Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14
Results 196 to 205 of 205

Thread: Canadian Election

  1. #196
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Canadian Election

    Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    At this point I'd rather see Trudeau win with another majority just to see conservative heads explode all across Alberta. The attitudes in this province are beyond ridiculous.

    And yes... I'm a born and raised Albertan.
    I also would enjoy the ranting that would happen from my family and friends, to be honest. But I'd still rather see a minority government in some fashion.

  2. #197
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Re: Canadian Election

    Well. Pipelines donít go through your backyard. They go through public or company owned land.

    More market access = better prices = more revenue = more royalties = more money for all of Canada.

  3. #198
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Canadian Election

    Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Well. Pipelines donít go through your backyard. They go through public or company owned land.

    More market access = better prices = more revenue = more royalties = more money for all of Canada.
    Um, what about the Indigenous land that something like Trans Mountain is/was slated to go right through? Or where the pipeline goes through a creek that leads through someone's backyard? This is the type of oversimplification that does no one any good.

    The truth of the matter is you have two sets of values that are at direct odds with one another.

  4. #199
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Re: Canadian Election

    Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Um, what about the Indigenous land that something like Trans Mountain is/was slated to go right through? Or where the pipeline goes through a creek that leads through someone's backyard? This is the type of oversimplification that does no one any good.

    The truth of the matter is you have two sets of values that are at direct odds with one another.
    Yes. This is the type of oversimplification that does no one any good. How self aware of you.

  5. #200
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Re: Canadian Election

    My values are completely aligned, because I actually understand the industry I’m talking about.

  6. #201
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Canadian Election

    Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Yes. This is the type of oversimplification that does no one any good. How self aware of you.
    I don't know what point you're trying to make. Sorry.

  7. #202
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Re: Canadian Election

    Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    My values are completely aligned, because I actually understand the industry I’m talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I don't know what point you're trying to make. Sorry.
    I know that.

  8. #203
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Canadian Election

    Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I know that.
    I was truly trying to engage you in discussion. Not everyone here is trying to be antagonistic.

  9. #204
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: Canadian Election

    Scheer finally released his platform. Looks a lot like what Doug Ford is doing in Ontario with lots of serious cuts to infrastructure. That's working well for Ford.


    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Gusev, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Burns, Zuccarello, JBoqvist, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Necas, Yandle, Point, Konecny, TBertuzzi, NSchmaltz, Vrana

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  10. #205
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Canadian Election

    Well. Voted Green party for the first time ever. They are not coloured blue so they wont win here but did my 5 minutes of token duty for whatever that is worth. Back to more important things!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •