Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: It's an honest question..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: It's an honest question..

Quote Originally Posted by Right handed shot View Post
    Not that goofy compared to what’s happening in NJ. It’s early though. Can’t win games if your team doesn’t score goals.

Options would be:

Quick
    Samsonov
    Reimer
    Ullmark
    Blackwood

That’s probably about it.
    This is what I would do and this is really shaking it up. I would drop Schneider and pick up Quick and also drop Saros and pick up Samsonov right now.

Dobber Sports Master

devils have a really light schedule until the end of the month . could be a good thing if schneider is the guy the devils want starting more often than blackwood if he's going to get a lot of rest in between starts for the next 15-16 days

Dobber Sports Ace

Any chance Holtby gets moved by deadline during the season and Caps run with Samsonov (who looks much better than Holtby) and Copley as the backup? That would free up cap space (pun) to sign Backstrom and they'd probably be able to snag a nice pick or depth piece for playoff run versus losing Holts for nothing next Summer... I am hovering over the add button next to Samsonov's name... I'm not even sure why I'm waiting.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
    Any chance Holtby gets moved by deadline during the season and Caps run with Samsonov (who looks much better than Holtby) and Copley as the backup? That would free up cap space (pun) to sign Backstrom and they'd probably be able to snag a nice pick or depth piece for playoff run versus losing Holts for nothing next Summer... I am hovering over the add button next to Samsonov's name... I'm not even sure why I'm waiting.
    The Caps have a chance to make a run for the cup. Holtby is a proven NHL goalie - Samsonov not so much. I think it is possible for the Caps to trade Holtby this year by the trading deadline. However for that to happen Samsonov has to really prove that he can handle the job as an NHL starter and even more an a starter on an NHL team that has cup aspirations. Even then, I think it more likely that they keep Holtby and keep feeding him games so he is ready for the playoffs. I think the Caps want to prove that Samsonov can handle the load for next year so they don't have to resign Holtby. Once they do that, they will want Holtby ready for the playoffs.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Right handed shot View Post
    Jersey looks awful
    I think this is the bigger issue than Schneider. I watched their "game" against Boston last night. I was paaaaiiiiinnnnnnffffuuuullllll to watch. No coordination. No chemistry. Guys are literally flopping around the defensive zone. At one point, during even strength, they had all 5 Devils players in a box between the slot, face-off dots and the goal. The Bruins were genuinely cycling the puck like it was a 5on3 PP, but it was freaking even strength.

The good news is that this is all solvable and is due to so many new players in the top 6 forwards and top D pairing. It's going to take some time for them to come together and start playing like a team. Schneider is being totally left out to dry. The question is how long does it take for this to start coming together and can you make it wait that long.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
    IMO there's almost no chance the Capitals trade Holtby in season. Going with Samsonov and Copley and trying to win a Cup that way is risky. Holtby and Samsonov gives them an awesome pairing of goaltending with Copley there if anything goes awry. They don't need to worry about signing Backstrom right now. They're all in for this year.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf06 View Post
    They can't score for some reason but I think that will change before Schneider will change. I had Schneider just two days ago and traded him for Quick. Yep Quick who is off to an awful start. I did it cuz Quick can't stay that awful and he also don't have a back up Goalie breathing down his neck to start like Schneider does. Quick has this huge long contract and he is the starter. So I made that trade as goofy as it sounds. I have a question though who would you replace Schneider with?
    Campbell is better than all 3! Quick, Blackwood and Schneider.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quick
    Samsonov
    Reimer
    Ullmark
    Blackwood
    Of these guys, Blackwood is clearly NOT an upgrade. If the Devils as a whole are the big problem ( and I think that's fair) dropping the starter for the backup is horrible.

Samsonov/Reimer/Ullmark are backups who are playing well right now. I think Ullmark can take a job the easiest, Samsonov has it the hardest. All are reasonable Saros replacements.

Quick has been the worst goalie in the NHL so far this year. I see no reason to grab him right now, and I'm not sure he keeps that job.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Start Schneider today against Fla? Or sit?
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Keep 13-15 (Auction Draft)
    Start - 4C, 4 LW, 3RW, 6 D, 2G
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

C - Chytil, Geekie, Pageau, Rasmussen, Drury
    LW - Macelli, Hoglander, Greig, Knies
    RW - Joseph, Barabanov, Tuch, Tippet, O'Connor
    D - Harley, Vlasic, Moser, Perunovich, Liljegren, Boqvist
    G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System
    G, A, +-, PIM's, GAA, Sv%

Dobber Sports Initiate

I started Schneider, at 4-1 i was pleased and then.....

I really want to drop him since my league counts W/GAA/SV%/SO all of which schneider is destroying, a back up that might get less wins but doesn't burn gaa/sv% is likely more valuable, as of now wanting to drop schneider for samsonov, would anyone tell me otherwise????
    12 Team H2H - 3C/3LW/3RW/4D/4BN
    G,A,PPP,PIM,+-,SOG,SHP
    W,GAA,SV%,SO

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by holypuck View Post
    I started Schneider, at 4-1 i was pleased and then.....

I really want to drop him since my league counts W/GAA/SV%/SO all of which schneider is destroying, a back up that might get less wins but doesn't burn gaa/sv% is likely more valuable, as of now wanting to drop schneider for samsonov, would anyone tell me otherwise????
    Personally I am done asking. He has to go. In just being perfectly honest, I don’t believe he’s the problem. I watched them play Florida yesterday and they were absolutely atrocious. Cross ice passes in front of their own net and in the neutral zone getting picked off left and right. It was really painful to watch. Most goalies in the league would have looked the same way.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Prior to yesterdays game I would have said do not drop Schneider, but what happened with losing the lead the Devils had was disturbing. A guy like Samsonov, Reimer, Demko I believe would be a better option at this time.