Thread: The State of my Goalies: It is a mess

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default The State of my Goalies: It is a mess

I just noticed that Craig Anderson is a free agent in my league. To even be thinking in this direction you know my Goalies must suck. Well they do. My current stable of Goalies are Varlamov, Howard, Mike Smith, Saros, and Francouz. My question is do I drop Francouz and add Craig Anderson to this mess thinking he will get more starts than Francouz or do I go with Francouz on a better team and fill him in when he plays on a much better team? My Goalie categories are Wins, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: The State of my Goalies: It is a mess

I don't think your G is that bad... For a non-keeper you don't need Francouz and I wouldn't add Anderson which will hurt ur Gaa and SV%.

Either drop Francouz or stand pat.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by gogoayane View Post
    I don't think your G is that bad... For a non-keeper you don't need Francouz and I wouldn't add Anderson which will hurt ur Gaa and SV%.

Either drop Francouz or stand pat.
    It is a Keeper League that keeps 15 which is half of the 30 that we roster.

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Initiate

Then I would just stand pat, although I'm not sure if Francouz would make your top 15.
    H2H 12-Team Keeper (8 + 4 rookies*) - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Larkin, RNH, Kuznetsov
    LW: Draisaitl, Keller, Meier, Lehkonen, Benn
    RW: DeBrincat, Reinhart, Boldy
    D: Q. Hughes, Weeger, Gudas, York, Andersson, Durzi
    G: Skinner*, Talbot, Allen, Stolarz, Wolf*
    IR+: Larkin, Trouba, Vilardi

H2H 12-Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    IR:
    G:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by gogoayane View Post
    Then I would just stand pat, although I'm not sure if Francouz would make your top 15.
    I doubt he would. I will see next Monday if there is a skater that would be a better fit and I will drop Francouz if that is the case. Thank You.

Dobber Sports Jedi

When Anderson is the #1 option... it's always the right answer to stay with what you have.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

1. Your goalies aren't that bad. You have a starter (Howard), 2 1A tandem halves (Varlamov, Smith), a tandem backup is who is very good (Saros), and a backup who has looked solid so far behind an starter who has never carried the full load (Francouz)

2. You don't have saves, which is where G-OTT has shone brightest the last few years.

3. The goalie you want in Ottawa in a deep keeper, if any, isn't Anderson, it's Nilsson. He's under contract for longer, and played well enough last year to get an extension at more than a veteran minimum number - from Ottawa.

I would hold for 2 weeks to see what happens in Colorado, Edmonton (Smith started opener), and Long Island.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

i agree your not as bad a goal as you think and Anderson is not going to help you at all stand pat and if you have a hot skater drop Francouz for them

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by redwing401959 View Post
    i agree your not as bad a goal as you think and Anderson is not going to help you at all stand pat and if you have a hot skater drop Francouz for them
    If I drop Francouz it would be for depth. Right now I have 8 skaters that can fill in any night at the Center postion, 8 at LW, and 8 at RW. I have 7 at D. I could drop Francouz for depth at the D position and one guy is kind of intriguing in Vegas since Nate Schmidt is injured and that is Jon Merrill. I could get him and have him until the D I am actually waiting for is ready and that is Michal Kempny.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

that would work also and i think that would be more of a benefit to your team than having 5 goalies

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by redwing401959 View Post
    that would work also and i think that would be more of a benefit to your team than having 5 goalies
    I think I am going to do just that coming the beginning of the 2nd week of fantasy play.