Thread: Drop Mike Smith?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Drop Mike Smith?

OK, my Goalies are not great at all. I already am in the process of trying to grab Pavel Francouz and drop Pheonix Copley which I don't think is going to be an issue since he went undrafted, Now my question is should I also drop Mike Smith and pick up D Ethan Bear? This would leave my Goalies at Varlamov, Howard, Saros, and hopefully Francouz. My Defense would then be Yandle, Muzzin, Gostisbehere, Pulock, Girard, Brodie, Pesce, and Bear. Ethan Bear has been doing great and is going to make the team and it would be taking a flier on a much younger player. Please help and will rep.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Drop Mike Smith?

I think I'd hold Smith... Edm has a great off night schedule. He likely gains you a bunch of extra starts.
    A year too soon to grab Bear IMO... I doubt he sees any significant or consistent PP time
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Not sure either player really ends up moving the needle much this year, but it should be Bear with a greater impact to start the year before Persson comes back and Bear is sent down.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Smith over Bear by a whole lot. No reason to drop a goalie with a shot at a starting job against a guy who isn't entrenched for a rookie D who is unlikely to produce much.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.