Thread: Ilya Sorokin

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Ilya Sorokin

Any chance he actually plays for the Islanders at some point? The Islanders could definitely use him. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the situation.

The Great One

Default Re: Ilya Sorokin

It's well known that he's under contract until the end of this year. He signed a 3 year deal in 2017. What he does this summer is anyone's guess.

Dobber Sports Ace

I’m aware of the contract, yes. I just don’t follow prospect goalies that closely so I was wondering if anyone had some information that I did not have.

Dobber Sports Star

There is definitely a chance that Sorokin will play for the Islanders at some point. It sounds like, though, you'd like someone to guarantee that he will. And no one here can do that.

He's like any young guy not from Canada or the U.S. There are a lot of incentives to come to North America, and some to stay home. It all depends on what Sorokin wants. The Islanders seem to be setting things up for him.

Dobber Sports Ace

Was literally just asking if anyone knew something I didn’t. Obviously nobody can guarantee anything.

The Great One

Nobody here is an insider. We basically know whatever is getting reported. It's been quiet on the Sorokin front for awhile, to the best of my knowledge (and googling skills)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Last I read, he is very open to coming over. He does not have to sign a ELC which could mean more money in his pocket. He's also good friends with Varlamov. If he does come, more than likely it will be in April as his team is expected to do well in the playoffs. All signs seem to point to him coming over but it's still a bit of a wait. To answer your question, there really isn't any new update.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Master

he's friends with Varlamov (offseason fishing trips) and also shares same agent . Probably a great comfort for a young guy coming over from russia to have a mentor , friend , fellow countryman to not only be a teammate for first 3 seasons but also play same position .

no inside info , but if you read the tea leaves it seems as though lou has gone out of his way to make transition to north america fairly simple for him.