Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nashville Lines

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Nashville Lines

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Fair, though if he was on PP1, it would be at the expense of Arvidsson, and I'm not sure either him or Forsberg would succeed in taking over that net-front role.
    Isn't Duchene the net front presence on PP1 to start?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What combination of players are being deployed on PP2 in Nashville?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Isn't Duchene the net front presence on PP1 to start?
    I think him and Arvie are both down low, but I could be wrong. Either way, from what I could find, Forsberg and Granlund play the same spot on the PP, so the style would change if they were on the same unit.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

Forsberg is a right handed shot and Granlund is left. For purely selfish reasons I hope Granlund gets a shot. I could see them on opposite side walls. Arvidsson would likely be the one that suffered.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Forsberg is a right handed shot and Granlund is left. For purely selfish reasons I hope Granlund gets a shot. I could see them on opposite side walls. Arvidsson would likely be the one that suffered.
    If you do that you're taking Johansen out of his puck control wheelhouse haha.
    However it all shakes out, I'm just hoping it's more efficient than last year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    What do we think Granlunds upside is without pp1 time? I was optimistic for a bounce back with him but that included being on the top power play.

Bonus if he sticks with forsberg and Duchene but I think he needs pp1 to get 65+.
    My exact question- and this is where savvy poolies can make the most gains I think- outside of FF but if you dont have him already its too late- lol! Without pp1 I think 60 is a hard cap and Im not even sure he gets there- probably closer to 55. that being said I think if he does click on that "topline(?)"- he probably gets cycled onto pp1 periodically- they generally like to keep linemates together on the pp where possible. At least some time on the top pp...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    My exact question- and this is where savvy poolies can make the most gains I think- outside of FF but if you dont have him already its too late- lol! Without pp1 I think 60 is a hard cap and Im not even sure he gets there- probably closer to 55. that being said I think if he does click on that "topline(?)"- he probably gets cycled onto pp1 periodically- they generally like to keep linemates together on the pp where possible. At least some time on the top pp...

oopsies!! Considering he got 54 last season Ill say 60- haha! If he does cycle up on to the pp1 at times ill say he can get back to his 70ish totals from 2 years ago...

The Great One

Im also starting to think Arvidsson is one of those guys whose voracious hunger to get better will mean he plays "above his head" for most of his career. If you look at his goal scoring pace last year your first reaction is that his shooting percentage is out of line and/or that he feasted on the powerplay. Shooting percentage was high but not exorbitantly and being a sog volume guy helps counteract those losses. Then you look at the powerplay numbers 9, 8, and 4 over the last 3 seasons- lol! A player of his calliber should be netting 25-30 a year. I think its only a matter of time, having the right epiphany, or getting the right coach in before he starts to implement more pace, puck patience, and cycling in his powerplay work. I know his playstyle is predicated on speed and ripping it off the wing but he strikes me as a smart player and I think eventually he intergrates those elements. Some players just get better and better- the competetive drive just doesn shut off- the greats have it and sometimes I think the "very goods" have it as well. I like at Marchand without all the ratty/face licky qualities. He was on pace for 70 last year- adding 15 powerplay points which is a big jump for anybody but not world beating i wouldnt say- gets him right up to a goal heavy 85. thats one heck of an asset. Adding Duchenes speed- getting that breakout from FF weve all beeen waiting for- those things could easily add secondary assists from there. Im just saying- I think you could get him for the price of a "very good" player and you might end up with a great one. /Endrant