Thread: What Players Would You Target In Exchange for a Package of: Olofsson and Neal

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default What Players Would You Target In Exchange for a Package of: Olofsson and Neal

I'm not a big believer in the sustainability of either Olofsson or Neal and want to try and package them together for one player. What are a couple of names you'd be looking for in return if you were offering this trade? OR...Do you simply think it'd be crazy to try and package these two for one guy?

My forwards consist of McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Stone, Petterson as my Top 5. I was thinking about guys like Laine, Aho, etc. It's a points only league. 3 for G, 2 for A, an extra point for goals and assists on the PP.

Curious what you guys think of 2-for-1 deals? I'm hoping an owner of a more established player (not that Neal isn't established) will be enticed by a double your pleasure possibility for one guy with a great floor.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: What Players Would You Target In Exchange for a Package of: Olofsson and Neal

It's a great sell high buy low for Aho. If you can swing that for him or anyone of his caliber it's an easy yes.

Others that come to mine: Stone, Larkin, Oreilly, couturier, voracek, couture, hertl, Trochek, anyone from Nashville top line or pp unit. Essentially if you can lock in a more probably 65-80 point forward and add a decent streamer you will likely be ahead. Possibly target some older forwards maybe wheeler or even Malkin if you're comfortable with injury risk and waiting.

When i try to pull a trade off like this I usually have to put out multiple lines to see if someone will bite. So classify a bunch of players in a similar 65-75 point tier and target them. Don't get hung up on one guy, the idea is to upgrade to a more sure thing and make up the difference with the waiver wire and that one or both of Neal and olofsson will come back to earth, which they almost certainly will.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Default Re: What Players Would You Target In Exchange for a Package of: Olofsson and Neal

I just don't see Neal or Oloffson being worth anywhere even lose to the names being floated by the OP...or even the first response. Maybe Hertl. But Aho? Larkin? Laine? I just don't see it, even in limited keepers where these guys aren't kept.

Think of if this way? If you didn't own Oloffsson and Neal, would you trade your Stone or Barkov or Petersson to acquire them?

Dobber Sports Sage

Agreed. They aren't worth it, but just because you and I won't trade for the hot shiny thing right now doesn't mean other GMs won't. That's why I recommended a shotgun approach.

I always used to be surprised at trades that I've seen in my leagues thinking how could you make that deal. The reality is people make bad or really bad decisions every day, fantasy is no different. There's no harm in trying, just expect it not to work and you won't be disappointed. You only need one guy in the wrong mood to look you up and it happens all the time.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Would I trade for Olofsson and Neal...sure. However, I wouldn't deal a premium piece in return. That is why I asked what would be something I could realistically pull off?

I'm new to fantasy hockey but not fantasy in general.

As a first time player, I just received my first trade offer just moments ago... I was going to start a thread about it, but I'll just confine it to here. I was offered Charlie Coyle for... Mitch Marner!!!! The guy who offered Coyle must think I'm an idiot. This is supposed to be a league for Bruins fans but I'm a Leafs fan. I'm not sure in what world of stupid he thinks I live in to even entertain such stupidity. I did write that I would do my Shattenkirk for his Auston Matthews, but decided to keep the idea that I'm stupid alive for him and erased it before sending back a note.

He has Quinn Hughes, William Nylander and Rasmus Dahlin as well as Matthews. He's not going to move Matthews, but I think I could pull one or all of those other 3. Thinking about Neal and Olofsson in some kind of package deal. I'd prefer one more great D as they're so thin on wire. I have Dumba, Weber, Barrie, Shattenkirk and Hronek. Need an upgrade there for sure in a league that starts 5 D and is points only.

If Aho rolls a donut again tonight, I'm going to try to pull him. One empty netter could have the Aho owner concerned.

I can't wait to see what the guy who offered me Coyle comes up with next. He'll probably offer me Quinn Hughes for McDavid.

Dobber Sports Genius

Tomas Hertl.

^^ Has started the year ice cold but would have been drafted light years ahead of either of your two players.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    Would I trade for Olofsson and Neal...sure. However, I wouldn't deal a premium piece in return. That is why I asked what would be something I could realistically pull off?

I'm new to fantasy hockey but not fantasy in general.

As a first time player, I just received my first trade offer just moments ago... I was going to start a thread about it, but I'll just confine it to here. I was offered Charlie Coyle for... Mitch Marner!!!! The guy who offered Coyle must think I'm an idiot. This is supposed to be a league for Bruins fans but I'm a Leafs fan. I'm not sure in what world of stupid he thinks I live in to even entertain such stupidity. I did write that I would do my Shattenkirk for his Auston Matthews, but decided to keep the idea that I'm stupid alive for him and erased it before sending back a note.

He has Quinn Hughes, William Nylander and Rasmus Dahlin as well as Matthews. He's not going to move Matthews, but I think I could pull one or all of those other 3. Thinking about Neal and Olofsson in some kind of package deal. I'd prefer one more great D as they're so thin on wire. I have Dumba, Weber, Barrie, Shattenkirk and Hronek. Need an upgrade there for sure in a league that starts 5 D and is points only.

If Aho rolls a donut again tonight, I'm going to try to pull him. One empty netter could have the Aho owner concerned.

I can't wait to see what the guy who offered me Coyle comes up with next. He'll probably offer me Quinn Hughes for McDavid.
    If he does that, you just block his emails. After you send him an insulting offer back. Do they know you are new to fantasy hockey?

I agree with Moses' idea of Hertl.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

You can try for Nylander or Q Hughes, but I think you've missed the boat on Dahlin. As mentioned above, Hertl is a more realistic target, IMO. (Although no sensible GM moves Hertl for a shiny old toy and a kid right now)

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    If he does that, you just block his emails. After you send him an insulting offer back. Do they know you are new to fantasy hockey?

I agree with Moses' idea of Hertl.
    Nobody knows who I am there. The only way they could possibly know I was new is by looking at what I've done as far as add and drops. I've been the most active of everyone in dropping an adding by a significant margin. I did drop McAvoy and Provorov and they have been snapped up by the guy trying to trade with me. He did drop McAvoy twice after and he still is out on the wire. I've also added and dropped Jake Gardiner a few times. That is the only thing that could give him the impression I'm a clown. My guys rolled to a Week 1 league wide highest point total. Perhaps, he thinks I don't know what I have.

Two votes for Hertl. I appreciate the feedback.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

I don't see players like Neal or Olofsson getting Laine or Aho in return. Maybe someone like Gostisbehere who is starting off slow but could have a much higher upside in the long run would be someone to target. I guarentee someone would trade you him for Olofsson and you just may have a 50 point defencemen by seasons end. Another guy is Kevin Labanc who everyone seems to be giving up on but could turn it around. Those are the guys I am thinking with higher ceilings.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm going to simply tell you that somebody posted getting Panarin for Neal straight up, so anything is possible.

If you find a guy with multiple players you'd like, give him a choice of whom to give up.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

I was just offered Shea Theodore and Tom Wilson for James Neal. I think I'd do Theodore 1-for-1.

Do you believe Theodore will remain top pairing and PP1 throughout the season and would you do this deal?
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***