Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Canadian Election

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    At this point I'd rather see Trudeau win with another majority just to see conservative heads explode all across Alberta. The attitudes in this province are beyond ridiculous.

And yes... I'm a born and raised Albertan.
    I also would enjoy the ranting that would happen from my family and friends, to be honest. But I'd still rather see a minority government in some fashion.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Well. Pipelines don’t go through your backyard. They go through public or company owned land.

More market access = better prices = more revenue = more royalties = more money for all of Canada.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Well. Pipelines don’t go through your backyard. They go through public or company owned land.

More market access = better prices = more revenue = more royalties = more money for all of Canada.
    Um, what about the Indigenous land that something like Trans Mountain is/was slated to go right through? Or where the pipeline goes through a creek that leads through someone's backyard? This is the type of oversimplification that does no one any good.

The truth of the matter is you have two sets of values that are at direct odds with one another.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Um, what about the Indigenous land that something like Trans Mountain is/was slated to go right through? Or where the pipeline goes through a creek that leads through someone's backyard? This is the type of oversimplification that does no one any good.

The truth of the matter is you have two sets of values that are at direct odds with one another.
    Yes. This is the type of oversimplification that does no one any good. How self aware of you.

My values are completely aligned, because I actually understand the industry I’m talking about.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yes. This is the type of oversimplification that does no one any good. How self aware of you.
    I don't know what point you're trying to make. Sorry.

My values are completely aligned, because I actually understand the industry I’m talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I don't know what point you're trying to make. Sorry.
    I know that.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I know that.
    I was truly trying to engage you in discussion. Not everyone here is trying to be antagonistic.

Dobber Sports Deity

Scheer finally released his platform. Looks a lot like what Doug Ford is doing in Ontario with lots of serious cuts to infrastructure. That's working well for Ford.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well. Voted Green party for the first time ever. They are not coloured blue so they wont win here but did my 5 minutes of token duty for whatever that is worth. Back to more important things!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Does all this discussion on a coalition... change your vote? Strengthen your vote? Scare you? make you happy?

Dobber Sports Deity

It doesn't change my vote, and I'm going to assume Scheer is the one who needs to be worried unless he wins a majority. That doesn't seem likely at this point though.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It doesn't change my vote, and I'm going to assume Scheer is the one who needs to be worried unless he wins a majority. That doesn't seem likely at this point though.
    Yes Scheer is the one who needs to worry when it comes to the 'power'

But do we as Canadians need to worry?

Obviously the leader of the coalition will not be the leader of the party that received the most votes by Canadians...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Conservatives want to cut in subventions program for company.
    I'm working as a financial manager and I'm really happy to see that
    I know subventions help company to develop but it's excessive with over 2000 "subventions" (if I combine Quebec and Canada government)

Dobber Sports Padawan

I just find it remarkable that Trudeau is still neck and neck with Scheer. I guess it's a combination of liberal hypocrisy plus an obvious distrust of Scheer from the center/undecided folks.
    It's too bad really - a clear opportunity missed for the Conservatives by allowing this (generally) unlikable fellow to rise to the top somehow.
    He got my vote, but it's sure undeniable that he rubs many people the wrong way.