Default Re: Canadian Election

People love reality TV so the drama shitshow will continue. #ratings

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    This would be awesome. However.. no one is brave enough to be the first to do it. And we as citizens are to blaim. We believe too much of what we see and we will just believe that if there is nothing bad said about one party than there must not be anything bad about that party.

Example... if Party X decided to run a campaign with ZERO attack adds... then there wouldn't be anything negative said against Party Y... and citizens would assume that means that Party Y is lead by Mr. Clean.

I would love to see if the political run was all about what our party is going to do and all the positives the party can bring. more Glass half full rather than half empty!
    Exactly. Lawmakers could always do something about it, but you are right, they never will.

Also, those who simply get their "media" from social media and memes is so under-educated it's both sad and scary. There are so many who fall under that category too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yes everything start with the education of citizen.
    We vote for a party who promise a lot of thing but we don't care who's going to pay for that.

My ideal would be that we vote for 2 things :
    1) How much in tax income we are willing to give to government to cover all public services (30%, 40%, 50%, etc)
    2) How much of the total budget we will give to each principal services (Health, Education, Infrastructure, Finance, etc)

I know it's impossible to proceed by that, but it's the best way to have a balance budget
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ACC90 View Post
    Yes everything start with the education of citizen.
    We vote for a party who promise a lot of thing but we don't care who's going to pay for that.

My ideal would be that we vote for 2 things :
    1) How much in tax income we are willing to give to government to cover all public services (30%, 40%, 50%, etc)
    2) How much of the total budget we will give to each principal services (Health, Education, Infrastructure, Finance, etc)

I know it's impossible to proceed by that, but it's the best way to have a balance budget
    True Democracy here... vote for every decision instead of someone to make the decisions!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

True Democracy here... vote for every decision instead of someone to make the decisions!
    That's why I said it's impossible, because the "administrative cost" for consulting the population for every major decision would be so expensive.
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,

Lundkvist

That's why I said it's impossible, because the "administrative cost" for consulting the population for every major decision would be so expensive.
    I know I agree it would be impossible... but it would be a better option then the options we are voting for right now!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

I also don't want most people to be voting on those topics directly since most of us (myself included) are not educated enough to even have any idea as to what is best.

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is going to be such an interesting election.

It could go any number of ways, from a Liberal Minority with some NDP support, to a Conservative minority with the Bloc supporting them. Should be fun to see what happens!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I can't see the Bloc and Conservatives forming any sort of common front - too far apart on the climate / Alberta stance.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Hooker View Post
    I can't see the Bloc and Conservatives forming any sort of common front - too far apart on the climate / Alberta stance.
    Quebec is always for Quebec. If the conservatives greased their wheels a bit they would have no problem working with them.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Quote Originally Posted by Hooker View Post
    But do these take a back seat to what the two parties see as a bigger issue... another 4 years of Trudeau? Or a Liberal/NDP combination?

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

But do these take a back seat to what the two parties see as a bigger issue... another 4 years of Trudeau? Or a Liberal/NDP combination?
    Liberals will get first crack at forming government, even if the CPC get the most seats, though historically that doesn't generally happen.

If the Liberals + NDP get to 170, but the CPC have the most overall seats then things could get really interesting/ugly.

The Bloc has said they will give their support on a case by case basis, but who knows what that actually looks like in reality. Maybe they are willing to work with the CPC if they don't axe the carbon tax, but then that's one of their biggest selling features to their supporters, so who knows.

It's going to be interesting.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Liberals will get first crack at forming government, even if the CPC get the most seats, though historically that doesn't generally happen.

If the Liberals + NDP get to 170, but the CPC have the most overall seats then things could get really interesting/ugly.

The Bloc has said they will give their support on a case by case basis, but who knows what that actually looks like in reality. Maybe they are willing to work with the CPC if they don't axe the carbon tax, but then that's one of their biggest selling features to their supporters, so who knows.

It's going to be interesting.
    Things get ugly then we head to another snap election

Majority elected governments get lazy and entitled. Minority governments need to show true leadership and COMPROMISE to get things done and I think Canada as a whole needs a dose of minority government rule for a while.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Things get ugly then we head to another snap election

Majority elected governments get lazy and entitled. Minority governments need to show true leadership and COMPROMISE to get things done and I think Canada as a whole needs a dose of minority government rule for a while.
    Yeah, you could be right. A quick election would be crappy as well since smaller parties just don't have the funds for a quick turnaround like that. Seriously, first past the post just sucks. But most people know that.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post

What a shame from Liberals and NPD, they are crying and threating everyone with their coalition even if the Conservatives win legitely.
    The Bloc would have the balance of power and by giving their support case by case, they will be the biggest winner of this election
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

Lundkvist