Thread: Do I hold on to Korpisalo?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Do I hold on to Korpisalo?

I'm in a 12 team H2H league where there are a lot of goalie stats: W L GA GAA SV SV% SO all counted. For this reason pretty much all teams have 3 goalies, some have 4. My first two G picks were Rinne and Markstrom - but I missed the later tier G run, panic-picked Korpisalo, was mocked in the draft chat, and now am questioning it pretty hard. Do I:

-Stick with Korpisalo since it sounds like he'll get the most starts, and the CBJ system is usually pretty kind to their goalies
    -Drop him for Saros, giving me a quality tandem with Rinne but not doing as well in the counting stats like wins and saves
    -Go with another option - Howard, Talbot, Anderson are available

Help!
    9 Team Keeper, Start 6F, 3C, 4D, 1G
    F- Panarin, Tavares, Aho, Lindholm, Hertl, Larkin, Miller, Lafreniere, Tatar, Meier
    D- Hedman, Hamilton, Fox, Pulock
    G- Rask

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Do I hold on to Korpisalo?

Given the amount of goalie categories, I would definitely pick up Saros to handcuff Rinne. You can consider adding Howard also if there's room.

All your stats should be safer with Rinne and Saros throughout the year, and Markstrom / Howard can be for spot starts (or bench the risky games like vs Tampa).
    H2H 12-Team Keeper (8 + 4 rookies*) - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Larkin, RNH, Kuznetsov
    LW: Draisaitl, Keller, Meier, Lehkonen, Benn
    RW: DeBrincat, Reinhart, Boldy
    D: Q. Hughes, Weeger, Gudas, York, Andersson, Durzi
    G: Skinner*, Talbot, Allen, Stolarz, Wolf*
    IR+: Larkin, Trouba, Vilardi

H2H 12-Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    IR:
    G:

Dobber Sports Titan

With that many goalie categories I would consider dropping a F or two and taking Saros and/or Howard on top of keeping Korpi.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would consider dropping Sikura and pick up Saros and keep Korpisalo. I would also Borgstrom and pick up Howard as well and go with 4 Goalies.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eleasha View Post
    I would consider dropping Sikura and pick up Saros and keep Korpisalo. I would also Borgstrom and pick up Howard as well and go with 4 Goalies.
    It's not for the league in his sig.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    It's not for the league in his sig.
    Well crap.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Icon

Stick with Korpisalo. He's the starter on a team that had 98 points last season. Columbus is going to surprise a lot of teams this season.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Is this a one year league, dynasty, or keeper?

For a one year, I think Howard & Saros are decent options.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It's a keeper but we can only keep 1 goalie. I had a player that I could put on IR and have added Howard for now. I still haven't decided what I'll do when everyone's healthy.
    9 Team Keeper, Start 6F, 3C, 4D, 1G
    F- Panarin, Tavares, Aho, Lindholm, Hertl, Larkin, Miller, Lafreniere, Tatar, Meier
    D- Hedman, Hamilton, Fox, Pulock
    G- Rask

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I still think one way or the other i add Saros to your team to get all of there starts

Dobber Sports Jedi

heh... drop Korpisalo & pick up Anderson if you really want your league to chirp you.

Seriously though. Screw them. Keep him. I'd add Saros and give yourself the Nsh-cuffs and run with 4 goalies to start
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4