Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It's an honest question..

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default It's an honest question..

Simply put, is Schneider droppable? Sure it's early but this doesn't look good... Like, at all..
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Keep 13-15 (Auction Draft)
    Start - 4C, 4 LW, 3RW, 6 D, 2G
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

C - Chytil, Geekie, Pageau, Rasmussen, Drury
    LW - Macelli, Hoglander, Greig, Knies
    RW - Joseph, Barabanov, Tuch, Tippet, O'Connor
    D - Harley, Vlasic, Moser, Perunovich, Liljegren, Boqvist
    G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System
    G, A, +-, PIM's, GAA, Sv%

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: It's an honest question..

I would wait a little longer unless there are some half decent goalie options always available on your free agent pool. You can always hold him on your bench until he either sorts it out or you decide its not worth it any more.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I would wait a little longer unless there are some half decent goalie options always available on your free agent pool. You can always hold him on your bench until he either sorts it out or you decide its not worth it any more.
    Yeah. Not a lot of bench space with 4 Goalies already. Names like Samsonov, Ullmark, Quick, Reimer and the like are still there.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Schneider has been averaging close to 3.5 goals per games and to makes things worse his team isn't scoring at all. I do think his team will start scoring but him letting in goals I don't know if that will change much. I would give him a few more starts and also the Devils will see if Blackwood starts to heat up then Schneider could be riding the pine for awhile.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf06 View Post
    Schneider has been averaging close to 3.5 goals per games and to makes things worse his team isn't scoring at all. I do think his team will start scoring but him letting in goals I don't know if that will change much. I would give him a few more starts and also the Devils will see if Blackwood starts to heat up then Schneider could be riding the pine for awhile.
    So you’re saying he’s droppable? Because i see the same. Its hard to see this turning around anytime soon, if at all.

Administrator

Sometimes teams that go through a lot of changes struggle early. See Toronto. Schneider's numbers aren't even that bad when put against the league average (.904 -> https://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/stats.html). Not to mention his numbers are a lot better than Blackwood's.

I'd be patient with him given the alternatives in your FA pool...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Sometimes teams that go through a lot of changes struggle early. See Toronto. Schneider's numbers aren't even that bad when put against the league average (.904 -> https://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/stats.html). Not to mention his numbers are a lot better than Blackwood's.

I'd be patient with him given the alternatives in your FA pool...
    Yeah I don't wanna make a knee jerk reaction here. I know when they start scoring I may be sorry..
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System

Administrator

I mean if you really want to gamble you can try Reimer

Dobber Sports Initiate

I mean if you really want to gamble you can try Reimer
    If the Devs and Schneider right the ship I’ll never forgive myself. Time is ticking though.

Administrator

Reimer is the hot hand but my rule of thumb is don't change my pre-season thoughts in the first week of the season.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Reimer is the hot hand but my rule of thumb is don't change my pre-season thoughts in the first week of the season.
    And I don't think you're wrong. It's a good rule to follow. My problem here to be more specific, is that I'm currently last in GAA and Schneider, Saros and 1 visit from Merzlikins are 100% responsible. It's a tough hole to climb out of cause we carry saves and wins so we can't sit em' too much. Not sure the Devils will be the team that keeps it under 3 average per game. So... I'm wondering now if I'm better off grabbing Ullmark as a handcuff to Hutton and tie up Nashville and Buffalo nets or stay with Schneider who seems to be winning the battle of losers right now.
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Standard Point System

Quote Originally Posted by Right handed shot View Post
    So you’re saying he’s droppable? Because i see the same. Its hard to see this turning around anytime soon, if at all.
    I'm saying give him a few more starts and most likely nothing is going to change with him than you can drop him. Looking at your goalies though I would be more concerned with Saros.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm saying give him a few more starts and most likely nothing is going to change with him than you can drop him. Looking at your goalies though I would be more concerned with Saros.
    Yep. And I certainly am. Although I have to think he’ll fix it. He did the same thing to me last year when he started off bad and I had to drop him just to watch him clean it up midway through the season. At least he has the team in front of him. Jersey looks awful

Quote Originally Posted by Right handed shot View Post
    Yep. And I certainly am. Although I have to think he’ll fix it. He did the same thing to me last year when he started off bad and I had to drop him just to watch him clean it up midway through the season. At least he has the team in front of him. Jersey looks awful
    They can't score for some reason but I think that will change before Schneider will change. I had Schneider just two days ago and traded him for Quick. Yep Quick who is off to an awful start. I did it cuz Quick can't stay that awful and he also don't have a back up Goalie breathing down his neck to start like Schneider does. Quick has this huge long contract and he is the starter. So I made that trade as goofy as it sounds. I have a question though who would you replace Schneider with?

Dobber Sports Initiate

They can't score for some reason but I think that will change before Schneider will change. I had Schneider just two days ago and traded him for Quick. Yep Quick who is off to an awful start. I did it cuz Quick can't stay that awful and he also don't have a back up Goalie breathing down his neck to start like Schneider does. Quick has this huge long contract and he is the starter. So I made that trade as goofy as it sounds. I have a question though who would you replace Schneider with?
    Not that goofy compared to what’s happening in NJ. It’s early though. Can’t win games if your team doesn’t score goals.

Options would be:

Quick
    Samsonov
    Reimer
    Ullmark
    Blackwood

That’s probably about it.