Thread: points only league, should i swap any of these players?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default points only league, should i swap any of these players?

hey guys im in a points only league and during trades, positions dont count, so we can trade anyone for anyone.

im wondering if i should trade any of these players listed below and next to there name i put my point projection for what i am hoping they get based on where they were drafted:

its just a points only league, so 1 g and 1 a is 1 point

J Benn - hoping he gets 70+
    Couturier- hoping he gets 75 ish+
    Landeskog- hoping he gets 70+
    Marner- hoping he gets 90+ or in the same range as draisaitl/Rantanen
    Rantanen- hoping he gets 90+ or in the same range as draisaitl/Marner
    Tarasenko - hoping he gets 70+
    Oliver ekman larsson - hoping he gets 45+

the rest of the players i picked have lower expectations and i feel like they will make them so thats why i didnt list

With my perspective i feel like J benn and couturier are on the hot seat the most since couts is on 2nd line and j benn needs to heat up

i picked marner/rantanen around the same spot where draisatil got picked so thats why i want them to get the same points as him.
    Rant seems fine and steadily produces but Marner seems to not be as electric as last year with an early assumption. I know it is early in the year but if consensus thinjs i should try trading him then i can.

do you guys think my players can reach there expectations? if not ill try trading them asap for someone else

thanks
    points only league, 1g/1a is 1 point, no adds or drops, only trades. points carried over in trade
    positions dont count after draft day, so we can trade and dress as many players as we want
    C: Larkin, Couturier, Zibanejad, Kuznetsov
    LW: Benn, Landeskog, Guentzel, Forsberg
    RW: Kucherov, Tarasenko, Marner, Rantanen
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Gustafsson, OEL, Yandle, Doughty

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: points only league, should i swap any of these players?

I think all of those are fairly reasonable. OEL and Benn are the two I would worry about most though. They should have some decent name value on the trade market too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: points only league, should i swap any of these players?

I am worried about Benn. Dallas is almost at the bottom of the league in offensive production after 7 games with no sign that they are waking up. If you're like me, you drafted him expecting 70ish points and so trading him is going to yield way less value.

OEL is on a team that is at the bottom of the league in offensive production. They have always been a defensive first team, but unlike Dallas they don't have horses to start scoring tons of goals. I am not sure how OEL has managed 40+ points year in and year out, but maybe Arizona is catching up with him.

Apart from these 2, you expectations are reasonable. Even with Benn, it's possible he turns it around, but for that to happen, Dallas has to figure this out.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko