Thread: Markstrom

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Markstrom

Would you guys drop any of my skaters to add an extra goalie until Jones and Varlamov turn it around? I'm playing with 6 bench spots currently using two for goalies....

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Markstrom

No reason to own Wilson in a setup like you have. Drop him and pick up markstrom
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Stud

First, I don't think Jones is going to turn it around. He was terrible last year (I think the year before too) and there's no reason to suggest he magically pulls it together this year.

How many do you start at each position? I'd be tempted to drop Palmieri, Toews or maybe Halak (only because Markstrom will likely get more starts than Halak).
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    No reason to own Wilson in a setup like you have. Drop him and pick up markstrom
    Only real reasons I went with T. Wilson - plays with Ovie - Racks up Pims, rest of my squad doesn't really do that... scoring and pims is also rare...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by referee3083 View Post
    first, i don't think jones is going to turn it around. He was terrible last year (i think the year before too) and there's no reason to suggest he magically pulls it together this year.

How many do you start at each position? I'd be tempted to drop palmieri, toews or maybe halak (only because markstrom will likely get more starts than halak).

3 - c
    3 - lw
    3 - rw
    2 - f
    4 - d
    2 - g

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick060283 View Post
    3 - c
    3 - lw
    3 - rw
    2 - f
    4 - d
    2 - g
    Thanks, that changes my mind. You've got a nice balance of having 1 player depth at each position, so I'm not sure I'd want to drop the guys I mentioned. Carrying 4 goalies (or possibly 5 if you drop a player for Markie) is a lot in a start 2. Any chance you could package Halak + to Rask's owner or Varlamov + to Greiss' owner?
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Referee3083 View Post
    Thanks, that changes my mind. You've got a nice balance of having 1 player depth at each position, so I'm not sure I'd want to drop the guys I mentioned. Carrying 4 goalies (or possibly 5 if you drop a player for Markie) is a lot in a start 2. Any chance you could package Halak + to Rask's owner or Varlamov + to Greiss' owner?
    I tried on Rask (my angle was shared time and amount of starts), but the owner said it was a little to soon to deal a goalie and he's got 5 of them..... didn't try on greiss yet? I was thinking Varlamov could rep / do for me something similar to Lehner last year so far not so much! Was debating maybe moving a goalie and a position player maybe going after the Vancouver tandem that's on the wire... my peripherals so far this year are killing me....

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I wouldn't want to use half my bench for goalies. Do you have any multi-position forwards?

I'd probably drop Jones for a different goalie in your shoes.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Eeek San Jose despite this awful start should win games ... Could I justify dropping Jones for Markstom?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Absolutely. Jones has been a roughly average goalie on a good team getting lots of starts. There were no actually good individual years, and that was at his best. Since last year, he's been a below average goalie getting lots of starts, and the GAA hasn't really been good enough because he's been so bad.

It's not Wins/Shutouts only, you have ratios, so avoid Jones.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick060283 View Post
    Only real reasons I went with T. Wilson - plays with Ovie - Racks up Pims, rest of my squad doesn't really do that... scoring and pims is also rare...
    I must have just skipped right over the pims category. Yea. I’d hold onto Wilson.
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So Jones drop Markstrom pickup? How much better of a move would be to try and deal Jones for Greiss I'd then have the Islander tandem (which shouldn't be bad)... I could then keep an eye on/ deal Varlamov or Halak for Markstrom.... which combo sures me up the best? I used Markstrom off and on (wire) last year and he helped a lot in spurts... good start to the season and I like what Vancouver is doing in front of him!