Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Canadian Election

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Let's say their is a climate crisis, do you think Canada is the biggest offender? Lets revisit this issue when China, India and Russia get on board. For now we should be maximizing our resources so we can make our country rock solid from an infrastructure and a prosperity point of view, so when we do need to address the climate issue and our contribution, were on solid footing.

I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can vote for the Liberals after what Trudeau's first term has looked like, despite the hypocrisy and blatant lies he will still probably get in. It's sad. Then the other options like the Green Party who are more popular then ever are just loony toons. It's really easy for people to spew out show extreme rhetoric when they are set financially or do not have family to raise.

Reminds of Leo complaining about the Oil Sands then meeting up with the rest of his climate activist celebrities on their mega yachts. or Prince Harry having eco anxiety then flying on a plane three times a week. Give me a break.
    Wow, this makes me sad. Do you realize which country in the world is set up to most easily limit their carbon emissions? Yes, Canada. Oh and it’s not even close. Russia has more trees than we do, but they also have 4 times the population. We are set up to be the easiest country to achieve carbon emission control, and people somehow think that all we need to do, is have each country in the world aim to be net zero. How horribly irresponsible...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Your future will be just fine. Before you were born, another lefty fear mongering left made a movie and basically said much of Florida would be under water by now. Hmmmm.
    Do you your own research from credible, non-biased sources.
    Keep your mind open and you'll realize how often you're being manipulated.
    So what is a non-biased source? Is it a source that you agree with? All I know is I hear many Scientists who are much smarter than myself have come up with very details models that this is real and something has to be done about it or my life when I am older is gonna be crap or not at all. Then I hear peers not much older than me like Greta Thunberg speak out about it and many people and leaders are listening to her. It is something not to blow off. The other things you mentioned are important to but I also think taking care of our planet is pretty important to cuz I hope to live on it for a long time.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Basically, there is plenty of evidence against your fear mongering....
    For example...
    https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/there...nited-nations/
    As yes, Friends of Science. I'll simply state that I would encourage you to dig more deeply into this particular non-profit, and those involved. They struggle with basic things like 'peer review', among other things.

But this is exactly the problem. People equate a group like this with the high quality work that is actually going on right now in climate science, and think that there is some sort of debate on these issues. There really, truly, is not. In many ways it's not your fault, since we as a society have clearly failed to help teach critical thinking skills. Combine that with humanity's default position as highly emotional creatures that just suck at critical thinking even among the very best, and we're in a tough situation.

Young people today are not going to give up this fight though, so as angry as you might be about this, it's only going to get louder and more annoying for you.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Wow, this makes me sad. Do you realize which country in the world is set up to most easily limit their carbon emissions? Yes, Canada. Oh and it’s not even close. Russia has more trees than we do, but they also have 4 times the population. We are set up to be the easiest country to achieve carbon emission control, and people somehow think that all we need to do, is have each country in the world aim to be net zero. How horribly irresponsible...

Rylant
    https://www.epa.gov/ghgemissions/glo...emissions-data

https://www.wri.org/blog/2017/04/int...theyve-changed

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-envir...hina-emissions

Hmm... so we don't apply the old 80/20 rule here? With the majority of the pollution in the world is being contributed by a small amount of countries (not people but I will get to that in a minute). Sure your right that we can do something about it but it being a global issue we would just be spinning our wheels. Now on to the topic of population, we have a vast country with a small population. Then you got countries like China that have a similar land mass but what? They have 1,433,783,686 people to our 37,411,047. Almost 50 times are population. If your looking at just contribution and burden of resources population is the biggest factor. Sure transportation might be the biggest sector or emissions from our food consumption but this is because more people = more consumption. Now I could see you arguing that a lot of these people are living well below the average Canadians means thus contributing less overall emissions. True but even if we consume 5 times more then the average were still contributing far less. But no one want's to say anything like that because it's easier to concentrate on the how instead of the why.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    https://www.epa.gov/ghgemissions/glo...emissions-data

https://www.wri.org/blog/2017/04/int...theyve-changed

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-envir...hina-emissions

Hmm... so we don't apply the old 80/20 rule here? With the majority of the pollution in the world is being contributed by a small amount of countries (not people but I will get to that in a minute). Sure your right that we can do something about it but it being a global issue we would just be spinning our wheels. Now on to the topic of population, we have a vast country with a small population. Then you got countries like China that have a similar land mass but what? They have 1,433,783,686 people to our 37,411,047. Almost 50 times are population. If your looking at just contribution and burden of resources population is the biggest factor. Sure transportation might be the biggest sector or emissions from our food consumption but this is because more people = more consumption. Now I could see you arguing that a lot of these people are living well below the average Canadians means thus contribution less overall emissions. True but even if we could consume 5 times more then the average were still contributing far less. But no one want's to say anything like that because it's easier to concentrate on the how instead of the why.
    The thing is China actually is doing a bunch of things on this front, and yes they have a lot more they can do, but this is a global problem that is going to take global cooperation to get it done. Opting out is no longer an excuse.

Dobber Sports Star

I need to ask the climate change deniers; what would motivate basically the entire science community to lie about climate change? It doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to figure out why the oil industry would fund climate change denial, but what does the science community gain from standing on the other side?

Rylant

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    As yes, Friends of Science. I'll simply state that I would encourage you to dig more deeply into this particular non-profit, and those involved. They struggle with basic things like 'peer review', among other things.

