Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Canadian Election

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    IWhere’s our Canadian dollar at? I think if our economy was humming our dollar would be a lot better than where it was. Especially when we were par with the US dollar not that many years ago
    I'm not sure how relevant the value of our dollar necessarily is in terms of our economy. Strong dollar hurts exports, helps imports, hurts some businesses and industries and helps others. When we were on par with the American dollar, that also wasn't necessarily because the Canadian economy was doing historically well, it was in large part by comparison to the US who were not doing well at that time, as well as high oil prices. Those aren't really things a Canadian PM has a lot of control over and not something anyone you vote for can make happen.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    However, I might be enticed to switch parties if I didn't believe the leaders at the top of the left were full of crap and just spewing rhetoric for votes and personal gain. And that the supporters of their parties weren't so brash, insulting and absolute.
    You honestly can't see when your 'side' does the exact same thing??
    Right wing rhetoric and being brash and insulting is no less than what you claim left wing response is like. The tribalism of 'us vs them' that we see today started with the Republican party in the US going back to the days of Reagan. It got dramatically worse when the Tea Party came on the scene. Now with Trump its hit a whole new level. Unfortunately Canadian politics has taken too many pointers from US politics.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The term libtard was not started by the left...
    Maybe not, but they've definitely earned it.

58 Gender Options on Facebook, last time I checked.
    Men demanding for their parts to be waxed by women and women are taken to court if they refuse.
    Every single building in the US needs to be upgraded within 10 years to be environmentally friendly.
    The Cow farting crisis.

And on and on and on.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Right wing rhetoric and being brash and insulting is no less than what you claim left wing response is like. The tribalism of 'us vs them' that we see today started with the Republican party in the US going back to the days of Reagan. It got dramatically worse when the Tea Party came on the scene. Now with Trump its hit a whole new level. Unfortunately Canadian politics has taken too many pointers from US politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    Trump is from the U.S. We are talking about the CANADIAN election. There is a separate thread on that guy from the United States. Why would someone from Canada be so passionate about their (U.S citizens) president? I could see it if someone were a dual citizen, but it's kinda silly to be defending/promoting the guy if he's not our leader.
    Yes. Trump is a horrible excuse for a human being. Keep his name out of a Canadian election thread.
    Pot calling the kettle black?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post

Men demanding for their parts to be waxed by women and women are taken to court if they refuse.
    Every single building in the US needs to be upgraded within 10 years to be environmentally friendly.
    The Cow farting crisis.

And on and on and on.
    Thank you for proving my point so wonderfully

Dobber Sports Genius

All I can draw on is personal experience. I have literally seen my cousin who I grew up close with change dramatically since getting into journalism and becoming a radical left supporter. She has ostracized her self from all other member's of our family, even fighting with members of our family that are very mild mannered, for just having a difference of a opinion. It just seems the left will die on their sword for their cause and the right just want to live a good life for themselves and family.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Padawan

Also re: dairy supply management

I can't remember a time when my vote came down to the price of dairy. Or even spending much time on the topic at all. And I've had my share of "lean" years. It's weird to me this particular issue has been so prominent in the discourse the last few years, but I guess that was primarily because it came up in the conservative leadership race, and in the trade talks with Trump. Maybe I'm just not buying that much dairy compared to other Canadians? I feel like we go through a lot of eggs and cheese at my place though.

I dunno. I'm probably going to continue not caring about that issue much. Trump seems to have calmed down about it since we made some concessions.
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Pot calling the kettle black?
    Nope. I will totally admit when I'm being inflammatory with my own comments, but I do it as a measured response to make a point. There are many others who can't see this distinction.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Thank you for proving my point so wonderfully
    No sir, thank YOU for the endless material.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    All I can draw on is personal experience. I have literally seen my cousin who I grew up close with change dramatically since getting into journalism and becoming a radical left supporter. She has ostracized her self from all other member's of our family, even fighting with members of our family that are very mild mannered, for just having a difference of a opinion. It just seems the left will die on their sword for their cause and the right just want to live a good life for themselves and family.
    Well characterizing everyone left leaning as being the same as your cousin (who I don't know at all, maybe she is a real piece of work after all?) is pretty narrow way to harden your own attitudes.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The Cow farting crisis.

And on and on and on.
    wow what a nightmare! I am so sorry you are having problems with dropdown menus on facebook, it sounds like it's a real hassle for you. And can you believe these other people, trying to take action to mitigate our impact on the environment? What are they, crazy? I bet they never even did a keyword search of a couple of documents.
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:

Dobber Sports Padawan

Some Solid stuff in here: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...anada-election

TheGuardian.com, as left as they come, highlighting what a fraud Trudeau is.
    Hmmmm.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    wow what a nightmare! I am so sorry you are having problems with dropdown menus on facebook, it sounds like it's a real hassle for you. And can you believe these other people, trying to take action to mitigate our impact on the environment? What are they, crazy? I bet they never even did a keyword search of a couple of documents.
    Yes, please do keep quoting my examples of absurd initiatives started by the left. Thank you for spreading the word.
    At your next brozillian, be sure to ask the business owner how liberated she feels.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hmmmm.
    Isn't that just an opinion piece? As in one persons opinion. Also he closes saying Trudeau is not the politician to stop the rise of the ugly right. Which as far as I can tell so far, is you. So kinda unsure why you posted this. May have well just kept up your diatribe of advanced right wing social media talking points.

10 team Keep 8 league. D bonus for scoring

G, A, STP, Shots, Hits, Blocks
    GA, Saves, Wins, SO

C: Kopitar, Kuznetsov, Monahan, Duchene
    RW: Pasta, Tank, Zuccarello, Meier
    LW: Ovi, Forsberg, Hall, mcCann
    D: Jones, Trouba, Pionk, Theodore, Reilly, Morrissey, Paryako
    G: Andersen, Kuemper, Mrazek, IR- Smith

Dobber Sports Pro

Hmmmm.
    Hmmmmm, did you even read the whole article? The author carved up Trudeau and the Conservatives pretty good, he is advocating for voters to look further left than what the Liberals and Conservatives are offering up. I mostly agree with him.