Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Canadian Election

The next one-on-one interview with Scheer, I wonder if he says something like "In the next race I'm sure I could beat him again..." You know, because of the overall vote count.
    I certainly hope he doesn't do that, as it would be pretty pathetic. Can't imagine a politician actually going on tv after losing an election and claiming they won anyway. What kind of delusion would that be?

Anyway, I'm not so sure Scheer is finished.
    +26 Seat change and won the popular vote.
    And they know, or should know, that if they oust him the party will be vulnerable - Trudeau will call an election and get his majority back (that isn't my prediction - that's just some of the stuff I've read out there from various sources).

I try to be glass half full as much as possible, and as much as I hate Trudeau, at least he's shown that he does want to proceed with Trans Mountain. That's a big positive.
    So say what you will about him, at least he's not completely incompetent.

Dobber Sports Titan

Andrew Scheer's public image was what tainted him because his stuff was more recent (anti-gay marriage, abortion, immigration) and a real issue than Justin Trudeau doing something in the past. Just a guess though.

Oh well, here's to hoping the cell phone plans lower in price soon.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I voted for a guy who got 109 votes. I hope he appreciates me choosing him over declining my ballot.
    I voted Green in Alberta, so I hear ya...haha

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ACC90 View Post
    Ironic that you point out in the first sentence how Conservatives don't know how economy work and in the second sentence you mention that an Olympian won as a deputee.
    Good joke

- - - Updated - - -
    Don't know what you're getting at but I said the Olympian BEAT the deputy leader and took her riding, not that he won as the deputy leader...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I voted Green in Alberta, so I hear ya...haha
    Good for you for leaving your water polo match (game, set or whatever they call it) and voting! Proud of you.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Good for you for leaving your water polo match (game, set or whatever they call it) and voting! Proud of you.
    Haha thanks.

I...am your father.

I jumped in here expecting a train wreck.

Kudos to the community here for keeping it civil!

I hope all parties take a good look at their platforms and image and adjust accordingly. I think the people made it pretty clear that they weren't happy with any of them.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Sage

Nice job fellas.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Nice to see Bernier lose his seat. PPC was an alt-right troll disaster. Glad they’ve had that opportunity squashed; Canada does not need that nonsense. 1.8% of the vote and no seats also suggests this is not a guy that should be getting a seat at the grownups table for televised debates in the future.

u mad, max?
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ACC90 View Post

So you would vote for Conservatives if they put a Liberals leader?
    Not all conservatives have regressive beliefs regarding a woman's right to choose and gay rights. Not all conservatives have such a difficulty with honesty and transparency.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Not all conservatives have regressive beliefs regarding a woman's right to choose and gay rights. Not all conservatives have such a difficulty with honesty and transparency.
    Indeed.
    In fact, most Conservatives support gay rights and a woman's right to choose.
    But there's always a line in the sand. And the majority of Conservatives aren't afraid to draw it, despite the backlash they receive.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    But the next conservative leader will have to properly address what will be done about mitigating climate change. Not dancing around the issue while hoping a sunset industry like the oil/energy sector can make a price comeback and everything can be pre 2008 again. That pipeline expansion should have been built 25 years ago...building it now won't reconcile were the energy market is headed very quickly over the next 10 years.

Dobber Sports Star

Interesting breakdown of the percentage of total vote for each party, versus percentage of total seats for each party.

Party--------------------Percentage of total Vote----------------Percentage of Seats
    Liberal--------------------------33.76-----------------------------------------45.99
    Conservative-------------------35.38----------------------------------------36.20
    Bloc-------------------------------8.20------------------------------------------9.50
    NDP-----------------------------16.19------------------------------------------7.42
    Green----------------------------6.47------------------------------------------0.89

So, the Conservatives got the most votes, but ended up with 9 percent less seats than the Liberals. The NDP ended up with over 16 percent of the total votes, with only 7.4 percent of the seats and the Green Party ended up with 6.4 percent of the votes with less than 1 percent of the total seats.

Definitely an argument to be made for electoral reform.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    But the next conservative leader will have to properly address what will be done about mitigating climate change. Not dancing around the issue while hoping a sunset industry like the oil/energy sector can make a price comeback and everything can be pre 2008 again. That pipeline expansion should have been built 25 years ago...building it now won't reconcile were the energy market is headed very quickly over the next 10 years.
    The Conservatives actually had some decent ideas on mitigating climate change in their platform. Unfortunately, for me, it was all wiped out when they decided to take a giant step back by eliminating the carbon tax - which in my opinion is a fantastic tool and if anything, needs to be ramped up even more.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    The energy market isn't changing nearly that quickly. The first world energy market? Sure. That's a pretty small percentage of energy usage over the next 50 years.