Thread: Mrazek

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Mrazek

Mrazek was dropped in our league and is now on the Waiver Wire. I have last pick in the Waiver Order so would not impact me to put in a waiver pick-up.

I would need to drop a Goalie. Would you drop either Saros or Samsonov to try and get Mrazek?
    Scooter
    -------------------------------------------------
    C - Hughes (C/LW), Mackinnon (C), Ek (C),
    LW - Stutzle (LW), Raymond (LW/RW), Joshua (C/LW)
    RW - Rantanen (RW), Giouroux (C/RW). Bjorkstrand (RW), Mantha (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Makar, Seider, L Hughes, Matheson, Faber
    G - Saros, Levi, Luukkonen
    IR -
    12 team league - 19 on Roster (+4 IR)
    8 keepers, 5 bench, Weekly H2H league,
    11 cat's G,A,PPP,+/-,SOG,PIM,GWG,Hits & W,SV%,GAA
    2 Start at C, LW,RW and G and 4 D.
    55 Moves Regular Season (re-set to 8 for Play-Offs)
    Daily Line-Up Changes[/SIZE][/FONT]

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Mrazek

I would drop Samsonov for Mrazek.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would drop Saros for Mrazek.

Rinne is and will be the #1 for NAS all year.

Holtby... IDK... this might be the end.
    He IS in the final year of his contract with WAS.
    Best way for WAS to have a shot at another cup is to get Samsonov some experience this year (why they have him playing)... and then use his discounted salary ($925k) to create cap space to add a big name player next year and/or re-sign Nicklas Backstrom (WHO, is also, in the final year of his contract).
    Samsonov is a MUST HOLD in keeper leagues (if this is) because he could be a 65gp starter next year for WAS if Holtby is left to go to UFA market.
    [It wouldn't surprise me to see Holtby consider signing with either EDM or CGY in 2020. His wife is Canadian, he grew up in Saskatchewan, and his kids will be 8 (b.2012) and 6 (b.2014). There's a point where NHL players, especially those with both a CUP and good earnings $$$ think about heading to a place with a better support network for them. They've been in Washington for a LONG time, so they may have roots there now... but if they have very close family and/or friends back in Canada... they might want to head back there for their kids futures]

Dobber Sports All-Star

Tough one. I would drop Samsonov. Both he and Saros will not get the starting gig unless Rinne/Holtby get injured. Mrazek is the starter for the Canes as of today.

The Great One

I'd drop Saros for Mrazek
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by IngeTheHammerStrom View Post
    Mrazek was dropped in our league and is now on the Waiver Wire. I have last pick in the Waiver Order so would not impact me to put in a waiver pick-up.

I would need to drop a Goalie. Would you drop either Saros or Samsonov to try and get Mrazek?
    This is a really tough choice. It is clear that while Mzarek is the starter, Reimer can easily get back to back games (started 2 in a row and has started 2 of the 3 games this year). If Reimer gets on a hot streak, Mzarek could sit for stretches.

On the other hand, Saros and Samsonov are both clearly backups. Samsonov might be the goalie of the future for the Caps and the team needs to figure that out pretty quickly since they need to decide whether to resign Holtby or even trade him if Samsonov is lights out.

Saros is likely to get more work as a backup than some backups because he is so good and because Rinne is aging.

I am really not sure where to go with this. One option might be to drop both Saros and Samsonov to get both Reimer and Mzarek. It would be more a statement that Carolina has a good defensive system and a good defensive hockey team so you would get 82 starts with keepers on a good --> great team. I doubt that you would get more starts keeping Saros and Samsonov. The problem is that since you are weekly, you might not be able to leverage all the 82 starts and you might just get the starters wrong for a week.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Keeper League? You drop Saros for Mrazek.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks - yes it is a keep 8 and unless Saros becomes the clear starter for next year I would not be keeping him. We need 3 start each week, so I have Grubauer and 2 yong back-ups on good teams. This will get me my 3 starts, and also allow me to potentially keep 1 of Saros or Samsonov next year. Having Mrazek on a strong Carolina team would allow me to be more selective on starts and not stress about getting 3 starts in.

From the boards it appears that Samsonov "May" get a chance to be the starter prior to Saros (barring an injury to Rinne).

I will put out an offer to the Rinne owner to see if he wants Saros to upgrade a forward position. Will need to ensure I get Mrazek prior to doing this, so may need to drop a forward to make room for Mrazek and then trade Saros for a forward. Hope no one from my league is reading this post
    Scooter
    C - Hughes (C/LW), Mackinnon (C), Ek (C),
    LW - Stutzle (LW), Raymond (LW/RW), Joshua (C/LW)
    RW - Rantanen (RW), Giouroux (C/RW). Bjorkstrand (RW), Mantha (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Makar, Seider, L Hughes, Matheson, Faber
    G - Saros, Levi, Luukkonen
    IR -
    12 team league - 19 on Roster (+4 IR)
    8 keepers, 5 bench, Weekly H2H league,
    11 cat's G,A,PPP,+/-,SOG,PIM,GWG,Hits & W,SV%,GAA
    2 Start at C, LW,RW and G and 4 D.
    55 Moves Regular Season (re-set to 8 for Play-Offs)
    Daily Line-Up Changes[/SIZE][/FONT]