Hey everyone, I have 2 openings for my free, re-draft Auction league on Yahoo.

It seems most people go for their traditional snake drafts and H2H cats/points, but if you want to try something new, this league could be for you!.. Scoring format is "Points Only" with peripheral stats (non-H2H), 13 teams x 20 roster spots, so moderately deep. If you're inexperienced or unfamiliar with auctions, I can walk you through how the process works and basic auction strategy.

On other sites (namely Reddit), I usually get met with skepticism or criticism when I post the scoring system values, because they differ from the longstanding orthodox values that people are used to.. It seems people are more open to negative PIM nowadays, so that's progress I guess. Most notably here, Even-Strength points worth marginally more than PPPs; the rationale being that EVPs are harder to produce as a function of time and 3rd line up-and-comers aren't indirectly disincentivized... Lastly there is a big ~3x multiplier for SHPs, which works here because the league is a non-H2H format; Usually points from SHPs account for 1-2% of a teams total points. The winner usually finishes with about 10,000 points.

This year I've implementing a goalie scoring system that is high-risk, high-reward. This is created by using a high break-even ratio for Saves/GA (10:1), which serves as a proxy for Save %. In most point leagues (since this ratio is low, usually something like 4:1), it's generally best to plug in the goalie if there's an open spot because for any given starting decision there's relatively little risk for almost the same reward, but here one has consider to each starting decision as one would in a H2H cats/Roto league.. Further, by not using Wins as a category, it does much to remove the goalie's team's performance factor; therefore a statistically good goalie on a bad team is a viable option (see Darcy Kuemper)... The league uses 1 starting goalie, not the customary 2.

League has 90 games limit per starting spot, so there is moderate streaming/substitution, unlike most point leagues.

Top 100 skaters: www.imgur.com/a/E5Q1jJ5 .... Top 25 goalies: www.imgur.com/a/xEI3NeI

Scoring values: https://imgur.com/a/6yAFVQX

*Goalies especially should be evaluated by Fan Pts/game since there are game limits like most point leagues, but yahoo has removed 18-19 avg stats from the Player List dropdown menu for some inadvertent reason.

Here's link to league settings/scoring if you're interested:

https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.c...ca8ee651de8edf

If you have questions/comment on any of the scoring values or about auction drafting or anything in general, feel free to ask. Thanks for reading!