Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports Star

Default Canadian Election

Did everybody watch the debate? Scheer looked hateful and all he was concerned with was smearing Trudeau. Trudeau did fairly well but looked to be Playing defense all night. Singh looked so good and focused. Sadly for me, he won't win the election, so because of strategic voting, somebody less deserving will get my vote.

How everyone feel about the debate?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Canadian Election

Singh was the only one who SEEMED to want to put Canada first. Everyone else looked liked their agenda was more "I gotta make them look worse", or "I gotta just not look bad".

Singh is sadly just in a party that is hard pressed to win. I was only upset they gave air time to that Maxime Bernier d!ckhead. The ink used to write his name is a waste let alone him.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

Actions speak louder than words so I really don't care for the debates.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Scheer looked hateful and all he was concerned with was smearing Trudeau.
    Rylant
    That is pretty much right out of the conservative playbook, to attack and disparage your opponent. It seems conservative leaders can only define their positions based on who the 'other guy' is. Shows how much little substance and conviction they have in their own election platforms. Trump has definitely taken this to the gutter level.

Not to say that other parties don't do this but conservatives of all stripes definitely make it their go to strategy, its easy to do and has a good track record. Wouldn't it be great if we could all apply for a job and instead of promoting your experience and own self worth you just get to run down and out right attack all other prospective job applicants?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Strategic voting is a bigger miscarriage of your democratic responsibility than not voting.

It also doesn't matter. The Canadian electoral system is hilariously broken.

Dobber Sports Deity

I watched the whole debate and I will agree that Mr Singh came out of that debate as the winner for me. That being said, it's easy to win a debate when you can go on the offense and not have to worry about defending much, which was clearly the case for him. He did do well though. Much like when Jack Layton was their leader, it wont matter much, even if he did well on the debate. A couple provinces have had NDP leadership (NS included, where I am) and it didn't go too well. I didn't vote NDP back then and I sure am not voting NDP this time, even if I like Mr Singh.

I personally cannot stand Scheer. He's a smug little man who spends more time talking about Trudeau than what he will do for me. I truly wish that Rhona Ambrose had stayed on as Conservative leader. I really liked her and if she was still there as leader, this race would probably already be over. I think it's Scheer himself who's keeping this race close, and I don't mean that in a good way. Who doesn't have a platform out with two weeks before the election? Oh ya, Scheer. So basically he's just spewing crap left right and center. We have nothing in writing from him. And I agree with Elizabeth May when she told him last night that the 25% Foreign Spending cuts is the worst part of his "platform". I hate the idea of sending tax payers money out to other countries, but it's a necessary evil in the global market. We are already well below our expected amount going out and he wants to cut more? Trump 2.0 and it scares the hell out of me if he gets in.

Trudeau is a turd. While he's kept a big chunk of his promises, he's also fallen short on so many other things. What he really needs to do is look into the camera, tell Canadians he messed up on some things and he will do better. I truly believe most Canadians want him to be successful in running this country and are forgiving. Hard to say if they will forgive for the past four years or not.

I am really undecided on my vote. I know who I am NOT giving it to, but really struggling on who to give it to. I don't like any of them. I don't trust any of them. This is not good.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I watched the whole debate and I will agree that Mr Singh came out of that debate as the winner for me. That being said, it's easy to win a debate when you can go on the offense and not have to worry about defending much, which was clearly the case for him. He did do well though. Much like when Jack Layton was their leader, it wont matter much, even if he did well on the debate. A couple provinces have had NDP leadership (NS included, where I am) and it didn't go too well. I didn't vote NDP back then and I sure am not voting NDP this time, even if I like Mr Singh.

I personally cannot stand Scheer. He's a smug little man who spends more time talking about Trudeau than what he will do for me. I truly wish that Rhona Ambrose had stayed on as Conservative leader. I really liked her and if she was still there as leader, this race would probably already be over. I think it's Scheer himself who's keeping this race close, and I don't mean that in a good way. Who doesn't have a platform out with two weeks before the election? Oh ya, Scheer. So basically he's just spewing crap left right and center. We have nothing in writing from him. And I agree with Elizabeth May when she told him last night that the 25% Foreign Spending cuts is the worst part of his "platform". I hate the idea of sending tax payers money out to other countries, but it's a necessary evil in the global market. We are already well below our expected amount going out and he wants to cut more? Trump 2.0 and it scares the hell out of me if he gets in.

Trudeau is a turd. While he's kept a big chunk of his promises, he's also fallen short on so many other things. What he really needs to do is look into the camera, tell Canadians he messed up on some things and he will do better. I truly believe most Canadians want him to be successful in running this country and are forgiving. Hard to say if they will forgive for the past four years or not.

I am really undecided on my vote. I know who I am NOT giving it to, but really struggling on who to give it to. I don't like any of them. I don't trust any of them. This is not good.
    You summarize a lot of what Canadians people think.
    I'm from Quebec and I would say that a lot of people will lean to the "Bloc Québécois" because of this situation (not my case, being a federalist)

I'm a conservative and will probably vote for them "by default" because of their economical point of view (but disagree with their right point of view of abortion, immigration, etc)
    I just can't vote for Trudeau because he is a big joke and is putting us in a lot of debt in the last 4 years in a "good" economical period. What will happen in a recession?!? I really don't care about his "blackface-gate" but will never forget him for the SNC Lavalin scandal, it's a criminal situation and he must be accountable for that.
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ACC90 View Post
    You summarize a lot of what Canadians people think.
    I'm from Quebec and I would say that a lot of people will lean to the "Bloc Québécois" because of this situation (not my case, being a federalist)

I'm a conservative and will probably vote for them "by default" because of their economical point of view (but disagree with their right point of view of abortion, immigration, etc)
    I just can't vote for Trudeau because he is a big joke and is putting us in a lot of debt in the last 4 years in a "good" economical period. What will happen in a recession?!? I really don't care about his "blackface-gate" but will never forget him for the SNC Lavalin scandal, it's a criminal situation and he must be accountable for that.
    Actually, it was unethical, not criminal. Big difference. He broke ethics laws, not criminal ones.

I previously voted Liberal mainly because Scott Brison was a very good representative for my area. Now that he's retired, I have no idea who I will vote for. I am not a die hard Liberal or Conservative. Over my 30 years of voting, I have voted for both parties depending on what the information before me had going on. It's tough this time around.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Strategic voting is a bigger miscarriage of your democratic responsibility than not voting.

It also doesn't matter. The Canadian electoral system is hilariously broken.
    I agree that the system doesn't work well. You seem To love to sit back and toss out your hilarious jabs and barbs while offering little substance as what might actually help. So, what's the alternative?

Rylant

Well. Not employing strategic voting and betraying your own responsibilities would be a good start.

Dobber Sports Star

L... O... L...

Throughout the years you have said some truly absurd things. Please enlighten me. How is strategic voting betraying my own responsibilities?

Rylant

It's fairly obvious, so,

Administrator

The reality:

1) You can choose to vote, or not to vote
    2) If you choose to vote you can vote for whoever you want, for whatever reason you choose

Different people will see the world differently. Your beliefs are not the be all and end all.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Actually, it was unethical, not criminal. Big difference. He broke ethics laws, not criminal ones.

I previously voted Liberal mainly because Scott Brison was a very good representative for my area. Now that he's retired, I have no idea who I will vote for. I am not a die hard Liberal or Conservative. Over my 30 years of voting, I have voted for both parties depending on what the information before me had going on. It's tough this time around.
    I agree that it's more unethical than criminal, but it's borderline corruption without receiving money.
    I'm also aware that he is probably not the first that did that.
    Also, the fact that the liberals blocked an investigation from the RCMP is something that we don't discuss in this campaign
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

I am only 13 years old so I cannot vote but in my 8th grade Government class we are having a vote. I can't vote for Scheer because I think he is mean and nasty. I will either vote for Trudeau or Singh.