Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Canadian Election

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I sincerely ask, if Andrew Scheer were Prime Minister do you believe he would've handled the file any differently?
    1) Yes.
    2) It doesn't matter.

There, feel better ?

Dobber Sports Genius

A deflection worthy of a career politician. Only about 3,400 of nearly 9,000 employees are Quebecois.

I sincerely ask, if Andrew Scheer were Prime Minister do you believe he would've handled the file any differently?
    What I don't get is how you can put someone in a hypothetical situation like this? I think you got to give a person the benefit of the doubt or maybe you don't because he is right wing and all that is evil in this world? Also, are you trying to use that as a slight against Sheer, stating he would of done exactly what Trudeau did? Or are you saying it as, it was handled correctly by Trudeau and Sheer would of done the same? If it's a slight then your admitting that Trudeau has some ethics issues, which should automatically disqualify him from representing us as a nation
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Veteran

I've never defended Trudeau. I sincerely asked a question, twice. If you're not asking yourself what a party leader would or wouldn't do as Prime Minister of our country than what are you asking yourself when you decide who to vote for?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    If that was a conservative scandal the peaceful left would be at Scheers house protesting and harassing his family.
    Stop trying to characterize the 'peaceful left' as the only villains. Prominent politicians in this country have received death threats on a constant basis in recent years. Like him or hate him, do we we really need a prime minster to have to wear a flak jacket and constantly be surrounded by beefed up security?

Dobber Sports Genius

I've never defended Trudeau. I sincerely asked a question, twice. If you're not asking yourself what a party leader would or wouldn't do as Prime Minister of our country than what are you asking yourself when you decide who to vote for?
    Fair enough. I guess the answer is we don't know. But I think it's wrong to assume he would do the same. Again, are we not a country that is built on giving people the benefit of the doubt?

Dobber Sports Ninja

A deflection worthy of a career politician. Only about 3,400 of nearly 9,000 employees are Quebecois.

We have literally no way of knowing. Based on policy alone I can't vote for the Conservatives, but I don't think it's fair to judge an individual on hypothetical maybes.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    This could be one reason -trudeau-has-canada-s-economy-humming

Plus it is expensive to switch governments. So for economic reasons alone Canada should likely stay the course.
    Is our economy really humming? Where’s our Canadian dollar at? I think if our economy was humming our dollar would be a lot better than where it was. Especially when we were par with the US dollar not that many years ago
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Padawan

Fair enough. I guess the answer is we don't know. But I think it's wrong to assume he would do the same. Again, are we not a country that is built on giving people the benefit of the doubt?
    Of course it's wrong to assume he would do the same. It's a completely bogus tactic the left loves to use because they know it can't be refuted. Sleight of hand political gamesmanship - Pelosi and Schumer could write encyclopedias on it.
    It's no different than arguing "Scheer's probably done blackface many times too, he just never got caught on camera. Prove me wrong!"
    "Scheer probably would have done the same thing with SNC, he's a politician just like Trudeau, after all. Prove me wrong! Oh you can't, well then stop being so hard on Justin."

Complete garbage.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Of course it's wrong to assume he would do the same. It's a completely bogus tactic the left loves to use because they know it can't be refuted. Sleight of hand political gamesmanship - Pelosi and Schumer could write encyclopedias on it.
    It's no different than arguing "Scheer's probably done blackface many times too, he just never got caught on camera. Prove me wrong!"
    "Scheer probably would have done the same thing with SNC, he's a politician just like Trudeau, after all. Prove me wrong! Oh you can't, well then stop being so hard on Justin."

Complete garbage.
    Do you live in the US? Why do you always bring up US politics? Just curious.

Dobber Sports Genius

I just want to point something out. The Dobber forum handle "Dennis", sent me some rep for giving him an answer to his question, in a non insulting, deflecting way. This made me feel good to be honest. Not because of some form of self gratification that my point was suddenly the right one, but because we could get through a conversation with respecting each others opinions even if we do not agree. One of the biggest problems I have with a typical left wing party or supporter for that matter, is how aggressive they attack your opinion if it doesn't align with their own.

I agree with a lot of liberal and left leaning ideas but their delivery is so insulting and one sided it's hard to get behind them. I vote conservative because of mainly economically and industry reasons. However, I might be enticed to switch parties if I didn't believe the leaders at the top of the left were full of crap and just spewing rhetoric for votes and personal gain. And that the supporters of their parties weren't so brash, insulting and absolute.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I just want to point something out. The Dobber forum handle "Dennis", sent me some rep for giving him an answer to his question, in a non insulting, deflecting way. This made me feel good to be honest. Not because of some form of self gratification that my point was suddenly the right one, but because we could get through a conversation with respecting each others opinions even if we do not agree. One of the biggest problems I have with a typical left wing party or supporter for that matter, is how aggressive they attack your opinion if it doesn't align with their own.

I agree with a lot of liberal and left leaning ideas but their delivery is so insulting and one sided it's hard to get behind them. I vote conservative because of mainly economically and industry reasons. However, I might be enticed to switch parties if I didn't believe the leaders at the top of the left were full of crap and just spewing rhetoric for votes and personal gain. And that the supporters of their parties weren't so brash, insulting and absolute.
    This isn't limited to either side really. The term libtard was not started by the left...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Well considering this is Trudeau backing a Quebec company, I don't think Scheer would of been in this position in the first place. Just another case of Quebec protecting their own.
    You do know the reason Scheer won the conservative party nomination is because of the Quebec dairy conglomerate right? Quebec is basically the only reason Scheer is the conservative party leader.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

We, psychologically that's the basis of humanity. It has nothing to do with being Canadian.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    You do know the reason Scheer won the conservative party nomination is because of the Quebec dairy conglomerate right? Quebec is basically the only reason Scheer is the conservative party leader.
    He barely beat Bernier by the slimmest of margins.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He barely beat Bernier by the slimmest of margins.
    Imagine if Bernier had been the CPC leader right now. Very interesting!