But this is exactly the problem. People equate a group like this with the high quality work that is actually going on right now in climate science, and think that there is some sort of debate on these issues. There really, truly, is not. In many ways it's not your fault, since we as a society have clearly failed to help teach critical thinking skills. Combine that with humanity's default position as highly emotional creatures that just suck at critical thinking even among the very best, and we're in a tough situation.

Young people today are not going to give up this fight though, so as angry as you might be about this, it's only going to get louder and more annoying for you.
    You see that is exactly what people want. They want the young people to shut up or they just ignore them just cuz they feel like they don't know what is right. Kind of what I expect with my posts on this thread. They most likely come across as meaningless and silly cuz they are coming from a 13 year old kid. The thing is in 5 to 10 years this 13 year old kid is gonna be making those decision that count for our country and our future and I know I want my future to be the best it can be for me. I know one thing I don't want some arrogant guy running the country who seems it more important to sling mud at its opponent than what is important for the people. That actually goes for the main two candidates really and sadly I know one of those two are most likely gonna win.

Dobber Sports Genius

I need to ask the climate change deniers; what would motivate basically the entire science community to lie about climate change? It doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to figure out why the oil industry would fund climate change denial, but what does the science community gain from standing on the other side?

Rylant
    Then we should be marching at the door steps of the country's that are the biggest offenders and demanding they do something immediately. As what in 10, 15 years theirs no turning back? If we ant to be a big enough player on the global stage we need to push to be leaders in the major fields, like technology, renewable resources and yes I am sorry for a little more clout at the big table military/defense. How do we do that? by using our abundance of resources in areas like Oil & Gas to build our control into legitimate powerhouse. We could support all the left wing ideology if we had the resources to do so, like free education for all so we can grow the minds of the future. But I am sorry the money for that does not come from thin air. Look how far the liberals have put us into debt and how much further they will go and were not leading anything globally. You have eastern Canada and specifically Quebec stopping pipelines and calling down Oil and Gas yet taking who equalization payments from the west. What hypocrisy is that? How many times have Bombardier been bailed out. SNC Lavalin is having government involvement to keep them competitive. Imagine if we just concentrated on being the best with the resources we had? and used those resources to build the future. I am sorry to the Green part but it's unrealistic to have no internal combustion engines by 2030.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf06 View Post
    You see that is exactly what people want. They want the young people to shut up or they just ignore them just cuz they feel like they don't know what is right. Kind of what I expect with my posts on this thread. They most likely come across as meaningless and silly cuz they are coming from a 13 year old kid. The thing is in 5 to 10 years this 13 year old kid is gonna be making those decision that count for our country and our future and I know I want my future to be the best it can be for me. I know one thing I don't want some arrogant guy running the country who seems it more important to sling mud at its opponent than what is important for the people. That actually goes for the main two candidates really and sadly I know one of those two are most likely gonna win.
    Buddy... you are way to young to be worrying about politics... go outside and play a game of back yard puck... grab some buddies and get into some trouble...enjoy your freedom as a kid!!

Leave the politics and worrying for when you are older and it is your duty. Your duty right now... to enjoy life! You are not old enough to drive so you are not contributing to climate change at all... so enjoy life buddy!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Buddy... you are way to young to be worrying about politics... go outside and play a game of back yard puck... grab some buddies and get into some trouble...enjoy your freedom as a kid!!

Leave the politics and worrying for when you are older and it is your duty. Your duty right now... to enjoy life! You are not old enough to drive so you are not contributing to climate change at all... so enjoy life buddy!
    You are right. I have Government in school and we talk about stuff like this sometimes and especially the election stuff we are having a class election. The thing with Climate Change is it it my future.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post

Yawn, typical left tactic. Try to smear the evidence presented as not credible but don't provide any real evidence to support that stance.
    And then try to antagonize.
    Right from Hillary's playbook. Well done. ;-)

Here's another link btw. Show me where the word "crisis" or "emergency" is written in here... https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
    And yet you want to cripple economies with policies based on an emergency that is non-existent?!?! To steal a phrase from Mr. Rylant... How horribly irresponsible.

Rylant
    Why should we believe it if our world leaders don't believe it? If it was truly an issue they would stop flying everywhere to smooze other countries... they would do it via conference call. If it was truly an issue our tax dollars should not be used to fly a PM or President anywhere... How much emissions are there from one flight over seas? And then back again....

When they beg us for our vote because of fear of climate change... and then they fly everywhere for every little thing... it makes it appear like its really not as big of issue...actions speak louder than words and scientific tests...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf06 View Post
    You are right. I have Government in school and we talk about stuff like this sometimes and especially the election stuff we are having a class election. The thing with Climate Change is it it my future.
    you are doing all you can by not contributing any emissions... so like I said... go and play some hockey in your back yard and don't waste your time on the computer as a 13 year old or you will end up old and grumpy and arguing about some other issue at an age much younger than you should!

​​

Dobber Sports Padawan

Rylant
    You know another thing that is horribly irresponsible? Misrepresenting positions of others to try to discredit them. Playing the straw man game. Again and again and again. Who in here has claimed to be a climate change denier ?

Administrator

You know another thing that is horribly irresponsible? Misrepresenting positions of others to try to discredit them. Playing the straw man game. Again and again and again. Who in here has claimed to be a climate change denier ?
    It's a label. It can be tossed around without giving any thought. People like easy.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust