson- but I deferred from trying to add them in. Toffoli hes included in other offer- but that was before he picked up his game and the owner has promoted him to his pro roster which might change things- wheras Johnsson was a dealbreaker in the past.

** I asked for Carter but hes got Henrique, Namestikinov, Eller, Soderberg, Ryan Strome and especially Turris also available. He included R Strome in the orignal offer as I had asked about him and was intrigued as a 2C sleeper but I HATE his low sog volume and its business as usual with 2 in 2 games lol! Turris is expensive at 6 million- feel like your paying for the name. Eller offers the least upside but his sogs and +/- would be servicable and 40ish points is good enough. I can ask to swap him in- hes cheaper too.

*** I have a hard time keeping my draft picks but next year is a deep draft and ALL of mine are gone already- lol!

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Overpaying for Keller

What kind of first are we talking about next year?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Default Re: Overpaying for Keller

So its a 14 teamer- and hes top third of the league for sure- imho- hes one goalie shy of basically being the favorite (although in weekly hth leagues nothing is set in stone). So Im going to say 9-14 range...

Also because I have NO picks- I was debating adding 2nd/3rd in 2021 instead of guys like Keppen. But the offer is currently tabled with just the one pick involved...