Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Canadian Election

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Isn't not following a specific religion a religious act in its own??
    Not at all.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    No, not believing in a higher, spirtual power is not a from of religion. Look up Agnostic and Atheism for clarification before this election thread REALLY goes off the religious rails.
    Is Scientology considered a Religion? they don't believe in a higher spiritual power.

The way I see it is if you don't believe in Creation... then you believe in something else... but you still believe in something that resulted in our existence. So just because you don't believe in God... doesn't mean you don't have some sort of religious belief in how things began. I am sorry friends... but we are all religious to some extent.

And yes, I don't want to get the tracks rolling to far off... but I am willing to discuss when the topics arise.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Is Scientology considered a Religion? they don't believe in a higher spiritual power.

The way I see it is if you don't believe in Creation... then you believe in something else... but you still believe in something that resulted in our existence. So just because you don't believe in God... doesn't mean you don't have some sort of religious belief in how things began. I am sorry friends... but we are all religious to some extent.

And yes, I don't want to get the tracks rolling to far off... but I am willing to discuss when the topics arise.
    It's a strange way to view things, and not in line with common thinking, but you're of course free to believe that. Just know that nearly everyone who is not religious would disagree with your definition of them.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Yes, of course. Hypocritical liberals ARE that strong chunk. They'd vote for Trudeau even if he wore blackface every day.
    They're only outraged when Conservatives behave badly.
    Oh give it a rest. Pretty much everyone thinks what Trudeau did was bad and embarrassing, even Liberal voters. Many are still voting for him anyway because they find the alternative bad and embarrassing too. My riding is looking safe enough to vote with my conscience and I probably won't have to "strategic" vote for Trudeau, because rest assured I've never been a fan. But I've also seen enough of the Conservative machine up close to know how tremendously hypocritical they are too.

But here I am talking with someone that thinks climate change isn't a real threat, because he searched a couple of documents by keywords. If that's your idea of "research" then I weep for democracy
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    No. Remove religion altogether from politics. Hell, remove it altogether and the world would be a better place imo.
    Just so I'm clear, do Democrats want the entire Constitution thrown in the trash? Or just the First Amendment ?
    And for you rabid Liberals, should the entire Charter be scrapped or just Section 2 about religion ?
    Curious about how you envision this "better place" - hehehe

I'm not religious enough to pray, but I honestly feel like I should pray for so many of you.

Dobber Sports Star

Back to the ridiculous black-face stuff... when did those incidents take place, anyway? The 90's? The early 2000's? There was a time not too long ago where that was a perfectly acceptable costume, so it's not really fair to hold someone accountable when the goalposts get moved. Was any of it recent enough to warrant the peepee slapping?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    But here I am talking with someone that thinks climate change isn't a real threat
    Completely False. I wrote that it wasn't a crisis or an emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    It's a strange way to view things, and not in line with common thinking, but you're of course free to believe that. Just know that nearly everyone who is not religious would disagree with your definition of them.
    I apologize... it is not a definition of them... its the definition of religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    Oh give it a rest. Pretty much everyone thinks what Trudeau did was bad and embarrassing, even Liberal voters. Many are still voting for him anyway because they find the alternative bad and embarrassing too. My riding is looking safe enough to vote with my conscience and I probably won't have to "strategic" vote for Trudeau, because rest assured I've never been a fan. But I've also seen enough of the Conservative machine up close to know how tremendously hypocritical they are too.

But here I am talking with someone that thinks climate change isn't a real threat, because he searched a couple of documents by keywords. If that's your idea of "research" then I weep for democracy
    Voting for someone who has done wrong twice as opposed to something who has not done wrong as our leader?

This would be similar to Trump getting a 2nd term even though they are trying to impeach him.

Anyone think that Trudeau deserves a second term and that Trump doesn't?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Pro

Yes. Trump is a horrible excuse for a human being. Keep his name out of a Canadian election thread.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I apologize... it is not a definition of them... its the definition of religion.
    I guess it depends what specific definition of religion you take, but in general, no that is not correct. You could find a definition of religion that means that, but it wouldn't be one of the more accepted definitions.

Dobber Sports Star

Voting for someone who has done wrong twice as opposed to something who has not done wrong as our leader?

He did 2 things wrong as our leader? And those 2 things were dressing in black-face, prior to becoming our leader? And the other guy has never done wrong? Am I understanding you correctly?

Dobber Sports Ace

This would be similar to Trump getting a 2nd term even though they are trying to impeach him.

Trump is from the U.S. We are talking about the CANADIAN election. There is a separate thread on that guy from the United States. Why would someone from Canada be so passionate about their (U.S citizens) president? I could see it if someone were a dual citizen, but it's kinda silly to be defending/promoting the guy if he's not our leader.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    And some of the world's greatest atrocities throughout mankind's history, have been in the name of Religion. Many current and past religious systems are in amongst the most corrupt of all time. I am VERY ok with less religion...

Rylant
    Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Just so I'm clear, do Democrats want the entire Constitution thrown in the trash? Or just the First Amendment ?
    And for you rabid Liberals, should the entire Charter be scrapped or just Section 2 about religion ?
    Curious about how you envision this "better place" - hehehe

I'm not religious enough to pray, but I honestly feel like I should pray for so many of you.
    That curiosity/question was answered before it was even asked.

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    He did 2 things wrong as our leader? And those 2 things were dressing in black-face, prior to becoming our leader? And the other guy has never done wrong? Am I understanding you correctly?
    Well. The SNC Lavalin ethics violations happened while he was in office.

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Yes. Trump is a horrible excuse for a human being. Keep his name out of a Canadian election thread.
    Trump used his power in office in extremely negative ways....

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    He did more than two things wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Nehithaw View Post
    Trump is from the U.S. We are talking about the CANADIAN election. There is a separate thread on that guy from the United States. Why would someone from Canada be so passionate about their (U.S citizens) president? I could see it if someone were a dual citizen, but it's kinda silly to be defending/promoting the guy if he's not our leader.
    Yes... this is the Canadian one... but there is room for comparison on the illegal things that Trump and Trudeau have done. And what I don't understand is how can Trump be so hated but Trudeau so loved when they both are abusing their power.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Well. The SNC Lavalin ethics violations happened while he was in office.
    Yes... a much bigger issue than dressing up some 20 years ago.

​​