Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When is it time to drop ghost?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default When is it time to drop ghost?

In an 8 person banger league with G, A, P, PPP, SOG, Hits and Blks.

Is it time to drop ghost? I got rielly, Carlson, edler, and ristolainen. Issue is that my peripherals are really good already and can benefit from more points and PPP.

Options like Justin Faulk, Ryan Suter and Ryan Pulock are still available. Looking for the best option to get me good point getting stats.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: When is it time to drop ghost?

Philly has only played 2 games! Think you need to relax for a hot min
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would give him some more time. If his minutes continue to drop then pick up Faulk.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by cferens View Post
    I got rielly, Carlson, edler, and ristolainen.
    Honestly even with his lack of production so far I'm not sure Gostisbehere is the one I'd single out for dropping there. I'm looking at Ristolainen because I'm not seeing a lot of room for him to get the kinds of opportunity he needs to suceed.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If you need points and are good on peripherals drop Ristolainen. However, that may hurt your peripherals too much.

I'd probably grab one of those guys off your list, since it's multi-cat, and then focus on upgrading scoring up front by moving a more well-rounded guy for a scorer type.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Is it time to drop ghost? I got rielly, Carlson, edler, and ristolainen. Issue is that my peripherals are really good already and can benefit from more points and PPP.

Options like Justin Faulk, Ryan Suter and Ryan Pulock are still available. Looking for the best option to get me good point getting stats.
    8tm league with 5D on your roster - very shallow on D... if you don't have transaction limits - just cycle that roster spot.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Rookie

Do you think 5 D is bad with an 8 team league? I don't think my D is shallow at all lol, Carlson, Rielly, and Risto are studs. I have 4 adds per week.

Do you think 5 D is bad with an 8 team league? I don't think my D is shallow at all lol, Carlson, Rielly, and Risto are studs. I have 4 adds per week.
    It all depends on format. In the leagues I am in, 5 D would be awful, since we start 6. In a league starting 2-3, it's good. We don't have info on roster size or format.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He's not saying your D is bad... but rather the league is shallow... you should only have studs; every team should.

To answer your question, I think you're safe to cycle out Ghost in this format .... anything deeper however, it's a hold imo

Dobber Sports Rookie

Format is 6 forwards, 4 defense and 3 goalies. Banger league cats. Do you think having 5 D is too many? Should I roster in another forward and play only 4D?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Philly is in a weird place on the blue line right now imo. They brought in two experienced pros that soak up a lot of minutes in Niskanen and Braun, both of which averaging more min than Ghost. He needs to crack a donut and hopefully open the flood gates. For perspective, Flyers have a new coach (who is playing around with the lines), two new journeyman d-men, and a weird start to the season that saw them in Europe, then a west coast trip. They also have one of the worst season schedules and 17 b2bs....just saying it's not looking great for Ghost to have an easy bounce back year.
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Dobber Sports Jedi

Not yet.... or not at all.

last night he had 6sog & 4:26 PPTOI & 7 seconds off his season high of 19:22TOI ...

slow start = buy low oportunity & mistakes made by knee-jerk decisions
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I havent read through this yet but Faulk just got demoted to the third pairing. Its probably temporary, however- he was spoonfed pp minutes like cheerios in Carolina and still put up very "meh" totals- lol! he offers a peripheral floor- but so does Ghost. Suter is... just dont bother- lmao! Sooooo boring. Pulock interesting but Im not ready to drop Ghost for him...

Format is 6 forwards, 4 defense and 3 goalies. Banger league cats. Do you think having 5 D is too many? Should I roster in another forward and play only 4D?
    I think 5 D is about right, given that. 3 Goalies is unusually deep per team, especially so with skaters so shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by BealestreetTyrant View Post
    Philly is in a weird place on the blue line right now imo. They brought in two experienced pros that soak up a lot of minutes in Niskanen and Braun, both of which averaging more min than Ghost. He needs to crack a donut and hopefully open the flood gates. For perspective, Flyers have a new coach (who is playing around with the lines), two new journeyman d-men, and a weird start to the season that saw them in Europe, then a west coast trip. They also have one of the worst season schedules and 17 b2bs....just saying it's not looking great for Ghost to have an easy bounce back year.
    The bolded is very important. Also, Fletcher's not very good at making deals, so expect roster construction to be a problem while he is in charge. Braun should've been a guy who you sign after he gets bought out, not somebody you trade 2 draft picks for to help out a team with cap issues. They also retained salary on the cheaper younger guy to get Niskanen.