Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Buff - worth holding a roster spot?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Buff - worth holding a roster spot?

Does anyone concur or are you still willing to hold on to Buff?
    H2H weekly matchups | 12 teams | 2C • 3W • 3D • 1UTIL • 2G • 3BN • 2IR+ | 3 weekly moves

Scoring | 4G, 3A, 0.3+/-, 1PPP, 5SHG, 3SHA, 3GWG, 0.4SOG, 0.2FW, -0.2FL, 0.3HIT, 0.3BLK | 4W, -1GA, 0.25SV, 6SHO

ROSTER:
    (C,W) Stamkos, Giroux
    (C) Barkov, Couturier
    (W) M.Tkachuk, Konecny, Svechnikov, Caufield
    (D) Josi, Morrissey, Theodore, Sanderson
    (G) Bobrovsky, Husso
    (IR+) Vasilevskiy, Matheson

Record: 2-1-0

Dobber Sports Grand Master

In a one year league drop him like he's already retired.

If he really didn't skate or work out at all in the offseason, he's going to need time getting up to speed if he decides to come back.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

i am losing hope as each day passes. it is harder for me in a multicat salary keeper league. Cant trade him because of the 7.6m salary. Hard to keep him on the bench eating up 7.6m in salary cap. Yet, if he does return, he is a multicat monster.
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
    i am losing hope as each day passes. it is harder for me in a multicat salary keeper league. Cant trade him because of the 7.6m salary. Hard to keep him on the bench eating up 7.6m in salary cap. Yet, if he does return, he is a multicat monster.
    I dropped him a couple of days ago. He can't be put in IR and I couldn't justify keeping a roster spot tied up for an extended period of time.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Superstar

Not sure if this is good news, or bad news, or news at all... From Friedman's 31 thoughts:

Ben Hankinson, who represents Dustin Byfuglien, warns “not to jump to any conclusions” about the defence man’s future. I’ve heard the Jets have to work to convince Byfuglien to return, but Hankinson said this is going to take some time before we know one way or the other. Winnipeg is clearly hoping he gets bitten by the hockey bug and decides to return. The health of his ankle likely determines all of this.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Not sure if this is good news, or bad news, or news at all... From Friedman's 31 thoughts:
    Yep, I quoted that last night in thread and the reason for bumping it.

And to the previous posters, yea I have to agree. Will be dropping Buff Sunday night as I’m out of moves. Shattenkirk and Bertuzzi are still available so I’m hopeful they last the week!
    H2H weekly matchups | 12 teams | 2C • 3W • 3D • 1UTIL • 2G • 3BN • 2IR+ | 3 weekly moves

Scoring | 4G, 3A, 0.3+/-, 1PPP, 5SHG, 3SHA, 3GWG, 0.4SOG, 0.2FW, -0.2FL, 0.3HIT, 0.3BLK | 4W, -1GA, 0.25SV, 6SHO

ROSTER:
    (C,W) Stamkos, Giroux
    (C) Barkov, Couturier
    (G) Bobrovsky, Husso

I really think if there is a defencemen that you like on the WW that you can put right in your line up and move forward than dump him.

https://twitter.com/tsnhockey/status...402528256?s=21
    “There’s a growing sense of optimism that Dustin Byfuglien may, in fact, return to the Winnipeg Jets. Now, clearly there’s nothing official, there’s no guarantee, there’s no timeline on when Byfuglien might return and you’re not going to get the Jets to confirm nor deny. It’s just a sense that he’s more likely to return than not. Which is saying something considering all the speculation over the last few weeks. Despite the concerns though over the time missed he would be a welcome addition to a very inexperienced Jets blueline but I’m thinking from a Jets perspective time will tell.”

...from Dreger so take it for what it’s worth. He does “report” some of the most generic things out there and this doesn’t seem any different. If anything, this at least comes as a positive sign. And who knows how long it’d take for Buff to get in game shape, could be 2 months for all we know. I’d say bare minimum 1 month.

ROSTER:
    (C,W) Stamkos, Giroux
    (C) Barkov, Couturier
    (G) Bobrovsky, Husso

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Just heard that although no set time for a return for Buff there just might be some progress in the talks.

Dobber Sports Ace

Bumping this to see who is still holding and who is bailing given the recent developments (ankle surgery, potential arbitration/dispute with WPG). And if you're dropping or have dropped, what size is your league?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't have him, but he's been dropped in a points-only dynasty league with 330 players rostered starting 12F, 6 D on 10 teams, and held in a multi-cat league with 900 players rostered starting 12 F, 6 D with 12 teams. The latter isn't really surprising.

If I had him in that second league, I actually would think about holding him, just because of league size.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I don't have him, but he's been dropped in a points-only dynasty league with 330 players rostered starting 12F, 6 D on 10 teams, and held in a multi-cat league with 900 players rostered starting 12 F, 6 D with 12 teams. The latter isn't really surprising.

If I had him in that second league, I actually would think about holding him, just because of league size.

The league in question is sort of in between those two. Multicat dynasty starting 6F 4D daily with 12 teams, ~350 players rostered. I should probably bail as it's likely the wasted bench spot will cost me match ups, be there is a bonus for D points in this league and he's just so epic in this format if he plays that it makes it a tough call..

Edit: I should add Nate Schmidt is currently available as a replacement. Would you make that swap?

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd make the swap. Unless your league have a N/A free spot, no reason to hold onto him for a one year league.
    H2H 12-Team Keeper (8 + 4 rookies*) - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Larkin, RNH, Kuznetsov
    LW: Draisaitl, Keller, Meier, Lehkonen, Benn
    RW: DeBrincat, Reinhart, Boldy
    D: Q. Hughes, Weeger, Gudas, York, Andersson, Durzi
    G: Skinner*, Talbot, Allen, Stolarz, Wolf*
    IR+: Larkin, Trouba, Vilardi

H2H 12-Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    IR:
    G: