Thread: Aho for ???

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Aho for ???

In looking at my team in my signature, who would you offer for Aho (LW)? Or would you recommend to stand pat?
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    C - Stamkos, Zibanijad, Wright, Norris, Seguin (RW), Larkin, Zegras, Zary
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller
    G - Andersen, Gustavsson, Saros, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Aho for ???

Petterson (Van) or maybe Guentzel or O'Reilly (may not do the trick)?
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller

Dobber Sports Stud

Take any two of your fringe keeper players (you've got a lot more than 10 keepers on your team) and pair them together for Aho + maybe a pick upgrade. Any two of Guentzel, O'Reilly, Konecny, Giroux, Letang would be a good start.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Referee3083 View Post
    Take any two of your fringe keeper players (you've got a lot more than 10 keepers on your team) and pair them together for Aho + maybe a pick upgrade. Any two of Guentzel, O'Reilly, Konecny, Giroux, Letang would be a good start.
    We actually keep 24. So those fringe keepers are actual keepers. LOL

The Great One

I don't really see a good fit there...straight up Petterson, O'Reilly, or Guentzel for Aho would be good for you, but likely won't get it done and packaging any of those with another keeper would be an overpayment, imo.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

The Great One

That format is bizarre- lol! So heavily weighted towards a flaky cat in plus/minus!! So what i would do is look up team stats and find the even strength goals allowed. I couldnt fint even strength so far but I found goals allowed for you and focused on the goal differentials. these numbers are based off last years totals as this years sample sizes would just be wonky at this point:

Tampa Bay +98
    Calgary +66
    Boston +45
    Toronto +37

Lead the pack. Toronto is closest to the clusterf@ck in the middle that starts at 33. targetting players from those teams are advisable obviously. Pittsburgh, NYI, SJ, and Winnipeg follow in terms of decent differentials- Id be worried about that AHL defense Winny is icing though- lol! Tampa is tough because they have like super super stars and then guys I wouldnt trade Aho for. Point is the closest but I feel like hes a regression candidate this year and Id rather have Aho. Id easily do Gudreau but not sure youd be able to pull it- im luke warm on Monahan myself because I just think hes Gudreau dependant- same goes for EliasBoston is similar and unless your targetting Pastrnak (good luck! :P0- your giving up a lot of years. TO has a lot of interesting assets- and Id do any of the big three. I mean the problem your facing with these teams is that Aho is "the guy" but hes just not producing. You dont want to fall to the second tier of assets like the Nylanders or the Tkachuks but its gonna be tough to pull a swap for "the guy" on these teams cause theyre havign better starts. So my lightly researched preference is to hold. In that second tier youve got barzal who is similarily underperforming and NYI is a tight defensive team as well. if you can squeeze out an extra "plus" or upgrade somewhere Id look into that.

LA -52
    Ottawa -52
    Anaheim -59
    NJ -60

Are the bottom dwellers and again theres a bit of a frop and things get all clustery. id avoid these teams mostly in your format with the caveat that once NJ figures its sh@t out- they could go on a St. Louis type run in the second half. theres so much talent on that roster thats not being utilized properly or just not clicking yet. Detropit, Buffalo, NYR, Edmonton are the lower chunk of the pack. Im not going to do a player by player valuation here because you just want to avoid these teams. Two that stick out though are zibanejad and mantha. You might think thats absurd because theyre doing do well- but as fantasy GMs were being bombarded with articles and podcasts reccomending to "sell-high". ill admit its generally a soft sell thats reccomended because these guys have legitimate upside. as an example I just made an offer of my ziba for Aho with my ghost outgoing as well for Hamilton going back. thats the danger of shopping your aho here. Youll likely need to add a significant "plus" and from here on out I wouldnt be shocked if they performed the same. Unless points "carry over" via trade (which Ive almost never heard of outside of the old school leagues Dobber plays in)- youre probably better off to hold.

Carolina at 22 is pretty middle of the pack but Id expect that to get better not worse as their defense is rock solid so I could see them climbing a bit and they werent bad to begin with. Aho drives play himself, is not linemate reliant, and tends toward higher sog volume- these things are all the things Im looking for in a core asset. So i guess in the end that was a big old word count to say.... drumroll... stand pat- lol! :P I know its boring but when the dam breaks it wont feel so boring and you wont have had to have added a key piece to pay for points that are already scored, accounted for, and dust in the win(d)...

Link:
    https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/team-s...&team=1&page=1

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thank you for the solid analysis of targeting the plus-minus teams. I am sure he would do a Petterson for Aho swap.