Thread: Speculative pickup in deep, deep leagues

The Great One

Default Speculative pickup in deep, deep leagues

Mackenzie weegar.

Lol- thats off the board! I like to sort players by sogs and he popped right off the page early on. Hes only got a 4.5 rating on dobberhockey but I wonder how much of that has to do with Floridas depth of offensive blueliners?? Hes known to have a cannon though AND hes already in the coaches good books moving from 3rd pair to second where he gets the offensive nod while Strahlman holds down the fort. Im thinking of guys that came out of absolutely nowhere. A sog heavy 25ish works in my league thats why I bring him up- if your league is that deep- id say hes at least looking at.

more than a recomndation Id love to hear any feedback on the guy. Ill dig through some other sources and report back to my people- nation of Bobber!!! I mean err... ummm... dobber!!!

Administrator

Default Re: Speculative pickup in deep, deep leagues

I think what we saw last year is what he is. Lower upside, 3rd pairing guy with no PP time. Good for deep multi-cat. I doubt his current shot rate continues.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In a deep deep league I say why not. You may get a diamond in the rough. Go for it.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I think what we saw last year is what he is. Lower upside, 3rd pairing guy with no PP time. Good for deep multi-cat. I doubt his current shot rate continues.
    Youre probably right- just saying hes got offensive traits and the qualities he does have you like to hear (from dobberprospects)- "offensive-mided" with"very good hockey IQ" and "a good shot from the blueline. From CBSsports- " Weegar already has more responsibility under new head coach Joel Quenneville, shifting from the bottom pair to the second pair with Anton Stralman."

Hes also small. So between being small and drafted when that was even more divisive for dmen and being on a teamloaded with offensive dmen (and highly pedigreed ones at that!)- i just wonder if he got lost in the shuffle. Im just saying its at least a possibility- lol! Im in a very deep league- and like I said if he can even add 10 points to the 15 from last year and aim towards 1 1/2 to 2 sogs per game- hes got value in 2 out of my 3 leagues- lol! Im also reccomending him in deep leagues- it just seems like every year theres a dman that comes out of nowhere- maybe thie year its... wait for it... Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... gar!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf06 View Post
    In a deep deep league I say why not. You may get a diamond in the rough. Go for it.
    Weegar, wee we, Gar gar garwe- weeeeeegar!

The Great One

https://youtu.be/tJJrmONOhc0 not sure about the policy for posting youtube videos but this is one of the better weegar moments...

The Great One

https://youtu.be/RtZ4XpsUNic

So hes got skills! Lol- impressive for a dman to show that patience- especially one whose known as a dangerous shooter. I did some digging on HFboards and people who see him live/live in Florida say Tallon used to pump his tires a lot prior to his debut and that hes one of these guys that just keeps on improving. he hasnt taken any side steps, back steps or any lengthy breaks in his development- seems to be on a steady upward trajectory.

i want to re-iterate- hes probably just a 20ish point defender right now but what people absolutely have to keep in mind is that...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... gar.

Administrator

OK we get it

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Ok wee... gar it? Im not sure what you mean- gar what?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't think he's a speculative pickup this year. I kept him going into the year in a very deep (900 players rostered) 12 team multi-cat cap league. Yes, you read that right.

I think this year he is a 25 point guy with good grit peripherals, especially PIM. Considering that plays well in my league, particularly on his cheap cap number, he's a nice piece.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    OK we get it
    Just having some fun yesterday. One piece of unsolicited advice (which everyone loves :P)- if something on the internet bugs you its probably best not to let it be known- lol!! Im not a troll (at all) and enjoy your contributions and the discourses weve had so Im dropping it (was going to anyways)- but if there were trolls lurking around letting it know that bugged you would just be Wee for their gar :P Ok that was the last one. It really is less funny today- lol! you had to be there- when a cute girls reading your fantasy hockey posts and giggling- maybe you get carried away a bit :P. Anyways have a gooder duder!!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I don't think he's a speculative pickup this year. I kept him going into the year in a very deep (900 players rostered) 12 team multi-cat cap league. Yes, you read that right.

I think this year he is a 25 point guy with good grit peripherals, especially PIM. Considering that plays well in my league, particularly on his cheap cap number, he's a nice piece.
    To the first point: Wow. Thats it- just wow.

To the second- thats what Im talking bout Willis!! (It was so hard not to type Mackenzies last name there). If he can actually manage that line he plays in a lot of formats. On top of that if hes safe for 25- then from there hes an injury, powerplay shuffling- away from 30-35 points which plays in a shton of formats! I think he just has so much "camouflage" to keep the hype (can you call it hype? How about general knowledge)- to keep the general knowledge of him down. Hes undersized, hes buried on the teams depth chart, hes paid a modest contract, hes a likely a late bloomer, and his development has happened very slowly/organically so without a big "statement" game/series/season his gains into being a pro and then maybe even an offensively inclined pro whose earned the coaches trust- have happened under the radar. In years past id pass on him all the way thinking we would have heard of him if he had any modicum of upside. In this year I gambled on him twice and like I said 25 is fine, 30 would be money in the bank and 35 (unlikely BUT attainable!!) would be an ansolute homerun!!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

2 points today, and I think he's now on the first pair with Ekblad.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    2 points today, and I think he's now on the first pair with Ekblad.
    I wasnt going to come and post that- I swear!! Lol- glad you did though

Had a bid in for Mike Green who got dropped- which would mean Id have to drop Weegar- I just withdrew it- woot woot!