Thread: A cheap goalie, a cheap D and a good prospect

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default A cheap goalie, a cheap D and a good prospect

Hi,

It's not needed to answer my questions, but if you've followed here ( https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...pert-questions ) here's how things shook up.

As I had learned recently, the guy who moved up to 3rd wanted a D, and the guy who moved up to 4th wanted a G. And the guy with the 1st wanted a D as well.

So I ended up with Kaapo Kakko with the 5th overall pick. A real miracle.
    But through the whole first round and early second, A LOT of goalies were taken.
    So I followed people's advice and went for Ovechkin right away. It still didn't prompt a run of high priced players.
    So in the third round, I went for recently cut in our league Voracek.

My roster is pretty much set in front.

But it came with a cost. All the goalies are taken. And I only have 3.4M left to draft. I made this decision as the only 'starters' left were Price (15M no thanks), Anderson, Howard (both too old on weak teams) and Koskinen (can't trust).

So I'll have to trust Markstrom and Ullmark.

-----

Here are my options for goalies. Please rank.

Jack Campbell, LAK
    Cal Peterson, LAK
    Jake Oettinger, DAL
    Filip Larsson, DET
    And maybe just maybe I want to fish Joonas Korpisalo, CBS in case he wins the crease and can steal wins.

-----

I'd feel more comfortable with a 7th D in case Brannstrom doesn't pan out. I need one that plays in the NHL this year and not be sent down.

Joel Persson, EDM
    Marcus Pettersson, PIT
    Kyle Capobianco, ARI
    Urho Vaakanainen, BOS
    Calle Rosen, COL

-----

And finally, I've got my 9 forward and at least 5 decent options. I don't think I *need* another forward, but since people jumped on G and D early, there are some options out there.

Joe Veleno, DET
    Jason Robertson, DAL
    Dylan Cozens, BUF
    Alex Barre-Boulet, TBL
    Aleksei Heponiemi, FLA

And some upside guys who'll play now (but I don't need their 2019-2020 production)
    Conor Garland, ARI
    Vinnie Hinostroza, ARI
    Alexandre Texier, CBS

The Dobber community has been very thoughtful so far.
    I've got the 6th pick tomorrow morning as we start the fourth round.

14 Teams, PTS Only, Salary, Full Keep, Start 2G 6D 3C 3LW 3RW
    G- Gustafsson, ?, ?
    D- Burns, Forsling, Brannstrom, Peru, Liljgren, Addison, ?, POJoseph, Jiricek
    C- Barkov, Eichel, Larkin, ?, Rossi
    LW- Marchessault, Zucc, Hagel, ?, Holtz
    RW- Terry, Tarasenko, Pavelski, Kakko, Brink

18 teams, PTS Only, Top G, Top4 D, Top10 F, Full Keep with a twist
    G- Shest, Luukkanen
    D- Seider Dunn Hedman Klingb Brannstrom Bean Peru Soderstrom Clarke
    F- Scheifele Reinhart JT Miller Huberdeau Zucc Giroux Quinn Couture Hartman Bjorkstrand Wheeler Krebs T Raddysh Jeannot Mangiapane Brink Guenther Poulin Perreault Cristall Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: A cheap goalie, a cheap D and a good prospect

You got Kakko & Ovechkin?! Excellent job.

Pettersson is the defender you want. He's sticking with the Penguins, and Rutherford said he's going to sign him to a multi-year extension.

Korpisalo, Campbell, & Peterson are the best of those 3 goalies. Any of them could be the starter by season's end. Who else is left? Another backup that I think can take the starting role is Nilsson, but it's in Ottawa.

Of those forwards, I want one of the 3 that you list as playing this year, I think. However, Cozens might be good as a future stash.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.