Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Canadian Election

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post

Hlariously, if you're from Alberta, I'd say if you had a choice between a Liberal Majority or a Lberal Minority, supported by the NDP, you'd want the former. There's no way the NDP is going to play nice with Alberta energy.
    Interesting point. Kind of a catch 22 situation there.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    It is somewhat comforting to know I'm not the only one feeling this way.

I'm not impressed with what Trudeau has done with his time.

I'm not impressed with how Scheer has presented himself and his platform.

I'm impressed with Singh but don't trust the rest of his party to competently run a country.

The others don't really bare consideration.

The options are grim.
    I think this comment nails it. Don't vote for who you like the most, but vote for who you think will do the least amount of damage.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by YzermansLegacy View Post
    Kudos to Axe for this.

While I'm all aboard the "electoral reform" train, I would genuinely love to see how this country looks if people voted based on the way the system was designed to operate. That being, voting for the individual in YOUR riding to best represent YOU/YOUR RIDING in Ottawa. Also something that takes on additional significance if a minority government is elected.

I realize it "feels" as though we're voting for Trudeau/Scheer/Singh/May/etc.... but unless you happen to reside in their particular riding, you're not actually voting for "them".

Having personally lobbied a few MP's in Otttawa, I'm really confident to say that despite party "whips" and despite "partisan positions", your MP does have the capacity to speak on behalf of your riding... even if it's against the "party line".

If your candidate refuses to do that, perhaps it's worthwhile to consider whether they're the best representative for your riding... regardless of party affiliation.
    I don't think this gets enough consideration from the average voter. The party is much more than the figurehead leader.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

An interesting letter I came across.. so much for 3 strikes your out... this is enough strikeouts for a perfect game...

Things to consider before You vote:

Your minister of finance engaged in insider trading. Also forgot about his villa in France.

You blew the Asia Pacific deal.

You blew the helicopter deal with the Philippines.

You blew the deal with China.

You blew the deal with Europe.

You invited "irregular" immigration and the taxpayer foots the enormous bill for it.

You alienated the United States – our largest trading partner.

At the G7 you pledged $400 million to Education around the world along with another $180 million to the Global Partnership for Education in Europe. None of it is going to fix our messed up school systems here at home. Meanwhile education costs are skyrocketing for our youth making university a mountain too high for many to climb.

You pledged $241 million to Family Planning around the world including a $20 million donation to the Bill and Hillary Clinton Foundation (because they have integrity!). This all happened while you told vets that they were asking too much.

You pledged $2.65 billion to climate change at the Commonwealth Leaders Summit and now you’re trying to bully the provinces into new taxes to pay for this pledge.

You pledged $300 million to the Rohingya Refugee crisis while we have a refugee crisis of our own flooding into Quebec that you won't address.

You pledged $125 million to Caribbean Reconstruction while our own infrastructure in cities is falling apart.

You pledged $650 million to Sexual and Reproductive health in Haiti and around the globe wanting safer abortions for woman while many women in our own country are left without a family doctor.

You pledged $840 million to Syria for Humanitarian Assistance when half the native reserves in our country don't have clean drinking water.

You gave $10.5 million to a convicted...CONVICTED terrorist in a backroom deal. You intentionally paid it out in a way that prevented the widow of the killed soldier from pursuing it.

You spent $4.5 billion on a 65 year old pipeline, and now the courts have ruled it shut down. Now it's back on (at a delay cost of $250 million) - good investment for Canada you said? (And KM uses that money to build a pipeline in Texas)

You pressured Jody Wilson Raybould repeatedly & INAPPROPRIATELY with several different high ranking officials to offer SNC Lavalin a DPA instead of prosecution for repeated & sustained corruption AFTER the former AG had determined they were ineligible for such a deal. You lied about the above having ever taken place. Then you obstructed the investigation into this obstruction of justice.

You replaced Canada’s old F-18s with Australia’s old F-18s.

Your bizarre love of all things Castro.

You imposed tough regulations and taxes on oil from Alberta, Saskatchewan and Newfoundland but not oil from Saudi Arabia. Every new project has to undergo strict environmental assessments...except cement plants in Quebec.

You said that a proposed pipeline must consider “the intersection of sex and gender with other identity factors” (what does that even mean???)

You chase foreign companies (and their investment capital) out of the country like they have the plague.

You chased our WW1 soldiers out of our national anthem... lest we forget.

You called small business owners “tax cheats”.

People voice concern over money spent on illegal immigration and you call them intolerant racists.

We have an equalization program, but you give half of it to one province.

You spent $8 million on a skating rink (vanity project) when Canada's largest skating rink is 500 meters away.

You added tens of billions to the national debt while lying to Canada's face about it. Balance the budget in 2019? Now we’re looking at 2040.

