Thread: What To Do

Dobber Sports Icon

Default What To Do

After an epic auto-draft fail, I need to review my roster and see what I can try and do to salvage my season before it has even begun. 12 team head to head Yahoo league with 3C, 2LW, 2RW, 3D, 2 Util, 2 G, 3 Bench with stats of G, A, +/-, PIM, Power Play Points, Shorthanded Points, Game Winning Goals, Wins, GAA, SV%, Shutouts. (don't tell me the stats are terrible, I already know that!)

My team looks like this:

C: Ryan Johansen, Anze Kopitar, Nick Schmaltz (LW), Jonathan Toews
    LW: Brad Marchand, Viktor Arvidsson (RW), Andreas Johnsson (RW)
    RW: Mikael Granlund (LW), Yanni Gourde (LW)
    D: Victor Hedman, Mark Giordano, John Carlson, Matt Dumba, Morgan Rielly, Josh Morrissey
    G: Darcy Kuemper, Corey Crawford

I am in definite need of adding a goalie. The best goalies available are Jimmy Howard, Juuse Saros, Elvis Merzlikins, Joonas Korpisalo, Cam Talbot, Alex Georgiev, Brian Elliot, Keith Kinkaid, Linus Ullmark, Anton Khudobin, Cam Talbot, James Reimer, Jake Allen, Craig Anderson, Jack Campbell

The trade market in the league is typically not very active and dmen don't have much value. Is there a move that I should be making right now?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: What To Do

I would drop Schmaltz for Saros or Khudobin (none of these goalies are your saviour, so go for the best ratios).

Then toss Kopitar, Hedman, Giordano, and Crawford on the block, and see if you get a nibble.

- - - Updated - - -

What skaters are available in the FA pile?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I agree add Saros and drop Schmaltz. If the trade market isn't going and the defense isn't valued I would just add Saros and stay put.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Pro

Put Crawford on the block, try to move a dman or 2/3. Hedman should be pretty easy to move.

Add Saros from G, and add Elvis from G and if he ends up being bad jump on Talbot (if he gets the starters net) or Ullmark as he is pretty underrated (You could switch Elvis and Ullmark here if you would prefer the slightly more proven goalie)
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

The Magnificent One

Surprised no one said to get Howard. My sense is Detroit will be vastly improved and Howard is extra motivated since he'll be a UFA after this season.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Icon

I dropped Schmaltz for Joonas Korpisalo.

Available free agent forwards:

Mats Zuccarello, Dustin Brown, Boone Jenner, Josh Anderson, Gustav Nyquist, Blake Coleman, Kasperi Kapanen, David Perron, Josh Bailey, Ryan Dzingel, Ryan Tuch, Pavel Buchnevich, Micheal Ferland, Ondrej Kase, Brock Nelson, Charlie Coyle, Artturi Lehkonen, Ondrej Palat, Jakub Vrana, Ryan Donato, Brandon Saad, Craig Smith, Brandon Tanev, Derek Stepan, Joko Silfverberg, Victor Olofsson, Andre Burakovsky, Colin White, Erik Haula, Andrew Shaw, Jordan Staal, Alex Killorn, Max Comtois, Alex Texier, Alex Kerfoot, Anthony Cirelli, and many more!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Surprised no one said to get Howard. My sense is Detroit will be vastly improved and Howard is extra motivated since he'll be a UFA after this season.
    Any reason you think DET is going to be vastly improved? They haven't really changed a whole lot from last year's team.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Your full roster is auto-drafted?! I cant believe that. ...

...I would also give Howard a chance. Out of all the options he and Korpisalo are the only starters(by default) but Howard has proven that for year while Korpisalo has a big question mark if hes capable of that kind of a workload. Also theres someone named Elvis Smellstinksbad who is breathing down his neck...
    Devils & Predators fan

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Any reason you think DET is going to be vastly improved? They haven't really changed a whole lot from last year's team.
    Mantha, AA and Bertuzzi all ended the season red hot and the team itself was scoring in droves over the last month. I think they carry through that momentum, plus their D should be no worse. Call it a hunch.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Mantha, AA and Bertuzzi all ended the season red hot and the team itself was scoring in droves over the last month. I think they carry through that momentum, plus their D should be no worse. Call it a hunch.
    I don't see it yet, but I like it

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post
    Your full roster is auto-drafted?! I cant believe that. ...
    I went through and ranked my top 60 or so players but I was not around to make any of the picks. I had no idea that the Yahoo auto-draft system fills Utility spots before it fills the rest of the starting spots which is what caused the problem. It drafted 5 dmen with my first 7 picks and no goalies until the 13th round. 100% my fault for not knowing how it works.