Thread: Three Ziba sell highs

The Great One

Default Three Ziba sell highs

So first off- DONT PANIC- I know what I have in Ziba and I am well aware hes likely taking a step forward this year. I just feel like its closer to82 than 102 and the irony even if it is 102 itll be off the back of 8 points in 2 games which I already got credit for- lol!

League:
    Daily changes- weekly hth format. Keep 10- Keep 12 then cut 2 to get to 10 before the draft
    Sog and goal weighted- G4, A3, Sog/Pim0.5, PPP/GWG+1

My Roster:
    F- Malkin, Tavares, Ziba, Forsberg, Evander, Skinner, Meier, Keller, Stepan
    D- Burns, Ghost, Faulk, Nurse,
    G- Vasy
    Bn- Gibson, Olofsson, Texier, Bjorkstrand

Trade One

Ziba, Ghost, Nurse
    For
    Dahlin, Eichel

Premise: There are some intriguing waiver adds especially on D. Could add Colin Miller or Girard if I want to go young. Eichel is an upgrade long term and having Dahlin and Burns as a one-two keeper punch sounds mighty fine.

Ziba, Texier, Nurse
    For
    Laine, EK, Kadri

Premsie: I havent actually offered this yet but the thinking is Laine requires an overpay and nows about the only time he'll likely be available. Im also a big fan of landing Burns and EK. I think Kadri is due for a big bounceback (obvy) and would be a solid replacement over one year.

Trade 3

Ziba, Nurse, Bjorkstrand
    For
    Aho, Hamilton, Gusev

Premise: Lifted directly from Keeping Karlsso- lmao!! The idea is to move Ziba for a struggling Aho and add a moderate "plus" to make it worthwhile. Im a big time Hamilton fan and worried I should maybe offer Ghost here instead to make it more enticing. I also own Gusev in mostleagues and am a fan as hes underperforming currently and I think hes about to go essplodey!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Three Ziba sell highs

Ok with trade 1 , not a fan of trade 2 and would like trade 3 a lot better if you gave up ghost over nurse. Eichel is the only upgrade to zibby imo maybe Aho but that is close

Dobber Sports Sage

Trade one quite easily for me. You get the best forward and the best defender. Both are young with their best ahead of them. Plus there's decent waiver wire options. I like it alot.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't think you would be able to get #2 to happen. Just not enough going towards the other GM.
    If you can pull off #1 I like it the most, but I would also do #3.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by mjm44 View Post
    Ok with trade 1 , not a fan of trade 2 and would like trade 3 a lot better if you gave up ghost over nurse. Eichel is the only upgrade to zibby imo maybe Aho but that is close
    You prefer Nurse to Ghost?? Im more of a Ghost fan- herm...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I don't think you would be able to get #2 to happen. Just not enough going towards the other GM.
    If you can pull off #1 I like it the most, but I would also do #3.
    Could I upgrade Texier to a more proven commodity like Bjorkstrand? At least further in his development. Id say Stepan but people arent woke on him yet. Did I use that right? My kids would be so proud!! Also could upgrade Nurse to Ghost (which apparently might not be an upgrade??).

So:

Ziba, Bjorkstrand, Ghost
    For
    Laine, Kadri, EK

a case could be made for ghost over Nurse, im just not a believer in Ghost personally. I like Nurse for the all around game he brings. Laine I think is overvalued by name to what he provides, EK is a risk, the guy is great for sure but hasn't been his true self lately , I could see him coming back but nagging injuries scare me. Like Bergeron who is an absolute stud when he plays, but you know he is going to miss some time. I like Zibby a lot and his situation, but Eichel is more of a guarantee that is why I like trade 1. Aho I am a fan of but I think him and zibby are close.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by mjm44 View Post
    a case could be made for ghost over Nurse, im just not a believer in Ghost personally. I like Nurse for the all around game he brings. Laine I think is overvalued by name to what he provides, EK is a risk, the guy is great for sure but hasn't been his true self lately , I could see him coming back but nagging injuries scare me. Like Bergeron who is an absolute stud when he plays, but you know he is going to miss some time. I like Zibby a lot and his situation, but Eichel is more of a guarantee that is why I like trade 1. Aho I am a fan of but I think him and zibby are close.
    I agree about Aho and Ziba might even win the battle this year- but in any given year i think they project in roughly the same tier. You have to believe in the other two upgrades- which I do. Hamilton is divisive but I think this is the year it finally happens. Theyre going to let a museum goer sit at the front of the powerplay :P Anyways brutally inappropriate jokesd aside I think he finally gets a shot on pp1 consistently and shows fantasy owners what many of us have already known for a while hes a sog voluming (yes its a verb), goal scoring, son of a birch! Hes a gamble still because he always seems to be- but Im a believer. Im also less reticent than most on gusev. I think his PNHLe trnslates closer to Panarin than dadonov (and honestly Dadonov would be a fine return- lol!)

I think most agree Trade 1 is a lock.

Brings us to trade 3- what do you think of the updated version?

Ziba, Faulk, Bjorkstrand
    For
    Laine, EK, Kadri

Im a Laine fan. Im not sure it happens in Winnipeg but Im getting vibes very reminiscent of Boston and Seguin. I feel like he'll make a stand against Wheeler/Scheif (because from what i gather depending what side of the room youre on theyre either fantastic role models/or overbearing and invasive- lol! I think he might force a trade but even if youre the architect of a move like that it can still be a wake up call of sorts. I feel like with seguin- the talents there, the message will get through and between pride and wanting to make a good impression on either a new team or on the dmeanding team hes currnetly on- he'll step up and out and be the AO-lite we all thought he could be. I feel like we'll lose half a season which will count towards modest totals- but a big second half followed by several years of elite level line.

Long story somehwat shorter? i could take a hit this year- but it should start to level out in the second half (when i need him for playoffs)- and going forward he'll be a legit top shelf keeper. I think EK will be a beast when healthy. Lovin those soggies already this season- think he breaks 4-5 hundred fairly easily...

Dobber Sports Wizard

im going to guess other GM(s) will not bite on any of thees..but all 3 would be good...i would rank them #1, #3, #2 in terms of return you get.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Jedi

this one:

Ziba, Ghost, Nurse
    For
    Dahlin, Eichel
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

I love trade 1 and if you pick up Girard it is a win/win.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Really like Trade 1 for you. Get Dahlin now while you can because he’ll be unobtainable soon

The Great One

So I havent offered 2 and Im having a hard time tweaking it to where Im happy with it- so I might just skip that offer.

1 and 3 are offered. I think offer 3 is a hard sell. I dont know- I feel like offer one has a lot of merit...