You groped a woman and when caught and said she experienced it differently.

You elbowed a female MP while dragging another MP by the arm in a petulant fit.

Peoplekind? (international embarrassment)

You got India to invest $250 million in Canada but we have to invest $750 million in India first.

You said returning terrorists will be an extraordinarily powerful voice for Canada.

You fought to let terrorists keep their Canadian citizenship.

You spent $212,234 on artwork for the cover of the 2017 budget report.

You spent upwards to $348,000 on food and alcohol in five flights on our government’s plane. On your G20 trip to Argentina, you spent $103,000 on food and alcohol alone. How is that even possible?

You gave Canadian taxpayers' money to Hamas.

You voice outrage over fake racist attacks and say nothing about real terrorist attacks.

You took 10 vacations in a single year. Who does this?

You spent a little over $1.5 million on the trip to India that did nothing but worsen ties. Plus paid over $17,000 to bring an Indian chef to India to cook Indian cuisine. And to top it off, invited a convicted attempted murderer to diner and posed for pics with him.

And you’re the only PM convicted of ethics violations. (multiple times in fact)

You destroyed the career of one of Canada’s honest military leaders to cover up possible massive corruption in ship building contracts.

You invited Joshua Boyle, an alleged perpetrator of sexual assault and unlawful confinement of his wife for a photoshoot in the Office of The Prime Minister.

You threaten to sue the leader of the opposition then chicken out when you realized that your alleged crimes will be exposed in court.

You offer over $600 million dollars in subsidies to failing mainstream media outlets if they can prove to be trustworthy. You put a union who vows to destroy your opposition in charge of selecting these new “trusted” sources to receive funding. You could school the Russians in election interference.

You pay off your friends to engage in election ads for you and get Elections Canada to pay for it.

$13 million to Loblaws for new refrigerators.
    You made public statements of deep admiration for Chinese communism.

You wore preposterous, inappropriate costumes during a state visit to India, paid for by Canadians.

Almost $13 billion in promises right before calling the election.

Blackface. 3 times. Wow.

What moral, functioning Canadian human could possible justify voting for you?

When they said you weren’t ready, they were right...

Dobber Sports Ninja

I love facebook memes like that. I get a few for each candidate. They are all usually of the same quality.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I love facebook memes like that. I get a few for each candidate. They are all usually of the same quality.
    Not sure how it qualifies as a meme. More of a dirty laundry list. Haha
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports All-Star

That is quite some meme. Rebel Media? Canada proud? Absurdly partisan at any rate. Good for a laugh though.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Not sure how it qualifies as a meme. More of a dirty laundry list. Haha
    I saw that on Facebook as well.

Hey, nice hair though! They forgot that part.

Make sure, instead of moaning and pissin on here today, you get out and do your civic duty and vote, if you didnt already in the advanced polls. I know, that means you have to leave your screen, but it's worth it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

The moment anybody criticizes Trudeau for the Omar Khadr payment and refer to it as a a back room deal to a convicted terrorist, is the moment that I realize they are completely biased and have their own agenda. How anybody can take that seriously is beyond me.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I saw that on Facebook as well.

Hey, nice hair though! They forgot that part.

Make sure, instead of moaning and pissin on here today, you get out and do your civic duty and vote, if you didnt already in the advanced polls. I know, that means you have to leave your screen, but it's worth it.
    More of a civic right than a civic duty, but whatever. Vote if you want to. Don't if you don't want to. At the end of the day it actually makes next to no difference if we're honest.

Dobber Sports Deity

More of a civic right than a civic duty, but whatever. Vote if you want to. Don't if you don't want to. At the end of the day it actually makes next to no difference if we're honest.
    Well if no one voted, we'd get nothing so clearly it does make a difference.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well if no one voted, we'd get nothing so clearly it does make a difference.
    Not going down this road again as we've had this conversation multiple times in the past.

Go vote if you want. Don't if you don't want to.

Wear a poppy if you want. Don't if you don't want to.

Dobber Sports Deity

Not going down this road again as we've had this conversation multiple times in the past.

Wear a poppy if you want. Don't if you don't want to
    I agree with this. Just because it doesn't make a difference to you doesnt mean it doesnt make a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Wear a poppy if you want. Don't if you don't want to
    I agree with this. Just because it doesn't make a difference to you doesnt mean it doesnt make a difference.

Dobber Sports Ninja

- - - Updated - - -

You're right, to be fair. No difference was not accurate. Voting can make people feel better about themselves, and like they are a part of something bigger than themselves. Like wearing a poppy. Even though the actual tangible differences they are making are in reality microscopic, that doesn't mean no difference. I should be more accurate with my wording. Fair point.

Dobber Sports Titan

I get to vote in my old high school for the first time. Neat little thing there.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll