Thread: From all available, Which 2 Rookies would you want ROS

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default From all available, Which 2 Rookies would you want ROS

EDIT...sure would appreciate hearing a few more opinions. Have to have my picks in by 8:30 pm today (Saturday).
    It's just 2 Rookies...forward or D-man, doesn't matter. Thanks.

Hi guys.

Can't take Olofsson - Buffalo. Otherwise, any 2 can go on my roster. I'm not sure especially since Kakko and J. Hughes
    aren't exactly lighting it up yet.

Points only G-1 A-1. Skaters only.

Big concern here is that my Rooks get sent down after 9 games as to replace would cost me having to use one of my very valuable 6 SWAPS for the year. So need points but also someone who is going to be in NHL for the year.
    If my rook gets injured I can replace him with any other rook in NHL (except Oly) with out using one of my Swaps. If a rook is doing poorly would then have to use a SWAP to drop him and add another Rook.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on Rookies. Thanks guys. Will Rep who I can.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: From all available, Which 2 Rookies would you want ROS

The thing is the season is only a few games in and these Rookies are just getting used to the league right now for the most part so it is really hard to judge who is off to a slow start and the guys like Olofsson who are on fire. I would still think cuz I think the NHL Scouts know a heck of a lot more than me that players like Jack Hughes or Kappo Kakko would be the guys to have. As for Goalies Mac Blackwood and Elvis Merzlikins are the ones.

The Great One

How is rookie defined in your league? If Gusev counts as a rookie, I'd take him. He won't be sent down. I just don't know if your league has an age limit, like the NHL. Or if you can take any guy new to the NHL...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks als_revenge.

Sorry, should have mentioned, our Rookies are defined by NHL rules. They can be forwards or d-men. No goalies.

Here is a list of those available:

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?aggr...t=points,goals

I don't see Gusev listed.

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    How is rookie defined in your league? If Gusev counts as a rookie, I'd take him. He won't be sent down. I just don't know if your league has an age limit, like the NHL. Or if you can take any guy new to the NHL...

The Great One

Yeah, Gusev is 27 and the NHL rookie cutoff is 26. My other thought was Makar, if you need a D man. Given your rules, I kinda like going for guys that aren't 18. But with starting only 4D, you might not need him.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Yeah, Gusev is 27 and the NHL rookie cutoff is 26. My other thought was Makar, if you need a D man. Given your rules, I kinda like going for guys that aren't 18. But with starting only 4D, you might not need him.
    My 2 Rookies can be forwards, d-men, doesn't matter. Just looking for thoughts on 2 who should spend the season in the NHL AND get some points (the more the better
    LOL.)

If Makar is one of your picks?? do you have a 2nd pick as Gusev isn't rosterable? Thanks
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Sure would appreciate hearing a few more thoughts on which 2 Rookies you'd want for ROS. Forward or D-Man doesn't matter. G-1 A-1. Most points for year.
    Thanks.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Kaapo Kakko and Jack Hughes.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***