Thread: Thoughts on Pavelski?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Thoughts on Pavelski?

Points only league. Thoughts on Pavelski?
    One year H2H points - 12 teams
    3C, 3RW, 3LW, 6 D, 5 BN, 2 G, 2 IR+

C: Aho, Larkin, Hayes, Giroux
    RW: Kane, Rantanen, Wheeler, Radulov, Armia
    LW: Forsberg, Schwartz, Tatar, Zucker, Dadonov
    D: Hronek, Shattenkirk, Ristolainen, Gustafsson, Schmidt
    G: Murray, Markstrom, Merzlikins

IR+: D. Strome, Hart

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Thoughts on Pavelski?

He has paced between 65-70 points the last three seasons. A slow start in a new scenario in Dallas may be expected, but after a slow start I think a 65 point pace makes sense. So maybe he finishes with 55-60.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

If you read my piece on outliers in the fantasy guide, he had a lot of things pointing toward a subpar season and I think that's what we're in the process of seeing unfold.

Of course with my history of poo-pooing Pavelski on these forums, now watch him go out and score 9 points in his next 3 games.....
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Initiate

Dallas is the 20th ranked team in scoring so far this year. Based on their fire power, I didn't expect this - they have only scored 13 goals in 7 games. If you look at goals per game, then only Arizona is behind them. Not only that, their goal differential is the second worst in the league tied with Minnesota and ahead of only NJ. This is not good company.

Pavelski has been a 65+ point player on a team with fewer offensive players. I would expect him to maintain that pace or exceed it. Right now he has 1 point in 7 games which puts him on a pace to score 12 points for the season. With that said, chemistry is so important in hockey. Maybe Dallas' problem is chemistry. It's Pavelski's first time on a team other than SJ - maybe that's his problem.

Assuming he's 5 or so points behind his pace right now. A 60 point year is reasonable. That assumes Dallas figures out what is going on and starts putting pucks in the net. If that doesn't happen then all bets are off and he could finish way down in point production.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the answers ! Wondering if I should look to trade him. Would it be worth trading him for a player like Mantha?
    One year H2H points - 12 teams
    3C, 3RW, 3LW, 6 D, 5 BN, 2 G, 2 IR+

C: Aho, Larkin, Hayes, Giroux
    RW: Kane, Rantanen, Wheeler, Radulov, Armia
    LW: Forsberg, Schwartz, Tatar, Zucker, Dadonov
    D: Hronek, Shattenkirk, Ristolainen, Gustafsson, Schmidt
    G: Murray, Markstrom, Merzlikins

IR+: D. Strome, Hart

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by SimonL View Post
    Thanks for the answers ! Wondering if I should look to trade him. Would it be worth trading him for a player like Mantha?
    The way Mantha's looked, I might even make that trade if Pavelski was having a better start to the season. Due to their relative ages and starts, I'm not sure the other owner will go for it.