Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Schneider vs Philly

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Schneider vs Philly

Got a little jitters about this start. Currently last in GAA right now due to a couple of rough starts so I'd like to avoid a few.. How's everyone seeing this game playing out?
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Keep 13-15 (Auction Draft)
    Start - 4C, 4 LW, 3RW, 6 D, 2G
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

C - Chytil, Geekie, Pageau, Rasmussen, Drury
    LW - Macelli, Hoglander, Greig, Knies
    RW - Joseph, Barabanov, Tuch, Tippet, O'Connor
    D - Harley, Vlasic, Moser, Perunovich, Liljegren, Boqvist
    G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System
    G, A, +-, PIM's, GAA, Sv%

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Schneider vs Philly

There are two contradicting stories that could play into it big time..

1) Its the Flyers home-opener... and I try to avoid picking against teams in their home opener.

2) The Flyers played overseas on Friday and had a long plane ride home and have only played 1 game... so will they have their ' game legs'

My biased opinion is the Flyers will win big in their home opener... but like I said I am biased!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Schneider is on my team too and yep I am nervous to. Here is why I think the game will be a close one. Schneider is well rested since the last game was played by Blackwood. I also think the coach got on the Devils defence for that last game of 7 goals so some things have been changed. Don't know if the Devils will get the win on the road and it being a home opener in Philly but it won't be a blowout.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Right handed shot View Post
    Got a little jitters about this start. Currently last in GAA right now due to a couple of rough starts so I'd like to avoid a few.. How's everyone seeing this game playing out?
    I'm so confused by everything in this post. Last by what measure? His GAA is 20th, which is not necessarily good but it certainly isn't last. Among "starter's" he would be 14th. Couple rough starts? He's played 2 periods + a bit and gave up 2 goals. He left the game due to cramping and not performance. If you were comfortable starting him in this game prior to the start of the season then there isn't any new information to change that. If you weren't, same.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I'm so confused by everything in this post. Last by what measure? His GAA is 20th, which is not necessarily good but it certainly isn't last. Among "starter's" he would be 14th. Couple rough starts? He's played 2 periods + a bit and gave up 2 goals. He left the game due to cramping and not performance. If you were comfortable starting him in this game prior to the start of the season then there isn't any new information to change that. If you weren't, same.
    I think they are referring to their fantasy team being last in GAA.. and their fantasy team has had a couple rough starts...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

Not Schneider’s GAA. My GAA combined. I’m talking about all of my goaltending and what they’ve collectively done so far. I’m last place in GAA. I’ve gotten a rough few starts including two bombs from Saros and Elvis Who has since then left the building.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I think they are referring to their fantasy team being last in GAA.. and their fantasy team has had a couple rough starts...

Yes! I know you’re a Philly fan and biased lol,but I don’t think you’re far off here with Philly winning big tonight. I think it may be tighter then we think, but Jersey is not on point, not yet anyway. I don’t think tonight is the night that they start either. Might be a tight game but I can’t afford four or more goals going in right now. Although it’s early, I’m in last place in that category as it is.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf06 View Post
    Schneider is on my team too and yep I am nervous to. Here is why I think the game will be a close one. Schneider is well rested since the last game was played by Blackwood. I also think the coach got on the Devils defence for that last game of 7 goals so some things have been changed. Don't know if the Devils will get the win on the road and it being a home opener in Philly but it won't be a blowout.
    More or less I agree with this. Score prediction? Anything under four goals against is tolerable.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Start Schneider.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Start Schneider.
    Said with conviction! Head2head has this lopsided in Philly's favor.. Not that they're the word of God but it's not uplifting. Even against a home opener?
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Keep 13-15 (Auction Draft)
    Start - 4C, 4 LW, 3RW, 6 D, 2G
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

C - Chytil, Geekie, Pageau, Rasmussen, Drury
    LW - Macelli, Hoglander, Greig, Knies
    RW - Joseph, Barabanov, Tuch, Tippet, O'Connor
    D - Harley, Vlasic, Moser, Perunovich, Liljegren, Boqvist
    G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System
    G, A, +-, PIM's, GAA, Sv%

Dobber Sports Immortal

Said with conviction! Head2head has this lopsided in Philly's favor.. Not that they're the word of God but it's not uplifting. Even against a home opener?
    Yes. It's 7 days into a roto league. A win will help you more than 4 goals against will hurt you.

More or less I agree with this. Score prediction? Anything under four goals against is tolerable.
    I think that is definitely possible. I would start him.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Yes. It's 7 days into a roto league. A win will help you more than 4 goals against will hurt you.
    True. Hopefully it’s not more than four

Well Schneider was right at 4 goals allowed and the Devils couldn’t light the lamp at all.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I wouldn’t start Schneider tonight.