Thread: % chance Big Buff returns this year?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default % chance Big Buff returns this year?

Hey everyone,

I have Buff sitting on the waiver wire in one of my pools and wonder what everyone thinks the chances are that he returns this season?

Although you read about how private he is, how he likes the more simple things in life (ie. loves the outdoors, fishing etc. and maybe doesn't NEED the $ of the NHL) I don't believe he's formally come out at all and said what he's thinking nor certainly not formally retired..

Has anyone added him to your bench with the hope that he turns on the TV one day and reignites the flame to play?

What do you think has to happen for him to decide one way or the other? Jets start to tank, D-men get injured (even more than now), December 1st comes as the deadline to play this year, etc.?
    2012-2013 Beermargs (Points only) CHAMP
    2013-2014 Pucks, Picks & Points (Yahoo H2H) CHAMP
    2016-2017 Beermargs (Points only) CHAMP
    2019-2020 Pucks Picks and Points (Yahoo H2H) CHAMP*

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: % chance Big Buff returns this year?

I have been wondering the same thing. I actually have a trade offered to the owner in my league.

One thing that Buff can't ignore is the $14M he will be leaving on the table. If he is truly happy and content leaving that good for him but I don't think he lets that amount of money go.

Personally I think that he is way out of shape and needs time to get into shape. Just google Dustin Byfuglien weight and you'll see some pretty crazy pictures of how much weight this man can gain in one offseason, ie 5-6 months.

With that said according to Bob McKenzie, nothing will be decided anytime soon.

I am betting he comes back, as I said I have a trade offer to snag him super super cheap.

Heres hoping.
    16 Team H2H Keeper Year 16
    Skater Points
    G2, A1, DG+1, DA+1, GWG1, HAT3, OTG1, PIM0.5, PPG1, PPA1, PenaltyShotG1, SHG2, ShootOutG1, SOG0.1, +/-1
    Goalie Points

W4, S 0.14, GA-1, OW1, ShootOutW 1, SO2
    Line-Up
    F (start 6): Connor, Svechnikov, Guentzel, , Kaprizov
    D (start 4): Q Hughes, Ekblad, DeAngelo, Makar
    G (start 1):
    8 Keepers:

16 Team Roto Keeper League:
    Cats
    G, A, +/-, PPP, HIT, SOG, D Points, W, and SV%.
    Line-Up
    3C: Barzal, Duchene, Kyrou, Couturier
    3LW: Lafreniere, Debrincat, Garland, J Robertson
    3RW: Puljujarvi, Bjorkstrand, Fiala, Reinhart, McCann
    4D: Bouchard, Cabot, Klingburg, S Jones, Byram
    2G (Max): Rask, Hellebuyck
    5 Keepers

Dobber Sports Genius

Yeah I drafted him real early in hopes that he gets over whatever he is suffering from.
    He’s too good not to take a chance on. Now that the jets are flying with lots of goals, he may realize that they won’t be as horrible as once thought after losing trouba, Myers, chirrot.
    I’m giving him until at least Xmas or I trade him.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by dunkthefunk View Post
    Hey everyone,

I have Buff sitting on the waiver wire in one of my pools and wonder what everyone thinks the chances are that he returns this season?

Although you read about how private he is, how he likes the more simple things in life (ie. loves the outdoors, fishing etc. and maybe doesn't NEED the $ of the NHL) I don't believe he's formally come out at all and said what he's thinking nor certainly not formally retired..

Has anyone added him to your bench with the hope that he turns on the TV one day and reignites the flame to play?

What do you think has to happen for him to decide one way or the other? Jets start to tank, D-men get injured (even more than now), December 1st comes as the deadline to play this year, etc.?
    I believe he has a bad ankle and if that doesn't improve I doubt he returns. However, I would say the odds he returns are greater than they were in the summer. Forget where I heard it but he apparently was ready to retire but the Jets talked him out of making that decision finally...so I guess he's thinking about it. I would say it's less than 50% he returns, but there still seems to be a chance.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

I'll say 25% chance he returns. 50/50 on his health, and then another 50/50 on his desire. Both have to be a yes.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)