Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Canadian Election

Quote Originally Posted by Hooker View Post
    One main issue I have with "the left" is being labelled a neanderthal climate denier upon stating that I'm conservative.

Two other points.
    1. I find it shameful and frankly irresponsible that extremists/climate alarmists (I'm specifically referring to we'll all be extinct in 10 years! people) that get the air time they do.
    2. If point 1 were really true, why are the same people so vehemently opposed to nuclear?
    Has someone called you a climate change denier neanderthal because you identified yourself as conservative? It's certainly possible (and in fact necessary) for conservatives to get on board so that would obviously be counterproductive for climate change activists. They'd probably take issue with someone who is opposed to doing anything about it though.

as for your 2 points

1. I have never heard anyone say that we'll be extinct in 10 years and I follow this stuff pretty closely. the IPCC and the Paris Agreement targets have been using a 10-year model for cutting carbon emissions by a certain amount to limit climate change to 1.5 to 2 degrees. They feel this is possible and would mitigate some of some of the worst consequences of climate change, which gets worse and worse without cutting emissions significantly right now. The position that supports acting immediately to mitigate climate change does not represent an extreme position. It represents near consensus among the scientific community, as well as world leaders from almost 200 countries (who all signed on to the Paris Agreement). Irresponsible and shameful is looking at the available information and data, all of which reflects the work of the most knowledgeable and capable people we have on this topic, and choosing to ignore it. Who exactly do people need to hear it from before they take it seriously? Because anyone that knows anything about it is already telling it, and given what we know, it would be irresponsible and shameful to NOT use airtime on this issue.

2. They aren't all opposed to nuclear. Some are, yes, but nuclear comes up frequently as a possible alternative to coal and gas plants in this conversation. That said nuclear has problems of its own. it's extremely expensive by comparison to solar and wind, and comes with concerns about safety and waste disposal. When nuclear goes wrong the consequences are horrible. But rest assured people do discuss nuclear as part of the solution.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Thank you Hoopo, for reminding me of another overused sneaky tactic by the left... false equivalency.
    these words do not mean what you think they mean
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports All-Star

In regard to climate change, the only people not on board are either hoodwinked by fake media or getting paid to shill a false narrative.

Even the CEO of Suncor denounces climate change deniers and the politicians who cater to them.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...iers-1.4694549
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Padawan

Oh boy, poor Joe Bowen, voice of the Leafs, made the mistake of admitting on twitter that he is voting conservative.
    And the lefties are sure ripping into him. Sad to see, albeit very typical.

I just heard that advanced voter turnout has been excellent so far, which is very encouraging. People seem fed up with status quo, as they should be.

#PrimeMinisterAndrewScheer
    #TimeForChange
    #JustinWasNeverReady

Dobber Sports Ninja

Don't forget to vote on Monday.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Voter turnout doesn’t mean people are fed up with status quo and want change.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    And some of the world's greatest atrocities throughout mankind's history, have been in the name of Religion. Many current and past religious systems are in amongst the most corrupt of all time. I am VERY ok with less religion...

Rylant
    Exactly right sir. Religion poisons everything. Faith, the belief in something without proof is not a virtue.
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson

Dobber Sports Icon

Wow... the vitriol in this thread is disgusting. I skimmed through the last few pages and that was more than enough for me.

I’ll just leave this reminder here. You don’t have to vote liberal or conservative on Monday. There are other viable choices out there. I can’t count the number of people who have told me they are voting Liberal because they don’t want Scheer to get in or are voting conservative because they hate Trudeau. Newsflash guys, you are exactly what’s wrong with democracy.

Go out and vote for the NDP or Green (or the pirate party or rhinoceros party if you really want). Sure those parties aren’t without their warts but they pretty much can’t do any worse than the Red-Blue back and forth we’ve had for the entire history of our government.

For the record... I’ve never voted for a party, I’ve always spoiled my ballot. But given that they still fail to release those numbers to the public, this year I’m voting Green for two reasons. 1- They are the most likely to finally proceed with electoral reform. 2- Even though they are likely to destroy our economy, they will take action on the climate crisis. A strong economy isn’t going to do us any good without a planet to live on.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Wow... the vitriol in this thread is disgusting. I skimmed through the last few pages and that was more than enough for me.

I’ll just leave this reminder here. You don’t have to vote liberal or conservative on Monday. There are other viable choices out there. I can’t count the number of people who have told me they are voting Liberal because they don’t want Scheer to get in or are voting conservative because they hate Trudeau. Newsflash guys, you are exactly what’s wrong with democracy.

Go out and vote for the NDP or Green (or the pirate party or rhinoceros party if you really want). Sure those parties aren’t without their warts but they pretty much can’t do any worse than the Red-Blue back and forth we’ve had for the entire history of our government.

For the record... I’ve never voted for a party, I’ve always spoiled my ballot. But given that they still fail to release those numbers to the public, this year I’m voting Green for two reasons. 1- They are the most likely to finally proceed with electoral reform. 2- Even though they are likely to destroy our economy, they will take action on the climate crisis. A strong economy isn’t going to do us any good without a planet to live on.
    Speaking as someone who had NDP in power for 4 yrs running my province, they aren't any better. Darrell Dexter came into power in NS and after promising NOT to raise our taxes, it was one of many broken promises on his way to a one and done term. I didn't vote NDP back then and I won't again. Hearing Singh saying raising taxes wasn't an option brought back those old feelings from Dexter.

Unfortunately, if the other options from the "big two" parties aren't much better, you don't have much of a choice but to vote against instead of voting for. Our political "leader" options is in a sad state of affairs. Our political system is in a sad state of affairs. No one trusts anyone anymore because we've been lied too time and time again by party after party. Its hard to get behind ANY of the parties and leaders.

You want to be disgusted by something, be disgusted by that.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Don't forget to vote on Monday.
    Nah the same people will still be here arguing over nothing.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Arguements about the results start Tuesday LOL
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Arguements about the results start Tuesday LOL
    It'll go on and on, and people will get attacked for having opposing viewpoints because of course everyone's opinion is the absolute truth. Anything else is not possible. In the end NOTHING will be accomplished yet they'll keep coming back expecting the argument to somehow play out differently. I think there's a word for that...

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Speaking as someone who had NDP in power for 4 yrs running my province, they aren't any better. Darrell Dexter came into power in NS and after promising NOT to raise our taxes, it was one of many broken promises on his way to a one and done term. I didn't vote NDP back then and I won't again. Hearing Singh saying raising taxes wasn't an option brought back those old feelings from Dexter.

Unfortunately, if the other options from the "big two" parties aren't much better, you don't have much of a choice but to vote against instead of voting for. Our political "leader" options is in a sad state of affairs. Our political system is in a sad state of affairs. No one trusts anyone anymore because we've been lied too time and time again by party after party. Its hard to get behind ANY of the parties and leaders.

You want to be disgusted by something, be disgusted by that.
    The provincial and federal parties are completely different entities, not branches of the same organization. The former Liberal party in power in BC was VERY conservative, for example.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    And you'll still be here tsk tsking at us all. If only we could be as amazing as you.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    And you'll still be here tsk tsking at us all. If only we could be as amazing as you.
    Try harder.

tsk tsk