Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Canadian Election

Conservative is pretty locked in on their 5mill votes. They aren't progressive enough to get new votes. Canada will continue to split the "Left View Votes" between Liberal, NDP and Green. And the stronger NDP and Green do, the closer the Liberals and Conservatives will appear.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

lol, "sunset industry" smh

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Interesting breakdown of the percentage of total vote for each party, versus percentage of total seats for each party.

Party--------------------Percentage of total Vote----------------Percentage of Seats
    Liberal--------------------------33.76-----------------------------------------45.99
    Conservative-------------------35.38----------------------------------------36.20
    Bloc-------------------------------8.20------------------------------------------9.50
    NDP-----------------------------16.19------------------------------------------7.42
    Green----------------------------6.47------------------------------------------0.89

So, the Conservatives got the most votes, but ended up with 9 percent less seats than the Liberals. The NDP ended up with over 16 percent of the total votes, with only 7.4 percent of the seats and the Green Party ended up with 6.4 percent of the votes with less than 1 percent of the total seats.

Definitely an argument to be made for electoral reform.

Rylant
    Yep, and 30% or more of Albertans never have a voice progressive voice under the current system

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The Conservatives actually had some decent ideas on mitigating climate change in their platform. Unfortunately, for me, it was all wiped out when they decided to take a giant step back by eliminating the carbon tax - which in my opinion is a fantastic tool and if anything, needs to be ramped up even more.
    Agreed

Dobber Sports Ninja

https://www.thestar.com/politics/pro...arbon-tax.html

This is why people don't believe politicians, and why turnout is down to around 2/3 of the country these days. Even if your vote mattered, you can't believe a word these guys say, from Trudeau's "last election under first past the post", to Ford's "Once the people decide, I believe in democracy, I respect democracy, we move on. The people will have the opportunity, not the courts."

I don't blame anyone for saying to hell with it and finding better things to do with their time.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Untitled.jpg
    Letter to voters in Ontario and Quebec, just before the election. Interesting points in here, albeit from an oil executive so what else would he say? To which I'd reply... it doesn't mean the sentiment or numbers are untrue.
    Albertans are completely fed up. At some point, the poop will hit the fan, hopefully sooner than later.

Dobber Sports Padawan

This is why people don't believe politicians, and why turnout is down to around 2/3 of the country these days
    2/3 of the country is significantly better than in the Harper years for what it's worth. The average since Confederation is around 70-71% so this is only around a 5% change, and still higher than the 20-year average
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Albertans are completely fed up. At some point, the poop will hit the fan, hopefully sooner than later.
    Albertans have been fed up for 40 years or more. It's been their entire identity as long as I've been on this earth. It's just what they do and I don't think they can ever be satisfied.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Padawan

Conservatives... take some solace in the fact that we won the popular vote. That's certainly a positive change, despite not getting enough seats to influence real change.

And, hey, also take some solace in this ruling yesterday. At least it shows that the world isn't completely bonkers. Yet.
    https://nationalpost.com/news/trans-...tribunal-rules

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    Albertans have been fed up for 40 years or more. It's been their entire identity as long as I've been on this earth. It's just what they do and I don't think they can ever be satisfied.
    Actually their real identity has been feeding ingrates for as long as I can remember. You're welcome.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Untitled.jpg
    Letter to voters in Ontario and Quebec, just before the election. Interesting points in here, albeit from an oil executive so what else would he say? To which I'd reply... it doesn't mean the sentiment or numbers are untrue.
    I'm genuinely interested in what sort of actual action Albertans can take though. Just getting more and more angry is accomplishing nothing. A new strategy has to happen. Kenney suggests re-evaluating transfer payments. I'm not sure how realistic that is and it seems like more of the same angry talk. Some new and creative ideas need to start coming from Alberta aside from give us our pipelines or we stop sending you money. Because that's not happening, no matter how mad Albertans/Saskatchewan gets.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    2/3 of the country is significantly better than in the Harper years for what it's worth. The average since Confederation is around 70-71% so this is only around a 5% change, and still higher than the 20-year average
    That just shows that things have been bad in this area for at least 20 years! I don't think it's a big deal, because higher voter turnout doesn't mean better government, it just means more representative (in theory). Voter turnout is sky high in Australia due to moronic mandatory voting, and their governments are screwed up as well.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Some new and creative ideas need to start coming from Alberta aside from give us our pipelines or we stop sending you money. Because that's not happening, no matter how mad Albertans/Saskatchewan gets.
    Well. It will either by choice or by necessity. It's painfully clear how little most of Canada realizes how many "benefits of being Canadian" come from Canada's resources.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Considering our PM has been Conservative for 10 of the last 14 years...was from Calgary...and had a majority his last term...how was it that more for
    the West was NOT accomplished under CON rule? They had the opportunity, no?

Untitled.jpg
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Well. It will either by choice or by necessity. It's painfully clear how little most of Canada realizes how many "benefits of being Canadian" come from Canada's resources.
    Yup ain't that the truth.... but why should Canadians realize this when the PM himself doesn't fathom this?

We are supposed to 'follow our leader' right?