Thread: Hertl

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Hertl

Hello all,

Wondering if anyone has insight into Hertl's projections this year, he was nearly a point per game player last season and am seeing alot of forecasts around only 60 points for this upcoming one.

Any thoughts?

J

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Re: Hertl

I'm an owner and I'm high on the lad. When you see him play I think you'd agree, he's got a lot going for him. I don't think he's going off of PP1 anytime soon. Depends on who he's playing with, although he's had chemistry with most of the returning players. I think point per game.
    18 Team Keeper League
    G: 2 (+1PP), A 1 (+1.5F,+2D on PP) GWG +1, SH: +2G,+2A, SOG: .1, FO: .07-.05 Blocks: 0.25, PNTs for Shootout, Stars and hoo-boy we track a lot of stuff!

Fantrax: 10 F, 3 D, 1 Utility, 1 Goalie on Active-3 lineup changes/wk
    Forwards: Hertl, Huberdeau, Laine, Panarin, Sheifele, Rust, Glass, Coronato, Kuzmenko, Vrana, Wahlstrom, Olofsson, Nichushkin, Pinto, Miroshnichenko, Rasmussen

Defence: Hamilton, Heiskanen, RAndersson, York, Sandin

Goalie: Jarry, Nedeljkovic

Dobber Sports Veteran

His shooting % on 5on5 was pretty high but even if his sh% regresses a bit, I still think that hes a 70-75 point player.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Genius

I think 70 points is reasonable.

Dobber Sports Novice

I really like Hertl. I think he's good for 70+ and will be relied on alot more since Pavelski has left. His shooting percentage was a tad high, but his playoff shooting % was high the last 2 years also. The thing about Hertl is he scores most of his goals from the high % scoring zones (within 2 ft from the net). He's hard to contain on the PP with his massive body and wing span. He's a fixture on that deadly 1st PP unit and it would't surprise me with a healthy season, if he challenges the 80 pt mark.

“I respectfully decline to answer because I honestly believe my answer might tend to incriminate me” ~ Joey Gallo

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post
    His shooting % on 5on5 was pretty high but even if his sh% regresses a bit, I still think that hes a 70-75 point player.
    agreed
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

I am also a Hertl owner. I haven't seen all that many projections for the 60's. Most I have seen are for mid 70's and even a couple low 80's for points. Most also have him bagging 32 or more goals this season.
    Feel that he should be good for 70+ pts and 30+ goals.
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

id say lock for 65 points, I see him hitting 80 , but lock him in at 65 for sure IMO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I like Hertl and feel he is once again going to reach the 70 point margin this season.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

The Magnificent One

He was getting better and better by the game. I have a hard time seeing him producing any worse than last season, with a realistic shot at 80+.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Giant

I have a feeling any shooting % regression is going to be largely offset by an increase in shot volume, just kind of a necessity by virtue of departures from their top-six like Pavelski and Nyquist. Hertl's ice time could even conceivably increase to the 20-minute range, and he's absolutely a fixture on the PP1 unit -- probably in the slot / bumper position. I think ideally the Sharks PP1 would look something like:

Meier
    Karlsson-Hertl-Couture
    Burns

But I think whether the Sharks go with 4F-1D or 3F-2D, or use Labanc on one of the half-walls, or go with Kane as the net-front guy, Hertl should have a secure spot on the PP1.

He's got a real shot to put up point-per-game.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Pro

My projection has him for 69 points though they are fairly conservative. I believe he'll go for over 70 points. He's a lock on the top PP and will have strong linemates at even.

I'd say his floor is at 60-65 while his ceiling is in the mid-80s.