Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marner or Pastrnak?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Marner or Pastrnak?

I am in trade talks with the Pastrnak owner in my league and have offered to give up Marner. Should I do this deal or hope that Marner outscores Pastrnak this year?
    10 Team Dynasty

Forward scoring in sig pic (D premium - G +1, A +1)

Min eligibility - 164 GP skt, 82 GP g

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Ek, Nelson
    , D Strome, Hayton, Novak
    RW Kempe, Verhaege, Batherson, Buchnevich, Tippett, Barbashev, Seguin

LW B Tkachuck, Forsberg, DeBrusk, Rakell, Jeannot, McCann
    D Seider, Ekblad, Doughty, Nurse, Dobson, Weegar, Pionk, Sergachev, Roy, Forsling
    G Oettinger, Sorokin, Lindgren, Daccord
    MIN Zetterlund, But, Cuylle, Nikishin, Mukhamadullin, Morrow, Bonk, Simashev, B
    Clarke, Nadeau, Afanasyev

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Marner or Pastrnak?

I wouldn't trade Marner for Pastrnak.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf06 View Post
    I wouldn't trade Marner for Pastrnak.
    You wouldn’t even consider it? With the scoring settings in my league they finished within 5 points of each other last year. I think 489-484 in favor of pasta. I could see them both taking an even bigger leap this year.

Dobber Sports Deity

At this point its more of a personal preference. I think I'd rather own Marner but that's simply because I feel he has more trade value down the road if it ever came to that.

I assume most will say Marner simply because there's more Leafs fans here than Bruins fans.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It's very close, but I'd prefer Marner here

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by flyers94 View Post
    You wouldn’t even consider it? With the scoring settings in my league they finished within 5 points of each other last year. I think 489-484 in favor of pasta. I could see them both taking an even bigger leap this year.
    In cases like these it's very reasonable to go with the player / team you like more. They are in the same tier.

If the other GM came to you then ask for a small add (draft pick or bottom end roster upgrade) and you feel good about winning the deal.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Genius

I'll vote Pasta. In a full season I expect him to range from as good to substantially better at all your stats aside from assists and shorties (which are unpredictable anyway).
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Quote Originally Posted by flyers94 View Post
    It also the benefit of who he skates with in John Tavares. I think Tavares makes Marner even better. I don't know if I can same the same for Bergeron or Marchand to Pastrnak. Marchand may give him a little book but really they help each other. Bergeron uses those other two players to be who he is. I still would rather have Marner.

As a Leafs fan, Marner is my favorite player in the league. There's something wrong with him this season. I think the ugly contract negotiations and his bad PR is in his head. He even put out a video where he's reading a letter to Toronto fans, to try and gain some positive PR, and got hammered for how fake it all came off. Mitch has been torched on Twitter for months and he's a big social media guy and have no doubt he's been hurt by it. Marner mentioned people going after his family (mainly his dad) during negotiations really upset him. He went from Toronto's favorite son to being viewed as a me-first guy. Toronto market is brutal on players for about anything and Marner's perceived greed has changed things for him. Also, Kasperi on his line instead of Hyman has been an issue. I'm not convinced Marner is going to snap out of it but I'd wait until Hyman returns to that line (late Oct/early Nov) before I made that deal. Marner seems to have more durability than Pasta which is also a consideration.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Ace

Why even make this move? Seems like you are just trading to trade here. It’s a marginal difference between both players
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Seems like a lateral move but regardless I would take the risk on Pasta in a redraft, Marner in a keeper. Leafs have a younger core locked up.

I’d go Pasta

Dobber Sports Padawan

Pasta is my preference,
    I feel Marner's actual trade value will always be slightly inflated though because he plays in Toronto

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Basically a coin flip, pick whichever one you want.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I just left Pastrnak's 4 goals on the bench because I completely forgot that they play early today. Okay then.