Thread: Semyon Varlamov was just dropped

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Semyon Varlamov was just dropped

I am thinking of putting in a WW claim dropping Saros for the league in my sig. Thoughts?

I have already missed out the opportunity to grab Halak and Samsonov waiting for Saros to turn it around. Not sure I want to do the same with Varlamov. If not Varlamov, there are a few others on the FA list that might garner a pickup:

Greiss
    Mike Smith
    Reimer
    Howard

Thanks.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Semyon Varlamov was just dropped

Greiss would make a nice 3rd goalie

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by redwing401959 View Post
    Greiss would make a nice 3rd goalie
    That thought has crossed my mind. So has picking up both Greiss and Varlamov because it just isn't clear who is going to play when.

The other thought has been to stream starting goalies (through Saros' roster spot) on a daily basis to get extra starts during the week.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Can you go with 4 Goalies and pick up both Varlamov and Greiss? If you can drop Saros and Tyler Johnson for them.

Your reply on my thread on "Zero-Goalie" was excellent. I dropped Varlamov in my league thanks to your work. I saw this post and thought...No! He's in my league and was trying to get me to drop Semyon! I like the idea of streaming starters when necessary. I decided to just run one goalie in my league (Andersen) and only start him when I think he's posting a "W". The guy I picked up was Erik Haula. He scored a few goals for me. Meanwhile, for the week, prior to dropping Andersen and still having Varlamov, I ended up a -4 for the week for Varly and Freddy as my two goalies. I benched Freddy before TBL game or it would've been a -11. The extra skater (Haula) proved in this week, at least, to be a much better way to go.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    Your reply on my thread on "Zero-Goalie" was excellent.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    I dropped Varlamov in my league thanks to your work. I saw this post and thought...No! He's in my league and was trying to get me to drop Semyon! I like the idea of streaming starters when necessary. I decided to just run one goalie in my league (Andersen) and only start him when I think he's posting a "W". The guy I picked up was Erik Haula. He scored a few goals for me. Meanwhile, for the week, prior to dropping Andersen and still having Varlamov, I ended up a -4 for the week for Varly and Freddy as my two goalies. I benched Freddy before TBL game or it would've been a -11. The extra skater (Haula) proved in this week, at least, to be a much better way to go.
    The situation in your league is very different than mine. GA really count against you especially if your goalie doesn't win. With that said, Saros has been terrible so far this year and I picked him up knowing he wouldn't get many starts, but when he did I would get good-->great peripherals and possibly the win too. He has done the opposite for me this year so far. The problem for me is that I am already probably going to lose Saves (because most teams have 3 starters +), I can't give up GAA and SV% too. This would mean I will lose 3-->4 of the 4 goalie stats and force me to win 5-->6 of the skater stats.

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think I'd grab half the Islanders tandem at this point, and very possibly both halves.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.