Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Samsonov

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Samsonov

Hutton should obviously be added asap

Big Daddy

I try to have a streamer spot open for both of my keeper teams but I have Samsonov occupying those spots right now. Hard to burn a roster spot on a backup goalie but he’s been pretty good so far while Holtby has not.

Dobber Sports Wizard

im not sure i ever seen goalie give up 3 goals and not have a sv% in the game....
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Watching yesterdays game was hard and I have a inkling that something is not right with Holtby. 3 shots and 3 goals and yeah some of which was the defense but a lot of it was him. The rest of the game basically Samsonov allowed 1 goal that was legit and another goal that he misplayed a pass. The last one was an empty net goal. Samsonov really didn't play that awful although he took the loss. I believe if Holtby has another horrible start in his next one there will be a lot more time in the net for Samsonov this early season.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish Meatball View Post
    Watching yesterdays game was hard and I have a inkling that something is not right with Holtby. 3 shots and 3 goals and yeah some of which was the defense but a lot of it was him. The rest of the game basically Samsonov allowed 1 goal that was legit and another goal that he misplayed a pass. The last one was an empty net goal. Samsonov really didn't play that awful although he took the loss. I believe if Holtby has another horrible start in his next one there will be a lot more time in the net for Samsonov this early season.
    Not sure it's that simple. The Caps are a legimate potential Cup winner. Samsonov has never been tested in the playoffs. Holtby has. The Caps need Holtby to be ready for the playoffs. Feeding Samsonov tons of regular season games, doesn't do that. Unless Samsonov can carry the load in the playoffs, then Holtby has to get games. If Samsonov is going to be the playoff goalie, then Holtby can safely be traded which I can't believe will happen.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by anthonybeaty View Post
    Not sure it's that simple. The Caps are a legimate potential Cup winner. Samsonov has never been tested in the playoffs. Holtby has. The Caps need Holtby to be ready for the playoffs. Feeding Samsonov tons of regular season games, doesn't do that. Unless Samsonov can carry the load in the playoffs, then Holtby has to get games. If Samsonov is going to be the playoff goalie, then Holtby can safely be traded which I can't believe will happen.
    100% agreed. The problem though I see is I think something is not right with Holtby right now. He seems slow when he goes across the crease and also down. Don't know if he is 100% or not.

Dobber Sports Novice

Did tonight change anything?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Drai McNuge View Post
    Did tonight change anything?
    I don't think it really did. Samsonov allowed 2 early goals and then settled down before allowing a pulled goalie PP late goal. He was decent enough to get the job done.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Does he have a concussion history. Sometimes guys have tough times with the lights in particular arenas. Not sure if either explanation here explains 3 goals on 3 shots but i don't think it's a mechanical/technical problem and he seems to be moving well.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish Meatball View Post
    I don't think it really did. Samsonov allowed 2 early goals and then settled down before allowing a pulled goalie PP late goal. He was decent enough to get the job done.
    Toronto was buzzing early with a lot of time in the Caps zone. Third goal was a toughie on an Ovie turnover right in the middle of the ice. Not sure Samsonov is ready for primetime but I'll ride him and team in front of him til Holtby rights the ship.