Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Canadian Election

I just think its unbelievable with all that has gone on with Trudeau that he got in for a 2nd term. It just shows people don't value things like integrity and competence are just not that important to masses when selecting a leader. On a side note I think it's ridicules that you can win the popular vote and not the election. Isn't that more of a representation of the country then individual ridings?

"The Alberta riding of Grande Prairie—Mackenzie has a population of 117K. Voters there get one MP. Population of PEI: 144K. They get 4 MPs. U think Maritimers are hard done by? Tell that to voters in GP-M. Their vote is worth ⅓ to ½ of 1 vote in many Maritime provinces."
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    The guy (Hoopo) writes a well thought out post that makes some great arguments, and you ignore it and start flinging poo at other things he's said previously. Then you call that exact thing liberalism 101 and say he's guilty of it... Just an outrageous level of irony.
    His post had no supporting evidence provided whatsoever. My posts did. And when he saw that his points were debunked by the evidence, he changed his argument to something else.
    And when he writes ridiculous things like $1 of income in Alberta is taxed the same as over $100,000, I guess that's just another example of a great argument.

When liberals keep making stuff up out of thin air, conservatives are going to seem abrasive when they keep trying to spread truth. I'm sorry. The abrasiveness is unintentional. It's only meant to be blunt and factual.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It's almost like saying "this was the deal 100+ years ago so it should stay" on any topic probably is a worthless statement
    Ya, how could they have possibly foreseen high-powered semi-automatic transfer payments?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Ya, how could they have possibly foreseen high-powered semi-automatic transfer payments?
    The first well in Canada was drilled in 1902, so what a correct statement. How could they have? How could they have foreseen that water one day might be used as a resource instead of a need? How could they have foreseen things that literally didn't exist when the program was originally derived.

What an apt observation fn, thanks for the input.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    The first well in Canada was drilled in 1902, so what a correct statement. How could they have? How could they have foreseen that water one day might be used as a resource instead of a need? How could they have foreseen things that literally didn't exist when the program was originally derived.

What an apt observation fn, thanks for the input.
    Adapt. React. Re-adapt. Apt.

Dobber Sports Jedi

This is already Alberta:

and ready to expand: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...erta-1.5330469
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4