Thread: Yandle + for Provorov +

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Yandle + for Provorov +

Points only keeper league. Not the one in my sig.

1pt for G and A. Goalies get 2pt for a win, 1pt for a shutout, 1pt for a OT loss.

Full trade offer is my Provorov and Saros

For

Yandle, Raanta, Duncan Keith and Filip Gustavsson.

I dont have to drop anyone during the year to make room. I dont care about Keith and he'll probably be a drop at seasons end but he offers some depth.

I realize Yandle is a pretty good upgrade in a points only league to Provorov but I'm more concerned with Raanta. Guy cant stay healthy to save his life and clearly the Yotes know this as well considering the contract they gave Kuemper. Saros is patiently waiting for Rinne to leave.

Is the difference in goalies worth the difference in D? I'm not excited about pulling the trigger here. My other goalies are Dubnyk and Lehner and only two count at the end of the year for total points.

For the record, this is a money league that I came in 2nd last year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Yandle + for Provorov +

Here is the way I see this trade. Just like you Raanta scares me a lot cuz of injuries. Yandle skating on the 3rd pair also scares me as the scoring opportunity will it be there as much. I still see Saros getting 30 starts and because of the team he is on a good chance of winning more than 50% of them. Provorov is a Top Pair defencemen. Duncan Keith is no where the same as he use to be. He will be lucky to get 40 points. I think Provorov is the key and do you think he will get back to at least 40 points or maybe even improve on that. If it was me I would bank on an improvement from Provorov and stick with Saros.

Dobber Sports Stud

My only question to add for you: Saros “patiently waiting...”. No one patiently waits if they’re the better player. Is he just LESS than you’re valuing him?
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Deity

Are you asking if I'm overvaluing Saros?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Exactly. “Stars” emerge regardless of who is ahead of them. He hasn’t. Unproven. The team he plays for might be enough, but we don’t know that yet.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Exactly. “Stars” emerge regardless of who is ahead of them. He hasn’t. Unproven. The team he plays for might be enough, but we don’t know that yet.
    So what is your thoughts on the trade then? I Jay be overvaluing Saros, but am I undervaluing Raanta? Is Saros simply buried behind a better goalie and that's why he hasn't emerged yet?

Dobber Sports Star

History is littered with older, heroic players who were given preferential playing time over younger challengers for emotional reasons not necessarily linked to performance. It's entirely possible that Rinne is beloved by Nashville's management and fans and the desire to "win a cup for Pekka" secures his starting job. Saros' not having taken the job might be a result, in part, of it not being available. Rodgers had to wait years for Favre to leave before he was allowed to start. Mantle had to wait for DiMaggio to retire. It is not the universal case that a younger player will always be given a starting job. Extenuating here is that Rinne hasn't been bad. Normally you need the younger upstart to clearly demonstrate a vast difference in performance to supplant the aged hero. Rinne's been good enough so that Nashville hasn't had to ask itself if it is Saros time.

The other thing that follows is that even if Nashville is preferring Rinne, that fact alone does not mean that Saros is bad. I don't think that that is a supportable conclusion.

As to the trade, I liked Raanta better when Arizona brought in seemingly capable defensemen to shore up the D. But now guys like Hjallmarsson look like complete busts, so the hope of a good D in Arizona is looking less likely. That and Raanta's propensity for injury, along with Kuemper's seeming equality with Raanta all points to Raanta being the kind of guy you'd want to deal away.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think that if you are counting points at the end of the year in a format where you count only the best scorers, I'd make the deal.

Saros & Raanta will probably get around the same number of starts, given Raanta is behind already , and Kuemper may be taking that 1A job.

Yandle is likely to outscore Provorov, and you add a couple more players who could crack your best # at the position to insure against injuries.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I think Yandle should outscore Provorov by a fair margin. That is the decider for me.

Saros and Raanta pretty close to a wash imo.

The other pieces are just insurance in case of injuries.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Deity

Thanks for the replies so far. Most seem to think Raanta and Saros is a wash. That's my dilemma. Trying to figure the difference between them, especially in a keeper.

Dobber Sports Superstar

take Yandle's ironman run into account to counter Raanta's health scares, he is worth the trade plus the depth Keith provides
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov