Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Canadian Election

Quote Originally Posted by Stathound View Post
    So kinda unsure why you posted this.
    So only right-biased material is allowed from conservatives in here?
    Ok, gotcha.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Hmmmmm, did you even read the whole article? The author carved up Trudeau and the Conservatives pretty good, he is advocating for voters to look further left than what the Liberals and Conservatives are offering up. I mostly agree with him.
    I sure did. I said there was some "solid stuff in there." I didn't say I agreed with everything he wrote.
    I know it's confusing for you to see a conservative post something that carves up conservatives. But some people are objective. They aren't scared of another writer's opinion. They don't cherry pick stuff that only supports their view.
    Maybe you should try it sometime ?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    I sure did. I said there was some "solid stuff in there." I didn't say I agreed with everything he wrote.
    I know it's confusing for you to see a conservative post something that carves up conservatives. But some people are objective. They aren't scared of another writer's opinion. They don't cherry pick stuff that only supports their view.
    Maybe you should try it sometime ?
    Objective you are not. Your outward bias is heavily documented on this site already and I have zero faith that you can be objective enough to concede any change in viewpoint.
    You thought to be clever to cherry pick a left leaning article that slams Trudeau and that is all. Everyone on this thread understands that Trudeau is hardly a first rate PM or politician with his job hanging in the balance.

Dobber Sports Star

So only right-biased material is allowed from conservatives in here?
    Ok, gotcha.
    That's not what he said and you know it. You intentionally misdirect and mislead, again. Nobody is fooled. It's funny that you talk about being unbiased and objective and then post this kind of garbage.

Rylant

- - - Updated - - -

An interesting article. Obvious strong bias to climate change.

https://www.taxfairness.ca/en/press_...ction-promises

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Nope. I will totally admit when I'm being inflammatory with my own comments, but I do it as a measured response to make a point. There are many others who can't see this distinction.
    I didn’t think I would have to explain. You said leave Trump out of this thread and then you mention him.

So yes that is hypocritical is it not?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    That's not what he said and you know it. You intentionally misdirect and mislead, again. Nobody is fooled. It's funny that you talk about being unbiased and objective and then post this kind of garbage.

Rylant
    Well Rylant, right on cue, yet another occurrence of a liberal not identifying the difference between sarcasm and misdirection.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I only vote for Conservatives because they seem to be the only party that want to cut at the right place to reduce our taxes burden.
    There is an increase of 12% of staff working in the federal public service since the election of Trudeau in 2015 (575k vs 514k)
    https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-bo...c-service.html

It's funny that all our private company is downsizing their administrative staff but in our public service it's not the same case.
    I know the population is increasing and some profession need staff (teacher, nurse, etc) but we are supposed to eliminate the "non-value" job with the improvment of technology.
    At the same time, they only way to send a document to a public service clerk is by regular mail or by fax... in 2019.

Conservatives aren't perfect, but it's the best party for someone who want to have more money in their pocktets for their family at this moment.
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I didn’t think I would have to explain. You said leave Trump out of this thread and then you mention him.

So yes that is hypocritical is it not?
    Guilty, but I invoked Trump's name because other people continued to bring him up. I will strive to keep his name out of this thread.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

One main issue I have with "the left" is being labelled a neanderthal climate denier upon stating that I'm conservative. Even if I was a denier, I realize that it would be shouting to the wind to state anything along those lines. So either way I would select a path that makes the most sense (to me). Without going into great detail (as I simply don't have time for online lengthy political debates), the letter Jason Kenney sent to Amnesty International in response to their open letter to him, sums up what I consider a responsible pragmatic approach for Canada to move forward with.

Two other points.
    1. I find it shameful and frankly irresponsible that extremists/climate alarmists (I'm specifically referring to we'll all be extinct in 10 years! people) that get the air time they do.
    2. If point 1 were really true, why are the same people so vehemently opposed to nuclear?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ACC90 View Post
    I only vote for Conservatives because they seem to be the only party that want to cut at the right place to reduce our taxes burden.
    There is an increase of 12% of staff working in the federal public service since the election of Trudeau in 2015 (575k vs 514k)

It's funny that all our private company is downsizing their administrative staff but in our public service it's not the same case.
    I know the population is increasing and some profession need staff (teacher, nurse, etc) but we are supposed to eliminate the "non-value" job with the improvment of technology.
    At the same time, they only way to send a document to a public service clerk is by regular mail or by fax... in 2019.

Conservatives aren't perfect, but it's the best party for someone who want to have more money in their pocktets for their family at this moment.
    Very well said. +++1 Except I can't give you anymore, it says.

At its core, I think this is how most Conservatives think. I know it's true for me.
    Our taxes are already more than high enough. It makes no sense to me to vote for people who want to tax me even more.
    And run up even more debt that we can't afford.
    And stifle job creation in order to address a crisis that isn't actually a crisis.
    It's pure lunacy.

Dobber Sports Star

Well Rylant, right on cue, yet another occurrence of a liberal not identifying the difference between sarcasm and misdirection.
    You will have to understand, with your history of bullshit, it might take a modern day miracle to be able to determine which is which when it comes to you. To be honest, I don't have the strength or inclination to be bothered. Thanks for your stunning feedback, though. Brilliant, as always.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    You will have to understand, with your history of b*****t, it might take a modern day miracle to be able to determine which is which when it comes to you. To be honest, I don't have the strength or inclination to be bothered. Thanks for your stunning feedback, though. Brilliant, as always.

Rylant
    Let's keep it civilized, kind sir. No need for the potty mouth.
    Cheers.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yes, please do keep quoting my examples of absurd initiatives started by the left
    yeah man, it was a truly huge undertaking for facebook to update a dropdown menu at the request of the customers that wanted it changed. Trans people exist and get to live in this world too, bud. It would have been pretty easy to just accept and move on, but conservatives gotta make hay all day and loudly proclaim how confused they are about the whole thing. Confusion and ignorance are not qualities I look for in political leaders, but you do you.

Even worse is retrofitting buildings to be more energy efficient. Those crazy leftists! My conservative-voting stepfather is apparently also part of "the left" because he has been doing things to save money on energy bills for decades.

It's clear you don't actually read any of the things you're linking, and have a poor understanding of pretty much everything you've brought up. Your opinion on climate change is based on not being able to find the word "emergency" in a couple of documents. Documents that anyone with 8th grade reading comprehension could see outline a pretty stark scenario. I look forward to more emoji-filled nonsense and links to things that don't say what you think they do.

Hmmmmm, did you even read the whole article? The author carved up Trudeau and the Conservatives pretty good, he is advocating for voters to look further left than what the Liberals and Conservatives are offering up. I mostly agree with him.
    it wouldn't make much of a difference if he had read it. He is clearly just throwing stuff at the wall, hoping some of it happens to align with his opinions. He doesn't even know when it doesn't.

I didn't vote Liberal last time, and I've never liked Trudeau. I don't even disagree with the criticism he gets that his name and good looks are a big part of what got him elected. It's probably true. He talks a much better game than what he actually brings to the game, and I'm never going to forgive him for his attacks on the other Canadian left parties in the last election cycle. But I'd still gladly take him over Harper and Scheer. It'd be great if we had a viable option that wasn't a schlemiel though.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ACC90 View Post

I feel along these lines too. I also can't stand a lot of left personalities but at the end of the day I am looking out for my family.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thank you Hoopo, for reminding me of another overused sneaky tactic by the left... false equivalency.

How dare some of us believe that 58 genders is absurd! Your response to that = "Trans people exist and get to live in this world too, bud" lololol

How dare some of us state the obvious that it's impossible to upgrade every building in the US within 10 years ! Nice try to intentionally leave out the 10 year part and falsely claim that I'm suddenly against building upgrades in general.

And I notice you intentionally ignored the mandatory man part waxing (to avoid a human rights lawsuit). Wait, why would you leave that out ? hmmmm