Thread: Schneider replacement... Outstanding..

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Schneider replacement... Outstanding..

So the title says it all.. Best available on wire for immediate replacement. I'll probably pick in top 5 for waivers Sunday night. Didn't wanna tie up my bench with Goalies but this could be a problem. Or is it? Have Rinne/Saros and Merzlikins to go forward with.

In any event, please rank the Goalies.

Blackwood
    Smith
    Hutton
    Quick
    Anderson
    Ullmark

Team and Cat's in Sig
    Thanks
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Keep 13-15 (Auction Draft)
    Start - 4C, 4 LW, 3RW, 6 D, 2G
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

C - Chytil, Geekie, Pageau, Rasmussen, Drury
    LW - Macelli, Hoglander, Greig, Knies
    RW - Joseph, Barabanov, Tuch, Tippet, O'Connor
    D - Harley, Vlasic, Moser, Perunovich, Liljegren, Boqvist
    G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System
    G, A, +-, PIM's, GAA, Sv%

Administrator

Default Re: Schneider replacement... Outstanding..

Blackwood
    Everyone else

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Blackwood/Smith are my choices from that list.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Blackwood, followed by Smith and Hutton if you can't grab him. As to whether it's work stashing that many goalies, that depends on what everyone else in your league is doing. With a 13-team league and those goalies available, it seems like most teams are only rostering 2? Is SV total saves or sv%. If it's total saves I don't see how it makes sense to roster Saros or Merzlikins (although worth waiting to see if he can run away with the starter's gig) instead of a number one goalie.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Swels Stewart View Post
    Blackwood, followed by Smith and Hutton if you can't grab him. As to whether it's work stashing that many goalies, that depends on what everyone else in your league is doing. With a 13-team league and those goalies available, it seems like most teams are only rostering 2? Is SV total saves or sv%. If it's total saves I don't see how it makes sense to roster Saros or Merzlikins (although worth waiting to see if he can run away with the starter's gig) instead of a number one goalie.

That was pretty much the list I was seeing as well. It doesn’t seem like anybody wants to touch Quick with a 10 foot pole. SV is saves yes, not save%. Most teams either have two starters and a back up or three starters. Very few teams are just running with two goalies. The saves build up quickly.

Great point about Saros and Merzlikins but like you said, have to see if Elvis grabs that job. I think I need to hold Saros to as he will spell Rinne to some degree this year and could possibly be the starter next year as we have keepers. However, you are right and I don’t want to carry four goalies.

If Merzlikins takes that job then I should be good to go and last night although not his fault, didn’t help Korpisalo. Not sure it will help Elvis either because I think Columbus is going to have a very hard time this year.