Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Canadian Election

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Please let me know who's here to complain about our govt and not voting so I can put you on mute.
    Amen Axeman33! Please put them on mute for me as well!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Yeah, people just spam facebook memes on this forums now without even reading previous posts.
    Not what I consider a meme... but all I hear is people complaining about it being a meme.. and I have only seen ONE person counter ONE of the comments made in the whole 'meme'
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Administrator

We'd be a much better place if so many weren't sticking their noses in each other's business. Whether or not a person chooses to vote is none of my business.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Not what I consider a meme... but all I hear is people complaining about it being a meme.. and I have only seen ONE person counter ONE of the comments made in the whole 'meme'
    Why should others be forced to spend hours researching well thought out and factual rebuttals to this tripe? You guys copy and paste something in seconds that you found on a website like Canada Proud and now it is up to others to spend hours of time dissecting the objective facts behind each comment?

No thank you.

Anybody who would post this type of partisan hack journalism isn't going to be swayed by any rational arguments. Your minds were made up long ago.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Ninja

Unfortunately it's filled with inaccuracies in many errors. Take the "peoplekind" quote for example. Trudeau was talking to a lady involved in a cult who was going on about the feminine side of the Universe or some such thing (I can't remember exactly since it's been a while since I watched the entire video - and not just the video clip. I believe they are involved with the John de Ruiter cult) and Trudeau was basically calling her to task with his tongue in cheek comment. Go watch the entire video and not just the clip. I think you'll be surprised when you see the context.

The meme is littered with bad examples like this. Tough to take it seriously.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Yup, I did that. Not reading 30 posts of back and forth about personal opinion on politics.
    So you're not interested in our opinions but you think we should see your borrowed ones. Got it.

Dobber Sports Star

It's definitely a one-sided thing. And everyone reading has their right to their views. In my worldview:

You invited "irregular" immigration (taxpayers pay).

At the G7 you pledged $400 million to Education around the world along with another $180 million to the Global Partnership for Education in Europe.

You pledged $2.65 billion to climate change at the Commonwealth Leaders Summit and now ... provinces ... new taxes to pay for this pledge.

You pledged $125 million to Caribbean Reconstruction.

You gave $10.5 million to a ... terrorist ... (Khadr)

You said that a proposed pipeline must consider “the intersection of sex and gender with other identity factors”

Peoplekind.

You got India to invest $250 million in Canada but we have to invest $750 million in India first. (FHG: considering India's demographics, this is a very smart investment)

You said returning terrorists will be an extraordinarily powerful voice for Canada. You fought to let terrorists keep their Canadian citizenship. (what's next, stripping criminals of their citizenship? we have a moral obligation to all Canadian citizens regardless of their actions)
    All of these things are good. I support them all. There are a whack of things he's done that I don't support. That's all fine.

And on the vote vs no vote question: our society would be far better off if everyone was engaged in critical dialogue and thought, rather than spewing the "lines" that support their worldview and trying to "win". It's all about empathy for others who have different views that your own. If we as a society did that regularly and only 25% of the population voted, we'd be in a much better place.

I may be old school... but I think everyone should be proud to be Canadian and proud to vote!!

I know I sure am!!

They always say that people don't realize what they have until its gone... I imagine if we lost our ability to vote... those that chose not to vote would be up in arms about it!

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Yup, I did that. Not reading 30 posts of back and forth about personal opinion on politics.
    That solves the riddle of that post, .... and the poster.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Ninja

I may be old school... but I think everyone should be proud to be Canadian and proud to vote!!

I know I sure am!!

They always say that people don't realize what they have until its gone... I imagine if we lost our ability to vote... those that chose not to vote would be up in arms about it!
    I also support the right to play water polo, even though I've never done it and don't care to.

Dobber Sports Ace

If something or someone is so good that someone makes it a reason for that person to fight for that cause, why can't they speak to the positives of what they are fighting for, rather than spewing negativity?

I would love to see someone say, I support this person because of A, and B and also because of C, but all we ever see is negative campaigning.

This is just me speaking freely, it's still allowed, no need for someone to send (threatening?) e-mails from your minions.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Padawan

Choosing not to vote, and then complaining about the outcome, is most certainly ok... if you're a millennial.
    Millennials can do and say whatever they want, and that's just the way it is.
    I accepted that a long time ago.

Kidding aside, if you want to complain about how they are all terrible leaders, and that's why you didn't vote, alright then.
    That's at least understandable.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Kidding aside, if you want to complain about how they are all terrible leaders, and that's why you didn't vote, alright then.
    That's at least understandable.
    People at least deserve the benefit of the doubt. They have their reasons. No need to judge based on what they do after work one day every four years.

Personally I don't even ask people if they voted. I don't care either way. If they tell me their opinion about things, I'll at least listen.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Star

Is it not a very lazy approach to complain about something if you are not willing to do something about it?

Let's take the work example...You might not be able to change what it is your are complaining about... but do you not owe it to yourself to try to improve the area you are complaining about. I agree with your friend... you got to at least try to do something about it. And that doesn't mean quit your job or tell off your boss. There are tonnes of different approaches that might work.

Now lets look at a more basic example... you go to the washroom at work and the toilet is pluged and you got the runs... do you go to the coffee room and complain about it... or do you grab the plunger and try to do something about it?

I agree... we complain about everything... but how much better would our workplaces... our communities..or country be... IF we stopped complaining about everything life entitled little babies.. and started taking action?
    Lazy is definitely one of the possibilities, and something I am REGUALARLY guilty of. I will say though, that sometimes I just want to vent a bit. You say that I should at least try to do something about it, well what if my doing something about it was just having a moment to say "this sucks"? I will tell you, I have a woman who works close to my desk who is really loud. I also work with somebody who wears too much perfume. Neither of these is a HUGE deal to me. I don't need to move desks. I don't need either of them to be fired. Sometimes, I just need to complain to my friend for 30 seconds about it, and I am good to go. Sometimes if it is bad enough, I actually do something about it, like grab the plunger and plunge the toilet. If the drive home from work took too long because the traffic was heavy, I might complain a bit about it. What am I going to do, call my MP? I am not saying I would never call my MP, but in this case, Naw, it's not a big enough deal to do that. Do something about it? I did. I complained to my friend for 30 seconds. It helped.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Padawan

Is it not a very lazy approach to complain about something if you are not willing to do something about it?

Now lets look at a more basic example... you go to the washroom at work and the toilet is plugged and you got the runs... do you go to the coffee room and complain about it... or do you grab the plunger and try to do something about it?

I agree... we complain about everything... but how much better would our workplaces... our communities..or country be... IF we stopped complaining about everything life entitled little babies.. and started taking action?

This is awesome.

Unfortunately, as awesomely true as it is, the motto of Western Civilization has basically become "can't someone else do it" just like when Springfield elected Homer to be Sanitation Commissioner. Pretty sure his landslide victory in that election inspired the policies of many of today's Liberal/Democrat leaders.